What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Just finished watching "Into the Wild" on one of the movie channels we unexpectedly got (I guess its some promotion DirecTV does to make you buy them) But anyway, real good movie. Really good. But it hit me hard, I started crying by the end cry.gif .

I read the book, which was written by Jon Krakhauer, long before it was turned into a movie. I've seen the movie, but the book is much, much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Palladia - Fender Stratocaster- Original Air Date 10/02/2005

Right now Paul Rodgers is doing "Alright Now".

Hi Deborah..I was watching that too. Had to go out in the middle of it since it was 3 hours long but the hubby stayed home and finished watching it. It was a good show what I saw of it. We have a friend who works for Fender as a manager in product development. Had a left handed Telecaster made for my husband. He loves that guitar.

Hi Deborah..I was watching that too. Had to go out in the middle of it since it was 3 hours long but the hubby stayed home and finished watching it. It was a good show what I saw of it. We have a friend who works for Fender as a manager in product development. Had a left handed Telecaster made for my husband. He loves that guitar.

It was a great show.

I am now watching Revolutionary Road with Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet. I saw Leonardo in Boston October 2008 and to say he has the most beautiful eyes and is quite tall...in other words great looking in person. He came across as extremely nice.

Edited by Deborah J

I am watching the Rose Bowl Parade, aka The Tournament of Roses Parade.

I attended the parade in 1985, when Ohio State played USC in the Rose Bowl game. My husband and I were students at the time and we attended with the OSU student tour. We were a little older than the average college student since we were in medical school, and we were a bit more mature than the crowd we were with.

What a miserable experience!

First off, everyone stayed up the night before celebrating New Year's Eve. We had to leave our hotel by bus at 6 AM to be transported to the parade, as the parade starts at 8 AM. So we had no sleep at all. Most people were still drunk from the night before, or had severe hangovers. It was cold, and the bus did not have any heat. When we got to the parade route, we had reserved seats at the top of the stands that lined the streets. We were so far away, we couldn't see a thing. There was alot of air pollution and smog, so it was difficult to breathe. And the people who lined the streets for days before the parade so that they could have a good view, just went behind the stands to use the bathroom! So there was a heavy smell of urine in the air. It was nauseating, mixed with the smell of the smog, and then combine that with being drunk or hung over, it was very gross!

So you see the beautiful floats and flowers on TV, and you think that it would be wonderful to see (and smell the flowers) in person, but think again! It was anything but that. So don't waste your time and money going to see it, in my opinion. Just watch it on TV.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I too, am watching the 121st Rose Parade. Every year I get up by myself and have coffee and watch the parade.

In 1985 we went to see the floats after the parade. It was nice to see them up close and the detail that is put into the way these floats are put together.

The only way and the best way that I went to the parade is by bus. My grandparents bought a family pack of tickets, I think in 1975, and we caught a tour bus in Pomona and rode just a block away from the bleachers that we sat in. It was a pleasant way to go to see the parade.

BTW, good luck to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl game. We will be watching.

Edited by ledzepfvr

So, you think he can get me a job? I'm in a bad way! :(