AC/DC

Xtazy

ysmanl wouldnt exist without zeppelins cover on the first album and neither would wlr .. based their title on wll.. they loved zeppelin and it just shows zeppelins great and broad influence

I don't think You Shook Me All Night Long or Whole Lotta Rosie have anything at all to do with either You Shook Me or Whole Lotta Love.

Two of my friends (who are brothers) and their mom went to that concert as well. They said it was a great show and Brian was in good voice as well. B) Out of curiosity, could you describe to me the weird characters that were sitting by you? :D

My brother and I had aisle seats. Next to us was a father and a 14 year old son. And next to them was what appeared to be a soccer mom and dad, mid- thirties, very preppy. The woman was very bubbly when she first sat down, but kept leaving and coming back, probably 4 or 5 times before AC/DC came on stage. We didn't see her drinking. When the band took the stage, when everyone in the audience stood up, she sat down and passed out. She was totally out of it, missed the entire concert. The man she was with stripped off most of his clothes! He was almost down to his skivies. And we are talking Cincinnati, 15 degrees outside! Toward the end of the concert, he dressed and left. The woman came to, saw that he was gone, and staggered out of the arena to find him. I don't know how she made it down the stairs! People caught her as she fell. The man came back, saw she was gone, said "what the hell?" and kept on rockin'. She never came back. I don't know how he ever found her when the concert was over.

This is just one example of the many characters that were there! :lol:

My brother and I had aisle seats. Next to us was a father and a 14 year old son. And next to them was what appeared to be a soccer mom and dad, mid- thirties, very preppy. The woman was very bubbly when she first sat down, but kept leaving and coming back, probably 4 or 5 times before AC/DC came on stage. We didn't see her drinking. When the band took the stage, when everyone in the audience stood up, she sat down and passed out. She was totally out of it, missed the entire concert. The man she was with stripped off most of his clothes! He was almost down to his skivies. And we are talking Cincinnati, 15 degrees outside! Toward the end of the concert, he dressed and left. The woman came to, saw that he was gone, and staggered out of the arena to find him. I don't know how she made it down the stairs! People caught her as she fell. The man came back, saw she was gone, said "what the hell?" and kept on rockin'. She never came back. I don't know how he ever found her when the concert was over.

This is just one example of the many characters that were there! :lol:

Your story reminds me of my last Ryan Adams concert a couple of years ago in Charleston, SC. For one it was a strange scene since Riverdance or sort of play/musical was going on in close proximity to the venue where Ryan was playing so you had ball gowns and tuxes mixed in with rock n' roll concertgoers. Upon entering the venue where Ryan was playing there were drunk teenagers (mostly girls) that couldn't hold their liquor. One actually had to be carted in in a wheelchair since she was so shitfaced she was unable to walk. There was also a drunk girl seated next to us that was completely out of it during the entire concert. When it was all over she was still in her seat passed out. I guess security had to do something with her. I know everyone likes to get their drink on on occasion but some of that was just plain pitiful to see. "I think I'll get so wasted that I don't remember any of the concert and remain passed out throughout the entirety of it".

Edited by Jahfin

I went to the AC/DC concert in Cincinnati last Sunday. It was a good concert, not the best that I have been to, but very good. AC/DC is not my favorite band (Led Zeppelin is :) ) but I do like their music and they do put on a good show.

The warm up band was The Answer and I really liked them. The singer reminded me of Robert Plant. His name is Cormac Neeson. The band is from Northern Ireland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBIxa5w0biQ...feature=related

Jimmy has mentioned that he also likes this band.

Angus was somewhat subdued, in my opinion. He did all of his signature moves, but maybe not as exuberantly as he did in his younger days. Brian Johnson's vocals were great. I don't know how his voice holds out night after night. :)

The set list was:

Rock and Roll Train

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Back in Black

Big Jack

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Thunderstruck

Black Ice

The Jack

Hell's Bells

Shoot to Thrill

War Machine

Anything Goes

You Shook Me All Night Long

TNT

Whole Lot of Rosie

Let There Be Rock

Highway to Hell

For Those About to Rock

We had some wierd characters sitting by us. Also, there were people outside the arena with signs telling everyone to repent and "the end is near". I guess they thought that it was the devil's music and they were trying to save souls. :lol:

Overall, a good concert.

For me overall thats a good set list. Shame Skies On Fire isn't on it, thats my fav song from "Black Ice".

I went to the AC/DC concert in Cincinnati last Sunday. It was a good concert, not the best that I have been to, but very good. AC/DC is not my favorite band (Led Zeppelin is :) ) but I do like their music and they do put on a good show.

The warm up band was The Answer and I really liked them. The singer reminded me of Robert Plant. His name is Cormac Neeson. The band is from Northern Ireland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBIxa5w0biQ...feature=related

Jimmy has mentioned that he also likes this band.

Angus was somewhat subdued, in my opinion. He did all of his signature moves, but maybe not as exuberantly as he did in his younger days. Brian Johnson's vocals were great. I don't know how his voice holds out night after night. :)

The set list was:

Rock and Roll Train

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Back in Black

Big Jack

Thunderstruck

Black Ice

The Jack

Hell's Bells

Shoot to Thrill

War Machine

Anything Goes

You Shook Me All Night Long

TNT

Whole Lot of Rosie

Let There Be Rock

Highway to Hell

For Those About to Rock

We had some wierd characters sitting by us. Also, there were people outside the arena with signs telling everyone to repent and "the end is near". I guess they thought that it was the devil's music and they were trying to save souls. :lol:

Overall, a good concert.

I wish they could play at The JLC in London....I hope the band gets a break at some point in the tour...I hope Angus is o.k.

Juliet :coffee:

Before some events at The JLC there has been a trumpet player, a marching band or a Celtic group outside..very neat vibe...

Edited by Juliet

• 1 month later...
Sounds a whole lot this from 1979 but with more distortion!

Yeah, sounds a bit alike.

It also has a bit of Springsteen's Born in the USA (I'm talkin' about the vocal part).

But they managed to make it sound like AC/DC :) !

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for us American AC/DC fans, AC/DC have announced a second leg of U.S dates!

http://www.acdc.com/news/

July 2009

28 - Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium

31 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium

August 2009

16 - Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills

18 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena

30 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome

September 2009

2 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion at San Jose

4 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

6 - San Diego, CA - San Diego Sports Arena

8 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center

More dates to be announced soon!

I'm a big AC/DC fan...ACDC & Zeps are my favourite bands <3

I like all their songs from the first album (the Australian edition) as She's Got Balls or Love Song...

I love also Let There Be Rock, Dog Eat Dog, Highway To Hell, Shot Down In Flames, Shoot To Thrill, Hells Bells, The Razor's Edge, Thunderstruck, Stiff Upper Lip, The Jack, Ride On...I could list all my favourite AC/DC songs for hours :)

Unfortunately I couldn't see them in concert (they came here in Italy on the 19th and the 21st of March)...the tickets ran out in 20 minutes!

I think Angus Young isn't such a great guitarist, but now he plays better than 20/30 years ago ; he invented his style as guitarist and...he's GREAT! I think also Bon Scott was better than Bri as vocalist, but I like Johnson's voice the same...

I'm a big AC/DC fan...ACDC & Zeps are my favourite bands <3

I like all their songs from the first album (the Australian edition) as She's Got Balls or Love Song...

I love also Let There Be Rock, Dog Eat Dog, Highway To Hell, Shot Down In Flames, Shoot To Thrill, Hells Bells, The Razor's Edge, Thunderstruck, Stiff Upper Lip, The Jack, Ride On...I could list all my favourite AC/DC songs for hours :)

Unfortunately I couldn't see them in concert (they came here in Italy on the 19th and the 21st of March)...the tickets ran out in 20 minutes!

I think Angus Young isn't such a great guitarist, but now he plays better than 20/30 years ago ; he invented his style as guitarist and...he's GREAT! I think also Bon Scott was better than Bri as vocalist, but I like Johnson's voice the same...

They've always addded a second leg for European dates in the past 20 or so years so hopefully you get to see them next time they come to Italy.

ACDC is in my top 3 fav bands (Zep of course if #1). I have yet to see them live, but will do so this summer (Aug 6th OOOHHHH YEAH!!!).

My fav era is with Bon Scott. I just find their music hard a little more blues mixed in with their rock. Both Brian and Bon ROCK!!!. There is always a song to crank up and rock out to on any one of their albums. I find it amazing that ACDC are one of the few bands to remain successful after having a different lead singer.

My fav album is Let There Be Rock. A close second is Highway To Hell. Highway to hell was the very first music that I owned. It was also my first cassette tape. I remember hooking up a battery charger to a car stereo cassette player and 1 car stereo speaker, ON the kitchen table, just to listen to that album (cassette players were relatively new and expensive and all we had was a record player). A few moths later, I got a my first cassette player for xmas

My fav song is The Jack (both studio lyrics and the "interpretation" lyrics they do live. Rocker and Whole Lotta Rosie are awesome songs too. There isn't any Bon era song that I don't like.

Hi:

I read there is a group that is trying to get the band to play in Hamilton..The report in The Hamilton Spectator also stated that the band has played in Toronto and doesn't want to go to nearby Hamilton...

I agree ....they should play in London.....then stay for awhile, relax their voices and fingers in a quiet rural town nearby....like mine...

Juliet :lol:

I have every Led Zeppelin album and a lot of AC/DC albums.

The ones I have are.

'74 Jailbreak

High Voltage

Let There Be Rock

Powerage

If You Want Blood You've Got It

Highway to Hell

Back in Black

For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Flick of the Switch

Fly on the Wall

Blow Up Your Video

The Razor's Edge

Ballbreaker

Stiff Upper Lip

Black Ice

I also have a AC/DC T-shirt and the Family Jewels DVD.

I have the Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti CD which I gave to my dad because I got the Mini LP Replica Box Set for Christmas. I have a Led Zeppelin T-shirt. I have burned copies of Mothership and BBC Sessions.

I also have the original Led Zeppelin I album on vinyl it's a rare version with different ink for the cover.

I have 2 AC/DC vinyl records that are original ones Back in Black and For Those About to Rock We Salute You.

Edited by Ratman9513

I enjoy the Bon Scott stuff. And I like Back In Black, but overall Johnson is just too much for me. Bleh.

YOU Said it bon scott is way better than brian johnson led zep and acdc are the top two bands ever i dont like any of the new bands besides the awnser

Edited by Kashmir96

My dad said that back in his day, AC/DC was considered punk rock. Does anyone else agree?

I believe that was touched on in either the Seven Ages of Rock or Heavy: The Story of Metal that I saw on VH1 Classic recently. It stems from their very primitive and savage approach to rock n' roll at a time when other bands (including Zep) were accused of indulging in excess. Upon a closer listen it's revealed that what they're playing is a very bare bones version of early rock n' roll. Just imagine Chuck Berry jacked up on a lethal combination of steroids and amphetamines and you'll get the idea. I know that when I first saw AC/DC back in the late 70s on a bill with Cheap Trick and Nantucket, I was definitely struck by the punk rock thing. They were loud, brash and full of energy. I also noticed some in the front row were spitting on them, which in some other countries is referred to as "gobbing", a way of showing their appreciation for the band on stage. This occurred most frequently at punk rock shows. Though it may not necessarily apply to AC/DC, some bands such as Van Halen, Springsteen and Tom Petty were marketed as "punk rock" back in the mid to late 70s as it was the in thing then and was merely an effort to help move records.

Though it may not necessarily apply to AC/DC, some bands such as Van Halen, Springsteen and Tom Petty were marketed as "punk rock" back in the mid to late 70s as it was the in thing then and was merely an effort to help move records.

I can understand AC/DC and Van Halen. But not Tom Petty. Maybe a few songs like refugee or something. I was also surprised to hear he's been around since the 70's. I grew up in the 90's and I remember Tom Petty was ALWAYS on the radio and Mtv.

I can understand AC/DC and Van Halen. But not Tom Petty. Maybe a few songs like refugee or something. I was also surprised to hear he's been around since the 70's. I grew up in the 90's and I remember Tom Petty was ALWAYS on the radio and Mtv.

I don't mean from just a audio standpoint but a visual one as well. With Springsteen it was easy to push him as "punk" because of his then ruffled look and his affiliation with Patti Smith.

• 1 month later...