AC/DC

Xtazy

In Athens, Greece, on 28th of May, the Black Ice tour. I'll probably never forget that day.

I thought you may have seen them in Belgrade, Serbia, 26th of May because a lot of fans came from the countries around.

Can I ask you how was it? I missed the concert and that was just :slapface: :slapface:

Edited by _Lena_Zep

I thought you may have seen them in Belgrade, Serbia, 26th of May because a lot of fans came from the countries around.

Can I ask you how was it? I missed the concert and that was just :slapface: :slapface:

Well, you can't go wrong with AC/DC. As I expected, they've put on an amazing show. Unfortunately, I had to wait for them to get on stage for about 4 hours or so, but at least the opening band (The Answer) kicked ass. I was starting to get tired, and then suddenly the lights went out and that opening cartoon kicked in. And when those roaring chords from 'Rock n Roll Train' started to blast from the speakers, it was just magic. I don't get how these guys can still do this, they're really unstoppable. If you get to see an AC/DC show, that will be an experience you'll never forget. It's that energy and...all those things that I can't really name, but these guys really rock! :D

Well, you can't go wrong with AC/DC. As I expected, they've put on an amazing show. Unfortunately, I had to wait for them to get on stage for about 4 hours or so, but at least the opening band (The Answer) kicked ass. I was starting to get tired, and then suddenly the lights went out and that opening cartoon kicked in. And when those roaring chords from 'Rock n Roll Train' started to blast from the speakers, it was just magic. I don't get how these guys can still do this, they're really unstoppable. If you get to see an AC/DC show, that will be an experience you'll never forget. It's that energy and...all those things that I can't really name, but these guys really rock! :D

This is the 100000th time I heard AC/DC is amazing live. :D

I am sad because I missed the concert and that may have been my only chance to see them. I also heard there were a lot of pyrotechnic thingies.

I can only imagine how loud the concert was. I'm glad you had a chance to see those guys... They are old, but still Hard as a Rock. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw these guys for the first time on Aug 8 in Montreal, Canada. They were amazing. I am blown away by the fact that these 50-60 year old men can maintain such a high energy show for a couple of hours.

They had canons firing, giant blow up doll, fireworks, fire, smoke, and a whole lot more. Even if all the flashy stage props were taken away, the music alone was fantastic. I prefer Bon over Brian any day, but I have to give credit to Brian for handling the songs from the Bon Scott era. I have numerous live concerts with Brian, but to actually hear him sing live was amazing. I am actually planning to go again. I strongly recommend seeing them if you can.

• 1 month later...

AC/DC: 'Amplifier' Box Set On The Way?

ac-dc-st-louis-show-at-the-scottrade-center-1-13-09.2928429.36.jpg

According to U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine, there are unconfirmed reports that AC/DC will release a major box set later this year.

These reports suggest this will come in a box shaped as an amplifier — that actually works.

It will contain three CDs, two DVDs and a vinyl album. There will be a CD of studio rarities, two CDs featuring live rarities, a DVD disc of "Family Jewels Part 3" (1992-2009) and a DVD disc featuring a show from 2003 in Circus Krone, Germany. The vinyl album will have all the studio rarities.

In addition, there will be a 164-page book, plus loads of extras, such as three black-and-white lithographs of unpublished photos of the band in Albert Studio in 1977, a flyer for the 1976 "Lock Up Your Daughters" UK tour and a poster from the 1977 European "Let There Be Rock Tour".

SOURCE

Edited by Xtazy

AC/DC: 'Amplifier' Box Set On The Way?

ac-dc-st-louis-show-at-the-scottrade-center-1-13-09.2928429.36.jpg

According to U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine, there are unconfirmed reports that AC/DC will release a major box set later this year.

These reports suggest this will come in a box shaped as an amplifier — that actually works.

It will contain three CDs, two DVDs and a vinyl album. There will be a CD of studio rarities, two CDs featuring live rarities, a DVD disc of "Family Jewels Part 3" (1992-2009) and a DVD disc featuring a show from 2003 in Circus Krone, Germany. The vinyl album will have all the studio rarities.

In addition, there will be a 164-page book, plus loads of extras, such as three black-and-white lithographs of unpublished photos of the band in Albert Studio in 1977, a flyer for the 1976 "Lock Up Your Daughters" UK tour and a poster from the 1977 European "Let There Be Rock Tour".

SOURCE

That will cost a fortune... But I am the fool who would buy something like that. If it comes out.

:P

That will cost a fortune... But I am the fool who would buy something like that. If it comes out.

:P

Let's hope it does! It will be pretty expensive, but usually AC/DC-related stuff is worth the money. At least for real fans.

Edited by Xtazy

AC/DC Great band !.I was brought up with that sound and I'll always be a fan.The Bon Scott years were the best musically but,life goes on and BJ's voice has kept the band alive for most of the fans.Wolfmother will open for AC/DC early next year here in OZ but,Them Crooked Vultures are scheduled to appear early in the new year too :blink: .

AIN'T NO FUN (Waiting 'Round To Be A Millionaire) :D

(Young,young & Scott)

Edited by Ross62

AC/DC Postpone Six Tour Dates

PHP4939848DD95B6.jpg

AC/DC's Black Ice World Tour, which was set to hit Phoenix, AZ on October 1, will be postponed to a later date. Subsequent shows in Las Vegas, Louisville, Kansas City, Des Moines and Milwaukee will also be rescheduled. The tour will resume on October 16 in Washington, DC. Lead singer Brian Johnson recently underwent a medical procedure and at the advice of his doctor is taking some time to rest. The Black Ice World Tour, kicked off in October of 2008 and has crisscrossed North America and Europe twice. This November, the Black Ice World Tour will visit Latin America and by early 2010 the tour will hit Australia and New Zealand.

Edited by Xtazy

AC/DC Postpone Six Tour Dates

PHP4939848DD95B6.jpg

AC/DC's Black Ice World Tour, which was set to hit Phoenix, AZ on October 1, will be postponed to a later date. Subsequent shows in Las Vegas, Louisville, Kansas City, Des Moines and Milwaukee will also be rescheduled. The tour will resume on October 16 in Washington, DC. Lead singer Brian Johnson recently underwent a medical procedure and at the advice of his doctor is taking some time to rest. The Black Ice World Tour, kicked off in October of 2008 and has crisscrossed North America and Europe twice. This November, the Black Ice World Tour will visit Latin America and by early 2010 the tour will hit Australia and New Zealand.

The beginning of the end!

Many, many musicians have been sidelined over the years and have gone on to create tons of great music. How does Johnson undergoing a medical procedure and taking some time to rest constitute "the beginning of the end"?

Levon Helm comes to mind. Throat cancer in the late 1990's, beating it, singing once again at the Midnight Ramble in 2004, and releasing two great albums soon after.

Levon Helm comes to mind. Throat cancer in the late 1990's, beating it, singing once again at the Midnight Ramble in 2004, and releasing two great albums soon after.

All of R.E.M. but Peter Buck fell ill during the Monster tour in 1995 yet they successfully completed the tour. That's but one of many, many more examples that could be listed. Hell, just look at Lynyrd Skynyrd, they're down to only one original member yet they soldier on for better or for worse (judging from what I've heard of their new album I'm going with the latter).

• 2 months later...

AC/DC Austrian concert in doubt over rare bird risk

679808-ac-dc.jpg

AUSSIE rockers AC/DC could have to cancel a sold-out concert because their big sound poses a danger to rare birds.

Animal rights campaigners are threatening legal action if the veteran band goes ahead with a gig planned for Wels airport in Austria in May.

Hans Uhl of BirdLife said birds nesting in the area at the time would be threatened by anthems such as Highway To Hell and You Shook Me All Night Long.

"The second biggest colony of curlews in Upper Austria and various other ground-nesting birds must not become endangered," Mr Uhl said.

Source

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...