What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Had a bout of nostalgia and watched a BJ & the Bear episode, wanted to relive my youth. Too bad my adult mind is not where my kid mind was in 78' because adult me realizes how much this show sucked, while kid me loved it. Though adult me still likes all the fine ladies prominently featured on the show. 

That whole trucker / CB fixation everyone had in the 70's was quite the thing, everyone wanted to be a trucker. Think on that for a moment. Does anyone believe people would aspire to, much less want to see a movie or TV show about blue collar workers that was not a comedy about the dumb janitor or bus driver. The days of looking at the working man who provides for his family and holds firm as hero's is dead. Now in media if your not some millionaire or billionaire whatever, you suck loser. This glorification of style over substance is a sad reflection of our reality. 

Hmmm, I believe I shall watch an episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Now that show still holds up. Garren McGavin was a damn genius!

Edited by BobDobbs

MATV....Was watching a motocross track race when two motorcycles wiped each other out on a turn.  Both dudes skidded across the cement at about 60 mph like Evel Knievel at Caesar's Palace.   I'm sitting wondering if both riders are seriously injured, and in a split second they both jump up, sprint full speed, hop back on their motorcycles and continue racing like nothing happened.

Hmmm, I believe I shall watch an episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Now that show still holds up. Garren McGavin was a damn genius!

Some of the series episodes were damn goofy, but that first one with the vampire was excellent.  I still have that on VHS.  Right up there with the original "Salem's Lot" with James Mason...."Back Shaman, Back !"  

• 3 weeks later...