What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Logan Lucky. With the bleached hair, Daniel Craig really does look like Red Grant! 
Shame there wasn't a Bond film with a train fight between Craig (looked like Grant) and Adrian Paul (looked like the living incarnation of James Bond).
The post-modern, role-reversal jest of it would've tickled me no end. 

Edited by Brigante

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Arsenal v Manchester United. Could/should be a cracker. 10 mins to kick off

Ouch. Tough loss at the 90th minute. Sorry CP.

Watching Cincinnati @ Buffalo Divisional Round playoff game in the snow. LedZeppfan1977's team is not doing so well...so far.

Saturday night, probably thanks to some edibles, I ended up watching Svengooli's broadcast of the original "Godzilla" with Raymond Burr.  Things went downhill from there, as I had an urge to watch, "Godzilla vs Mothra" on u-tube.  Had no idea this was an unedited version of, "Godzilla vs The Thing", which was the American released version.  Quite a flashback, as I must have watched that movie after grade school in the 60's at least a dozen times.  Those little girls who sing to the egg were actually called, "The Peanuts" in Japan.  Makes sense to me.       

Reservation Dogs! 

100% NDN made, everyone involved is native, as such the show has a perspective I've NEVER SEEN!  98% of what I watch is totally predictable, you just know what's going to happen, but with Reservation Dogs the story development is unique.  Check out how humor, spirituality, tradition, and family take on unusual meaning(s).

Chef sez, "Reccommendo!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 1:10 AM, Strider said:

Catching up on the first two seasons of "Party Down" now that it is back for season three.

I can’t believe I haven’t watched this show before. Started last night, through ep.5. Great show

I’m watching the First 48. And I am getting very depressed. What a terrible show. I really need to stop watching it. You truly get to see the worst of our society on this show. Funny where all the shows are filmed as well. But damn, these Meth heads really need to stop murdering each other. It is truly depressing. But also very addictive. I will say that the Detectives who run these cases are admirable to say the least. To deal with these issues on a daily basis and make it home to their families and even be somewhat normal is amazing. God bless them. 

On 3/11/2023 at 6:22 AM, Walter said:

I can’t believe I haven’t watched this show before. Started last night, through ep.5. Great show

I try to watch anything with Martin Starr, forever immortal as Bill Haverchuck in "Freaks & Geeks".

at my gym  a friend told me he was on a cruise and  was  in a movie scene with  with Seth Rogan and Frazier from cheers for about a second, this jogged my memory because in 1978 I was an extra in a terrible movie  called the Norseman, starring Lee Majors, cornell wilde, Jack Elam to name a few, we just moved to Brandon/ Valrico FL and realtor told us a movie was being shot in Tampa and I could be  an extra and get paid, so I was an indian with just a loin cloth, so on Amazon Prime I found the movie and around the 1:16 mark I was in 5 scenes for about 10 seconds, one was a solo running with ax after the vikings, anyways my 3 adult children all said same thing when I showed them  the pictures and videos " dad, what the hell happened to you" remember at end of day about 500 indians extras were in long line and a man with a huge stack of $20's was giving them out so I grabbed my money, walked around and gave to my mom and got back in line and repeated several times, I figured white man screwed over the indians now it was pay back 😁

On 3/11/2023 at 11:13 PM, Plant77 said:

I’m watching the First 48. And I am getting very depressed. What a terrible show. I really need to stop watching it. You truly get to see the worst of our society on this show. Funny where all the shows are filmed as well. But damn, these Meth heads really need to stop murdering each other. It is truly depressing. But also very addictive. I will say that the Detectives who run these cases are admirable to say the least. To deal with these issues on a daily basis and make it home to their families and even be somewhat normal is amazing. God bless them. 

watch it too, Tulsa seems to be on there quite a bit along with Atlanta, Cold Justice on Oxygen  is another  good one

12 hours ago, custard pie man said:

I grabbed my money, walked around and gave to my mom and got back in line and repeated several times, I figured white man screwed over the indians now it was pay back 😁

😂 Outstanding!