What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

Has anyone seen the PBS documentary, CARRIER? Sorry if the spelling is wrong. This is so addictive, I really loved it. It has a few parts to it, but last weekend PBS made a marathon of it, and I was glued to the tv. If anyone was able to catch it , let me know what you thought.

In Independent UHF broadcast staion in the area shows the Priginal "Mission: Impossible" episodes.

The music is cool, and the color of the film still holds up today.

Yes, it's cheesy at time... but, I do not feel insutled watching the show.

The show did not have an agenda....

The show's agenda was pure unadulterated enterainment.

Sadly, that does not describe most of TV of today.

Has anyone seen the PBS documentary, CARRIER? Sorry if the spelling is wrong. This is so addictive, I really loved it. It has a few parts to it, but last weekend PBS made a marathon of it, and I was glued to the tv. If anyone was able to catch it , let me know what you thought.

it's only playing once a week here in europe, so i have only seen the first one. my husband was on that cruise so we are keeping a look out for him. here are a few photos from the nimitz...

n566304403_380176_6049.jpg

n566304403_380160_3329.jpg

n566304403_380173_3986.jpg

ok, saw the 3rd episode last night where they pull into hongkong and the guys all order the custom red leisure suits :D ...

disturbing at the end when the e-6 sailor of the wing, who is on the fast track, ends up having sex with the e-3 while on duty as the sexual victims liason!! i was surprised at how nonchalant he was ...didn't seem too bothered that his whole career was shot...something is wrong with that guy...just a total shock that seemed to come out of nowhere!!!

it's only playing once a week here in europe, so i have only seen the first one. my husband was on that cruise so we are keeping a look out for him. here are a few photos from the nimitz...

n566304403_380176_6049.jpg

n566304403_380160_3329.jpg

n566304403_380173_3986.jpg

Those are really nice pictures, thanks. After watching the whole series, I have a real understanding of what the lives are like for the men and women who serve our country, and also what it is like for the loved ones they must leave behind for so long. You said your husband was on this cruise, was he interviewed on this show? Since you have not seen the whole thing yet, I wont go into it too much. But I will say, the men and woman were very honest about how they feel about the war, and what goes on in their personel lives, and I respect that. The show is disturbing at times, as well as happy and sad. I found myself getting very emotional as I was drawn into these peoples lives. What ever people think about the war, I feel we should be thankful for the hard work,that all the men and woman, in all the different phases of the military do. And no, I do not know of anyone serving, that is just how I feel.

Those are really nice pictures, thanks. After watching the whole series, I have a real understanding of what the lives are like for the men and women who serve our country, and also what it is like for the loved ones they must leave behind for so long. You said your husband was on this cruise, was he interviewed on this show? Since you have not seen the whole thing yet, I wont go into it too much. But I will say, the men and woman were very honest about how they feel about the war, and what goes on in their personel lives, and I respect that. The show is disturbing at times, as well as happy and sad. I found myself getting very emotional as I was drawn into these peoples lives. What ever people think about the war, I feel we should be thankful for the hard work,that all the men and woman, in all the different phases of the military do. And no, I do not know of anyone serving, that is just how I feel.

very nice thing to say...don't know if we will see him, im mainly watching the background.

im hoping they show the portion of the cruise from hawaii to san diego (the tiger cruise) where family members are allowed to finish the cruise. my daughter went and really enjoyed it...

one thing to note is that these guys have been cruising to the gulf since the first iraq war...there has been no break...

til next week...

very nice thing to say...don't know if we will see him, im mainly watching the background.

im hoping they show the portion of the cruise from hawaii to san diego (the tiger cruise) where family members are allowed to finish the cruise. my daughter went and really enjoyed it...

one thing to note is that these guys have been cruising to the gulf since the first iraq war...there has been no break...

til next week...

I just want to tell everyone out there, to look this show up on their local PBS station and try to see it, it will be worth your while. I just love a good documentary, and this is a great one!

Well, I didn't know that the Hogan family have reality TV show. I'm just browsing the TV channel and saw it. It's sad cause I've watched the episode that they had their 22nd anniversary and to think that they just had a divorce recently... It seems that life really have ups and downs :mellow: