AC/DC

Xtazy

Big AC/DC fan here, same as X in that Led Zeppelin and AC/DC are my two most favorite bands. I have to say that I enjoy the Bon Scott material far more than Brian, well not far more just more because I do like Brian for keeping AC/DC alive after Bon Scott sadly passed away and I like a good number of his songs and albums. Brian's vocals can sometimes be great and sometimes I'm not in the mood for his style of vocals. Whereas I can always enjoy a Bon Scott song. Just like Led Zeppelin with Bon Scott every song was great, no fillers. The recently released album Black Ice is a great album done by the boys and Brian was great. Even at their age they are far superior to any new band out there live or of studio work. My favorite albums include:

High Voltage, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap... all of Bon Scott's albums and from Brian Johnson it would be Back In Black and Black Ice.

Here are some great performances of their current Black Ice tour, in which they are amazing:

Click here! Back In Black

Black Ice

War Machine

R R' T

All class, not.

They didn't mind covering some of his songs now did they?

It was Brian Johnson and I would be a little pissed too but it's Angus who's cited Chuck Berry as his biggest influence, not Brian Johnson and AC/DC covered Chuck Berry's song School Days when Bon Scott was the lead singer.

All class, not.

They didn't mind covering some of his songs now did they?

Well, many people said 'Great music, shit person' about Chuck. But don't get me wrong, he's probably my favorite person in rock music, he changed my life, if I didn't listen to Johnny B Goode a few years ago, now I would probably not even heard of some of my favorite bands. Chuck Berry made me play the guitar. I would probably listen to hip-hop and R&B now if it wasn't for him.

There's also the possibility that Brian was just joking, he has some sense of humor...

Well, many people said 'Great music, shit person' about Chuck. But don't get me wrong, he's probably my favorite person in rock music, he changed my life, if I didn't listen to Johnny B Goode a few years ago, now I would probably not even heard of some of my favorite bands. Chuck Berry made me play the guitar. I would probably listen to hip-hop and R&B now if it wasn't for him.

There's also the possibility that Brian was just joking, he has some sense of humor...

I'm sure it was not meant to be offensive but sometimes things get taken the wrong way.

Many years ago Chuck played The Hordern pavilion in Sydney and a few people jumped on the stage myself and a friend of mine included.

Anyway the security guys tried to get us off the stage and Chuck told them in no uncertain terms to let the kids dance within a few minutes the stage was almost full!.

We all boogied along with him doing the duckwalk in unison and whatever for about an hour.

Then we all sang along to Johnny B Goode.

So yeah he had an influence on me too.

UK/Ireland stadium dates added:

London Wembley Stadium (June 26)

Dublin Punchestown Racetrack (28)

Glasgow Hampden Park (30)

Should please a few people.... :D

Yes thats going to be good, Got a gig on Sat 27 June in Brighton but looks like I will be going to London the Day before to Wembley :)

New European Tour Dates:

May 13 - Leipzig, DE Zentralstadium

May 15 - Munich, DE - Olympic Stadium

May 17 - Gelsenkirchen, DE Veltins Arena

May 19 - Cologne, DE - Stadion

May 22 - Hockenheimring, DE - Formula 1 Racing Track

May 24 - - Vienna, AT - Ernst-Happel Stadium

Jun. 12 - Paris, FR - Stadt de France

Jun. 15 - Oslo, NO Valle Hovin

Jun. 17 - Helsinki, FI - Olympic Stadium

Jun. 19 - Copenhagen, DK - Parken

Jun. 21 - Gothenberg, SE - Ullevi Stadium

Jun. 23 - Amsterdam, NL - Amsterdam Arena

Jun. 26 - London, GB - Wembley Stadium

Jun. 28 - Dublin, IE Punchestown Racetrack

Jun. 30 - Glasgow, GB - Hampden Park

More coming soon!

Well Ms Honeydripper you dont strike me as the ACDC type. I like a few of their hits and play Back in Black on the guitar, but I must say, I doubt Id go out and buy and album or pay to see them live. To me they are more in the league of a Cheap Trick. Not as good as Rush, or Journey, or Black Sabbath/Ozzie or Aerosmith even. And not even on the same planet with the likes of Led Zeppelin. And if I did see them Id want to see the original. Now here comes a stupid question of the day. I cant remember how Bon Scott died? Can somene tell me???

I must agree, love them, never seen them live, I have tickets to see them in January '09

I must agree, love them, never seen them live, I have tickets to see them in January '09

Last time I saw them was in 2002 I believe :D and they rocked. The thing with AC/DC is not to take them too seriously. They are a kick ass rock band who put on a great show. Plain and simple

Last time I saw them was in 91 at Donnington and it was great, its been to long and i am armed and ready to click buy tomorrow morning to get Wembley tickets :)

actic-1.jpg

Edited by leddy

• 5 weeks later...

I went to the AC/DC concert in Cincinnati last Sunday. It was a good concert, not the best that I have been to, but very good. AC/DC is not my favorite band (Led Zeppelin is :) ) but I do like their music and they do put on a good show.

The warm up band was The Answer and I really liked them. The singer reminded me of Robert Plant. His name is Cormac Neeson. The band is from Northern Ireland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBIxa5w0biQ...feature=related

Jimmy has mentioned that he also likes this band.

Angus was somewhat subdued, in my opinion. He did all of his signature moves, but maybe not as exuberantly as he did in his younger days. Brian Johnson's vocals were great. I don't know how his voice holds out night after night. :)

The set list was:

Rock and Roll Train

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Back in Black

Big Jack

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Thunderstruck

Black Ice

The Jack

Hell's Bells

Shoot to Thrill

War Machine

Anything Goes

You Shook Me All Night Long

TNT

Whole Lot of Rosie

Let There Be Rock

Highway to Hell

For Those About to Rock

We had some wierd characters sitting by us. Also, there were people outside the arena with signs telling everyone to repent and "the end is near". I guess they thought that it was the devil's music and they were trying to save souls. :lol:

Overall, a good concert.

We had some wierd characters sitting by us. Also, there were people outside the arena with signs telling everyone to repent and "the end is near". I guess they thought that it was the devil's music and they were trying to save souls. :lol:

Which is why the whole deal with Walmart still strikes me as strange, especially with how they sell censored records and have gone to such great lengths to cultivate a wholesome image. I guess it is true that "money talks and bullshit walks"...

I went to the AC/DC concert in Cincinnati last Sunday. It was a good concert, not the best that I have been to, but very good. AC/DC is not my favorite band (Led Zeppelin is :) ) but I do like their music and they do put on a good show.

The warm up band was The Answer and I really liked them. The singer reminded me of Robert Plant. His name is Cormac Neeson. The band is from Northern Ireland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBIxa5w0biQ...feature=related

Jimmy has mentioned that he also likes this band.

Angus was somewhat subdued, in my opinion. He did all of his signature moves, but maybe not as exuberantly as he did in his younger days. Brian Johnson's vocals were great. I don't know how his voice holds out night after night. :)

The set list was:

Rock and Roll Train

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Back in Black

Big Jack

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Thunderstruck

Black Ice

The Jack

Hell's Bells

Shoot to Thrill

War Machine

Anything Goes

You Shook Me All Night Long

TNT

Whole Lot of Rosie

Let There Be Rock

Highway to Hell

For Those About to Rock

Overall, a good concert.

Two of my friends (who are brothers) and their mom went to that concert as well. They said it was a great show and Brian was in good voice as well. B) Out of curiosity, could you describe to me the weird characters that were sitting by you? :D

ACDC79DALLAS-1.jpg

ACDCBRLA82-1.jpg

Here's a couple of really good ac dc shows .One with Bon Scott one with Brian Johnson AC DC Rocks.

My Favorite lp is Back in Black and my favorite song is You shook me all night long

after that Whole lotta Rosie .I just love that a guy as old as Angus can look decent wearing those shorts and he never slows down.

ysmanl wouldnt exist without zeppelins cover on the first album and neither would wlr .. based their title on wll.. they loved zeppelin and it just shows zeppelins great and broad influence