What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

I'm not watching anything...it's too beautiful a day to be stuck inside. Gorgeous weather here in L.A. But I realize many of you are freezing around the country and the world, and going outside may not be an option.

Well, you could read a book...listen to some music...quilt...build a model.

Or, thanks to the Turner Classic Movies channel, you can watch some great movies on TV! TCM has an absolutely stellar lineup today...they already showed the Gene Kelly/Frank Sinatra musical "On the Town" this morning, and now "An American in Paris" is on. Then it's one classic to another until midnight.

The lineup...all times are Eastern Standard Time; adjust accordingly to your time zone.

2pm: "SINGING IN THE RAIN"

4pm: "SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS"

6pm: "GIGI"...actually this isn't so great so you can take a dinner break at this time...stretch your legs...get ready for the big finish.

8pm: "BEN-HUR"...Obviously the best way to see this is in an actual theatre on a huge screen...but I know that's an impossibility where many of you live...THIS is the very definition of "EPIC"...of all those bloated religious-themed epics of the 50s("The Robe", "Ten Commandments", et al), "Ben-Hur" towers over them all...featuring the always astounding chariot-race sequence, 20 of the most thrilling minutes ever filmed...and NO CGI!

12midnight: "NORTH BY NORTHWEST"...finish the night with one of Hitchcock's best and one of the most perfect movies ever made...romance, suspence, comedy, action...Cary Grant and a wickedly sexy Eva Marie Saint...and two great sly supporting turns by James Mason and Martin Landau...this movie provided the template for the James Bond movies.

I saw that Danica Patrick set a Daytona track record 196.22 mph. That's pretty fast For a pretty gal.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50834127/ns/sports-motor_sports/

It wasn't a track record, she was fastest in practice today - for tomorrow's qualifying. Qualifying at Daytona is more about the engineers than the driver. See how she races on Thursday and Sunday to see if she knows how to drive the fast car she has - around other cars, door to door, inches apart with a hot, slick track like it'll be later this week.

Getting ready to watch segment 3 of the Shootout from Daytona....

GO #29!!!

:cheer: