AC/DC

Xtazy

I love AC/DC. I have all their albums and am a huge fan. Here's something I just gotta say. My mom was talking to my brother on the phone tonight about a Doors exhibit at the RNR Hall Of Fame that we wanna see before it closes and he had the nerve to say that The Doors are overrated and all of their songs sound exactly the same. What!!! :angry: My mom and dad both gladly defended them and then he said that The Doors are just like AC/DC in that once you've heard one song you've heard them all. And he thinks Angus Young is an overrated guitar player. I'm aware that everyone has an opinion but my brother is one of the most opinionated people I've ever known. My mom told him since when did he become a rock critic and that he listens to shit like the deftones and rap music. :D Thank God I have pretty cool parents. B)

I remember reading in an interview with Keith Richards about how he felt performing with Angus and Malcolm Young of AC/DC on stage. Keith's reply was that "THEY ARE CRAZY SONS A BITCHES!" ROCK ON!

Brian Johnson jams with Greg Billings band in Florida

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson joined GREG BILLINGS BAND on stage on July 29, 2008 in Florida at a private CD-release party for Greg's new CD, "Do-Overs".

DSC_4808.jpg

DSC_4814.jpg

DSC_4823.jpg

DSC_4853.jpg

Source

Brian seems to stay in shape :) !

UK fans invited to be AC/DC's next video

form.jpg

click for the full picture

AC/DC is inviting their biggest fans to compete for a chance to appear in their next video that will be filmed somewhere in Central London on August 15 from 3pm to Midnight.

Apparently, 150 lucky fans will be chosen from all the entrants who fill out this form which appears on Sony Record's AC/DC site. All you need do is give them a bit of your personal information and answer the question, "Why are you AC/DC's biggest fan?"

Please note, however, that according to the official rules "Entry is only open to residents of the United Kingdom over the age of 18. For the complete contest terms, read the legal lingo here.

Source

Back in Black was the first LP I ever bought back in 1980 and it still is a great rock album !! I managed to see them at Donington rock festival I can't wait for the tour to start later this year :)

hey dragster where are you from?

the boyfriend that i attended the concert with is a muso, he played in an ac/dc tribute band the following year. they were called STATIC, and were based in orange. he wore tha school uniform and hat. but he had an S on the front ( for his name ). i thought it was soooo cool!

I'm from the 'GONG on the South Coast of NSW! Great to hear so many AC/DC trib bands around! :)

Romanian fans made an online petition for bringing AC/DC to our country. Two TV channels informed people about it, not to mention all the forums and sites that promoted the petition. The guy who brought Iron Maiden, Metallica, Whitesnake, Def Leppard and others to our contry will take care of the business and will try to get AC/DC here, but maybe he'll be more motivated if this petition will grow bigger and bigger. We've got about 2000 signatures at this moment, it's not much, but hey...!

If you a have a minute or two to spare, maybe you could sign it too, doing us, Romanian fans, a favor :D .

Edited by Xtazy

Romanian fans made an online petition for bringing AC/DC to our country. Two TV channels informed people about it, not to mention all the forums and sites that promoted the petition. The guy who brought Iron Maiden, Metallica, Whitesnake, Def Leppard and others to our contry will take care of the business and will try to get AC/DC here, but maybe he'll be more motivated if this petition will grow bigger and bigger. We've got about 2000 signatures at this moment, it's not much, but hey...!

If you a have a minute or two to spare, maybe you could sign it too, doing us, Romanian fans, a favor :D .

Good luck and I hope they come there for you, it might be their last tour so here is hoping.

• 4 weeks later...

Bon is better than Brian technically, but I like them both equally. Brian himself seems to have a huge respect for his predecessor (he won't sing "It's a Long Way to the Top" because it's Bon's signature song). And Bon, who once saw him in a Georgie concert, thought he was great.

• 4 weeks later...
Cant wiat to hear the new album, I hear they put alot of work into it. more so naming the bloddy thing and thoughts on the title? Black ice....

Yeah well it's been eight years so it would want to be alright. :angry:

They were never overly inventive! :o

You'd think with 50% of The Easybeats songwriting team behind them they could've come up with something a little more colourful. :unsure:

Black Ice leaves me COALED! :blink:

At least when (if), they play Oz the kinks should be ironed out and they're tight, there'll be no excuses for a bad show. <_<

I'm waiting for my mate Xtazy to chime in. :)

It could be worse I could go on to their forum and bag them and promote Led Zeppelin, but like most people on this board class prevents me from doing so. :D

Cheers.

it will be interesting to see what all this time has enabled them to produce onto record. Im betting it will do very well. And iv seen a track list posted on some sites. Im just not crazy about the name... i know the name has nothing to do with the music... but black ice... lol

I was wondering if any of you are AC/DC fans as well? Zepp and AC/DC are my favorite bands at this very moment and I could listen to their songs for days.

Which are your fav. AC/DC songs? Did you see any of their concerts? What do you think about AC/DC's guitarist, Angus Young? Do you think Bon Scott was better than Brian Johnson?

Discuss anything related to AC/DC!

How's it going "Xtazy" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I LOVE AC/DC! I own every one of their albums on Vinyl and CD. I have seen AC/DC so many times live that I don't even remember how many times I've seen them live. I'm going to have to go through my shoe box and go through my hundreds of ticket stubs and find out how many times I've seen them live. I've seen them live in Sacramento, L.A., San Francisco and San Antonio. My father, who is pushing 80 years old is now a devout AC/DC fan as well as a LED ZEPPELIN and JUDAS PRIEST fan. My dad just loves Angus Young. We both watch the LIVE IN DONINGTON DVD quite often. Now my Dad wants to see AC/DC live for the first time and I'm going to take him to a show. I'm going to take my Dad to see AC/DC live at the AT&T Center here in San Antonio, Texas on 12 December 2008. This historic ocassion will also mark the first time that my Dad has ever been to a concert. I bet that he will enjoy it. ROCK ON!

Here is the Uk gigs for the tour, they go on sale tomoorow morning at 10am, shall be getting mine online tomorrow all being well :)

14 Apr 2009 London O2 Arena 2008-10-17 October 17

21 Apr 2009 Manchester MEN 2008-10-17 October 17

23 Apr 2009 Birmingham NEC 2008-10-17 October 17

I expect more will be added as they seem to be going like hot cakes everywhere else. Its 17years since I last saw them.

Edited by leddy