Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Xtazy

AC/DC

never was a fan til i got the "let there be rock" video tape a long time ago...........awesome concert footage.......made me a fan immediatly...........really love Bon Scott and the whole act was great back then

wish it would come out on dvd but i've never seen it.....maybe someone else knows

never was a fan til i got the "let there be rock" video tape a long time ago...........awesome concert footage.......made me a fan immediatly...........really love Bon Scott and the whole act was great back then

wish it would come out on dvd but i've never seen it.....maybe someone else knows

The DVD should be out in January 2011, FYI. :D

On another note, there's a new book out called AC/DC High Voltage Rock'n'Roll: The Ultimate Illustrated History that looks pretty good. I might get it for Christmas.

Anyway, they're just awesome; I love the album High Voltage. :D

Rather old news but it hasn't been posted here. Also three sold out shows were filmed at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on December 2, 4 and 6 for an upcoming DVD release. As with the supposed new live album there is no release date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t5w72

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/ac-dc-0802/

During an interview on BBC 2’s The Chris Evans Breakfast Show, AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson said that his band will "probably bring a live album out" in the near future. The performances likely would be drawn from AC/DC’s 2008-10 Black Ice World Tour, which was enormously successful. As it was previously reported, it is the second-highest-grossing tour of all time.

Last week, Johnson also spoke to The Pulse of Radio about AC/DC’s legendary Back In Black album, which recently celebrated its 30th anniversary. Having recently joined the band, which was already a force in hard rock, Johnson said he had no idea if Back in Black was going to turn out OK.

"I’d just melted me brain in there, and I didn’t know if it was good or bad," he said. "That was the first time I’d been in the Bahamas, anyway, or near America, you know, and you [have to] remember, I was just fascinated by the whole culture and all, and I had no idea what the hell I was doing! And [laughs] lucky, really – I was a bit lucky, I think."

Back in Black is tied for fifth (with Billy Joel’s Greatest Hits Vols. I & II) on the list of the best-selling albums in the U.S. It also recently was named one of the Top 10 Guitar Albums of All Time by Gibson.com.

I have been "THUNDERSTRUCK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay::PB)

Love AC/DC! They rock!!!B)

Are you familiar with the Bon Scott fronted material of the band? AC/DC is always in my top three bands because of the Bon Scott years.

Are you familiar with the Bon Scott fronted material of the band? AC/DC is always in my top three bands because of the Bon Scott years.

Well, being a very new AC/DC fan, I know that there are 3 eras : the Dave Evans era, the Bon Scott era and the Brian Johnson era...I am not quite sure which era produced the best music. What do you think? Any input will be appreciated! :D Reading your post, you think that the Bon Scott era is the best?

Well, being a very new AC/DC fan, I know that there are 3 eras : the Dave Evans era, the Bon Scott era and the Brian Johnson era...I am not quite sure which era produced the best music. What do you think? Any input will be appreciated! :D Reading your post, you think that the Bon Scott era is the best?

I recommend getting a hold of Plug Me In it's a DVD collection of live performances from the 1970's with Bon and the second disc with Brian.

I recommend getting a hold of Plug Me In it's a DVD collection of live performances from the 1970's with Bon and the second disc with Brian.

Thank you for the tip! I think I'll start checking out albums from the Bon Scott era first! B)

Thank you for the tip! I think I'll start checking out albums from the Bon Scott era first! B)

Kiwi, I'm a big AC/DC fan myself, so I can say this: although I love Brian Johnson, between him and Bon Scott, I love Bon more, and I think Bon was the better of the two. I think the majority of the band's best material was made with Bon. As for Dave Evans, I don't really care for him whatsoever. Just my opinion. :D

Kiwi, I'm a big AC/DC fan myself, so I can say this: although I love Brian Johnson, between him and Bon Scott, I love Bon more, and I think Bon was the better of the two. I think the majority of the band's best material was made with Bon. As for Dave Evans, I don't really care for him whatsoever. Just my opinion. :D

Hi Page!! :wave:

I pretty much became an AC/DC fan thanks to you! :D Yep! You read that right! B) And thanks for your really helpful advice! I'm going to take it word for word! :D

IMO, AC/DC died along with Bon Scott!

Up until they went to England and he passed away in 1980, I'd seen them play at least 100 times.

Haven't bothered with them since.

I preferred Brian when he was with Geordie.

From Time.com:

Heavy Metal Under the Sea: Sharks Act Calmer When Listening to AC/DC

By: KAI MA

42-25010240.jpg

© Image Source/Corbis

The great white shark—the toothy, aggressive predator known for its “man eater” depiction in Jaws—has long been a source of fascination. But when it comes to musical preferences, great whites are just like the 50 million-plus humans who turned AC/DC's Back in Black into one of the best selling albums of all time.

They're fans.

According to Australian news outlet ABC, Matt Waller, a tour operator in Neptune Bay, discovered that great white sharks act more calmly when listening to music by AC/DC, the Aussie heavy-metal band that reached its peak during the 1980s. The two songs favored by the sharks: “You Shook Me All Night Long” and “Back in Black.”

After Waller played the songs using underwater speakers, the sharks became “more investigative, more inquisitive and a lot less aggressive."

“They actually came past in a couple of occasions when we had the speaker in the water and rubbed their face along the speaker which was really bizarre,” he said.

To read the entire article click here.

Edited by Jahfin

Out today..

http://www.amazon.com/AC-DC-Limited-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B004LWZWEC/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307468597&sr=1-1

AC/DC: Let There Be Rock (Limited Collector's Edition) [blu-ray] (2011)

The only movie powered by AC/DC. This legendary concert film, covering a 1979 Paris concert during the Australian heavy metal band's "Highway To Hell" tour showcases the power and precision that the quintet bring to vicious rockers like "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Let There Be Rock." Pixieish lead guitarist Angus Young, attired in his trademark school-boy's uniform, takes center stage with his energetic antics and frenetic solos, while the rest of the band crank out their minimalist boogie with quiet determination. Interview segments and humorous backstage footage show another side to the thuggish musicians, especially AC/DC's flamboyant lead singer Bon Scott, who died two months after this filmed concert.

Bon Scott's left an incredible legacy and would have been 66 today.

Here's cheers to the Problem Child :beer:

post-1183-0-84924000-1341888734.jpg