AC/DC

Xtazy

i had a private concert with ac/dc......well kinda. they played my home town in 1975. they were just starting out. baby please dont go was the single, i think the high voltage album was just released. anyway, only myself, my boyfriend and a handfull of others turned up at the gig. they still did a full set, and it rocked. we were allowed backstage and chatted with all the guys. i even got to try on angus's hat! they were cool, and i felt bad for them that they didnt pull a crowd. all the other nerds were into abba etc......

i had a private concert with ac/dc......well kinda. they played my home town in 1975. they were just starting out. baby please dont go was the single, i think the high voltage album was just released. anyway, only myself, my boyfriend and a handfull of others turned up at the gig. they still did a full set, and it rocked. we were allowed backstage and chatted with all the guys. i even got to try on angus's hat! they were cool, and i felt bad for them that they didnt pull a crowd. all the other nerds were into abba etc......

If you'rer talking about Gosford, I had some mates who went to that too! :)

ACDC realy is one of the greatest bands of all times. . . . . I love them. . . . and especialy Angus Young. . . man i love himmm. . . . His bluesy_Classical guita solos are brain busting. . . . . My favourite ACDC songs are Bcack in Black, Who Made Who, Thunderstruck and many others. . . . They realy Rock. . . . . Cant say that Brian Johnson is better then Bon Scott, but for me his voice sounds more bluesy then Scotts. . . . . . But Bon realy Rocks. . . . He started the whole new adge of rock Voice and inspired many in rock music. . . . . I love Him tooo. . . . . . AcDc Rocks and alwasy will. . . . . .

The Bon Scott era is where it's at.

Albums are way too inconsistent with Johnson, other than Back In Black, which was written with Bon in my as the singer, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Highway to Hell is their best, followed closely by Dirty Deeds, then BiB.

I don't think they have covered Ballroom Blitz. In this day and age, it was probably a mislabel on limewire, or somethin.

Edited by ArmsofAtlas

That's fantastic! What an exciting experience that must have been. And all these years I've been feeling a bit smug about seeing them in '79 - you have me beat by 4 years! :D

One of the most electrofying shows I've ever experience in my life!

Saw them in a Uni arena seating about 5,000 they opened the show with this song

and Instead of appearing on stage, Angus came out from the back of the arena riding on the shoulders of this huge guy that looked like he was from the WWF working their way through the crowd to the stage. What a way to open a show. F%&#ing kicked our arses all night long!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X80Qjh9Yivs&feature=related

beavisandbutthead.gif

I was hanging out at my brothers house awhile back and my other brother said that my little 2yr old nephew looked liked angus young, the way he was dressed with shorts etc. Anyway, i sing -tnt, i'm dynomite...in a goofy voice and it makes him smile and laugh.

I think ac/dc was a great rock band, would love to see them put an album together of past collective strength, influence. Its interesting when these bands that have been around for so long, can actually be influenced by themselves.

I was hanging out at my brothers house awhile back and my other brother said that my little 2yr old nephew looked liked angus young, the way he was dressed with shorts etc. Anyway, i sing -tnt, i'm dynomite...in a goofy voice and it makes him smile and laugh.

I think ac/dc was a great rock band, would love to see them put an album together of past collective strength, influence. Its interesting when these bands that have been around for so long, can actually be influenced by themselves.

It's the typical aussie school uniform! :)

Ah yes.....Bathurst...I used to watch Brock and Moffat race in the town :):)

hey dragster where are you from?

the boyfriend that i attended the concert with is a muso, he played in an ac/dc tribute band the following year. they were called STATIC, and were based in orange. he wore tha school uniform and hat. but he had an S on the front ( for his name ). i thought it was soooo cool!

I was wondering if any of you are AC/DC fans as well? Zepp and AC/DC are my favorite bands at this very moment and I could listen to their songs for days.

Which are your fav. AC/DC songs? Did you see any of their concerts? What do you think about AC/DC's guitarist, Angus Young? Do you think Bon Scott was better than Brian Johnson?

Discuss anything related to AC/DC!

I saw AC/DC in 79 at the Zeppelinfeld in Nuerenburg, Germany. My favorite song is Ride On. And I think Bon Scott was twice as good as Brian Johnson.

• 2 weeks later...

NO BULL - DIRECTOR'S CUT

nobull.jpg

click for the full image

AC/DC's 1996 video "No Bull" will be re-released as director's cut in September 2008 on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Special Features:

- Region 0

- Cover You In Oil - from Goteborg, Sweden

- Down Payment Blues - from Daytona Florida

- "Angus-Cam" Versions Of: Shoot To Thrill / Hail Caesar / Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution / You Shook Me All Night Long

Source

Original Promo Poster:

nobulloriginal.jpg

click for the full image

I love AC/DC. I have all their albums and am a huge fan. Here's something I just gotta say. My mom was talking to my brother on the phone tonight about a Doors exhibit at the RNR Hall Of Fame that we wanna see before it closes and he had the nerve to say that The Doors are overrated and all of their songs sound exactly the same. What!!! :angry: My mom and dad both gladly defended them and then he said that The Doors are just like AC/DC in that once you've heard one song you've heard them all. And he thinks Angus Young is an overrated guitar player. I'm aware that everyone has an opinion but my brother is one of the most opinionated people I've ever known. My mom told him since when did he become a rock critic and that he listens to shit like the deftones and rap music. :D Thank God I have pretty cool parents. B)