AC/DC

Xtazy

Really peeved, I logged on at work at 10am with pin code, got 2 tickets up at 4 mins past for the london show, by the time I got to buy tickets, it said my time had run out to buy tickets, I went back did it again and at 10.10 the gig was sold out..I was lived, I rang and it was engeged untill gone 11.00 am at which point they had added another show at 11am, that too sold out by the time I got thru ....YIKES...rand Birmingham and they had sold out too.

JUst hope they add more, if not its going to me beeing fleeced on a concert Package to Europe :(.

I was wondering if any of you are AC/DC fans as well? Zepp and AC/DC are my favorite bands at this very moment and I could listen to their songs for days.

Which are your fav. AC/DC songs? Did you see any of their concerts? What do you think about AC/DC's guitarist, Angus Young? Do you think Bon Scott was better than Brian Johnson?

Discuss anything related to AC/DC!

AC/DC my number 2 band just behind Zep. I've never missed a show when they've come to Philly. Just got tix for 11/17. I prefer the Bon Scott stuff and love the way they have put the more obscure tunes in the setlists. Gone Shootin' is probably one of my favorite tunes but it's very hard to pick just one.

Edited by bonzo1026

AC/DC is playing in Colulmbus at the Shottenstein Center on the Ohio State University Campus on November 21. This happens to be the night before the OSU-Michigan football game, which will be played on the OSU campus in Columbus on Saturday. The campus/city goes crazy the week before the football game. With the concert the night before and probably ESPN College Game Day being held on campus on Saturday (maybe not because Michigan is not in contention for winning the Big 10 this year, but still it is a major rivalry and anything can happen at this game), there will be major partying going on. I have tickets for the Cincinnati concert on January 11th. The Columbus tickets sold out the day they went on sale. Also, I wanted to avoid the bedlam on campus that weekend.

My favorite AC/DC songs are "Hell's Bells", "It's a Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock and Roll", and "Highway to Hell". Just saw the "No Bull" concert on VH1 Classic. It was phenomenal! Led Zeppelin is number one on my favorite/best band list. Still hoping to see a concert with all or some of the remaining members and Jason.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I'm sorry. I noticed a typo. It is November 21 for the Columbus concert. Not the 12th.

My Bad! :unsure:

Just figured out how to edit the typo, so this post was unecessary. So sorry! I am new here. Thank you for your patience.

Sincererly,

BUCK"EYE" DOC

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

AC/DC is playing in Colulmbus at the Shottenstein Center on the Ohio State University Campus on November 21. This happens to be the night before the OSU-Michigan football game, which will be played on the OSU campus in Columbus on Saturday. The campus/city goes crazy the week before the football game. With the concert the night before and probably ESPN College Game Day being held on campus on Saturday (maybe not because Michigan is not in contention for winning the Big 10 this year, but still it is a major rivalry and anything can happen at this game), there will be major partying going on. I have tickets for the Cincinnati concert on January 11th. The Columbus tickets sold out the day they went on sale. Also, I wanted to avoid the bedlam on campus that weekend.

My favorite AC/DC songs are "Hell's Bells", "It's a Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock and Roll", and "Highway to Hell". Just saw the "No Bull" concert on VH1 Classic. It was phenomenal! Led Zeppelin is number one on my favorite/best band list. Still hoping to see a concert with all or some of the remaining members and Jason.

That's funny Buck'eye'. I also have a ticket for Cincinnati. LOL. Maybe I'll see you there.

Here's a Brian Johnson quote from the latest edition of Classic Rock:

"We always like to put something special on and this year is no exception. We've just spent nearly 4.5 million dollars on this new production. That's the most anybody has ever spent in the history of rock'n'roll. It's very, very special. And I can't wait to see it in actual form, in physical form. I've seen all the drawings and all the things and it's just unbelievable..."

Sounds good! For those who've missed out on UK tickets, there are rumours that they'll be doing larger shows later on - lets hope so!

Sounds good! For those who've missed out on UK tickets, there are rumours that they'll be doing larger shows later on - lets hope so!

I sure hope so too! Been checking fan forums and it seems a though they may play the O2 again on 25th and 26th of April, only rumours you understand. My 18th birthday is on the 19th of April and this would be one hell of a way to celebrate!

REALLY hope they add more London dates, can see them selling out a stadium easily - Wembley or Twickenham perhaps? There's also aways the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park.

Hopefully they'll be an announcement soon, otherwise I shall go and see Airbourne in November!

I sure hope so too! Been checking fan forums and it seems a though they may play the O2 again on 25th and 26th of April, only rumours you understand. My 18th birthday is on the 19th of April and this would be one hell of a way to celebrate!

REALLY hope they add more London dates, can see them selling out a stadium easily - Wembley or Twickenham perhaps? There's also aways the Hard Rock Calling festival in Hyde Park.

Hopefully they'll be an announcement soon, otherwise I shall go and see Airbourne in November!

Yes lets hope so, but I would imagine they will :)

There's some new footage on Youtube from a warm-up gig they did last night. From what I've heard, they sound pretty good. They tuned their songs down half a step to give Brian a break; frankly, I think they should've done so back in the 90's, but whatever. Malcolm and Cliff's back up vocals sound a bit rough, but hey, this is a warm-up gig. One thing's for sure, though: Angus is crazy as ever.

A fan also managed to take a photo of what appears to be a complete setlist for the tour:

2976739581_1f387e16bf_o.jpg

In case you can't read it:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train

02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be

03. Back In Black

04. Stiff Upper Lip

05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

06. Thunderstruck

07. Hard As A Rock

08. The Jack

09. Hells Bells

10. Shoot To Thrill

11. You Shook Me All Night Long

12. TNT

13. Whole Lotta Rosie

14. Let There Be Rock

15. Highway To Hell

16. For Those About To Rock

17. Anything Goes

18. Big Jack

19. War Machine

20. Black Ice

21. Bad Boy Boogie

Edited by Trashbag

There's some new footage on Youtube from a warm-up gig they did last night. From what I've heard, they sound pretty good. They tuned their songs down half a step to give Brian a break; frankly, I think they should've done so back in the 90's, but whatever. Malcolm and Cliff's back up vocals sound a bit rough, but hey, this is a warm-up gig. One thing's for sure, though: Angus is crazy as ever.

A fan also managed to take a photo of what appears to be a complete setlist for the tour:

2976739581_1f387e16bf_o.jpg

In case you can't read it:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train

02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be

03. Back In Black

04. Stiff Upper Lip

05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

06. Thunderstruck

07. Hard As A Rock

08. The Jack

09. Hells Bells

10. Shoot To Thrill

11. You Shook Me All Night Long

12. TNT

13. Whole Lotta Rosie

14. Let There Be Rock

15. Highway To Hell

16. For Those About To Rock

17. Anything Goes

18. Big Jack

19. War Machine

20. Black Ice

21. Bad Boy Boogie

I'm trying not to look at the setlist just in case I go to the January show in Toronto...I don't want to know what I'm going to hear...makes it more exciting...

FYI...A half step is also called a semi-tone...

I read where Rod Stewart had to sing all his tunes a half step lower after recovering from his cancer surgery on his vocal chords...

Edited by Juliet

I enjoy the Bon Scott stuff. And I like Back In Black, but overall Johnson is just too much for me. Bleh.

Pretty much how I feal, although I first got into them when For Those About To Rock came out (the last album of theirs I liked). Saw them at Brimingham NEC (England) in '84 and somehow managed to get right up to the stage. Still one of my all time fave gigs evn though it was an arena

Edited by neil68

Nov. 17 can't get here fast enough....I can't wait!!

Tell me about it! I got tix for Philly too! Did you have trouble getting them when they went on sale online? I went on at 10 a.m. and the fkn link wouldn't work. Luckily I called in time to get a tasty seat in sect. 105.