• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh MY GOD!

I wish I had a bum that looked like that! ROFL

BTW--my mom and dad definately spanked us. I remember my mom breaking more than one wooden spoon on my ass, LOL. I'm sure I deserved it. I also remember one time when I decided I was going to tell my teacher that my mom spanked me becuase I said something REALLY disrespectful to her, and she was like, "I didn't leave a mark. Go ahead, tell your teacher. Then you're going to end up in a foster home where they treat you worse than this.: :blink:

In retrospect, my parents didn't beat us, they merely "spanked" us. I'm a better person because of it, I'm serious.

Edited by manderlyh

I call that the teacher look.

It works almost every time!

I almost never have to say anything, and the kids stop in their tracks. If thatdoesn't work, I will say something like, "what are you doing," then since they know better, and they know they're being stupid, it usually stops with an expression of embarrassment.

It doesn't work with boyfriends though. At least not mine.

Edited by manderlyh

Oh God I hate this debate.

I actually know a mother and father who won't punish their children AT ALL. They say negative consequences are bad for a child, so they stick with positive consequences.

Of couse, as a result, their two children are home-schooled because no school (private or public) will put up with them, and the oldest (13, now) is slated for Juvy. 'Course, the parents still won't discipline them.

YES, you should spank your damn kids. If they don't listen to you. My parents used a 3-strikes and your out deal. 1st strike was a warning, 2nd strike was a time-out, and 3rd strike we were punished for about a we(a)(e)k (<- I hate this fucking word...). If after that we still weren't listening (which was the case for me), Dad would spank us. And sometimes that sting would last a day or more...

But we learned our lesson and both my brother and I are better kids for it.

I also know a guy who hates his parents. They let him do anything he wanted. He did get punished, but rarely, and they never raised a hand to him. Right now he lives alone in Section 8 housing, and the one thing he always says when someone asks him why is "I'd be a better kid if my parents just beat me every once in a while."

Why does he say that? Because he knows he was a fucked up kid and because of that his life is in shambles. If his parents had just taken to time to actually FORCE him to learn right and wrong, he'd probably would have graduated college and have a good career now. Instead he's only now fixing his life at 30 years old with no money.

In this world of Political Correct bullshit and coddling, we've forgotten how to teach, how to learn, and how to live. PC is absolute bullshit, and so is this idea that you have to coddle your kid instead of teaching him.

Carlos Mencia tells a story of something his Dad did to him. It's not really a punishment, but it's a way of proving my point. As a kid he always wanted to know what hot was. He was always trying to touch the stove when it was on. So, after his parents constantly told him not to, his dad finally said "go ahead and touch it." So Carlos did... and you can bet he never touched the stove or any other hot thing again.

It taught him, and you know what, Carlos wasn't any worse for it.

You see, kids don't learn by words. They learn by experience and conditioning. If you want your kid not to touch the stove when it's on... let him touch the stove. If you don't want him to cross the street without you and without you, spank him when you catch him. Why? Well, here's a good reason:

In his stand-up show called "Himself," Bill Cosby talks about kids having "brain damage." No matter how many time you tell these little children not to do something, they'll still do it.

But what Bill doesn't tell you is that if you spank them for doing it, you can bet they'll never do it again.

On the other hand, however, some parents use it too liberally and it can border on abuse. There are little things you shouldn't spank for: he takes your drink after you've asked him not to... he goes for a cookie he shouldn't go for... he cries in public... he asks a question that seems innocent to him but is horribly embarassing to you... these kinds of this, what I call "minor infractions" are not spank-worthy.

But there are things that are spank-worthy. It's called negative reinforcement, and when used in balance with positive reinforcement, it does work.

But childs play compared to what the old nuns used to do to us. I went to Catholic schools where they were allowed to hit you and sometimes I think parents gave them the green light.

I can confirm from personal experience that this is true! There is also no doubt that the parents gave a green light. In the catholic grade school I was forced to attend, the nuns (if you "acted out") would grab your hair from the top of your head and SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL! Actually, they would jerk your head back and forth for around 30-60 seconds, using your hair as a handle. When they were done with you, they would take the handful of hair from your head and release it in front of your face so you could watch it drift to the ground...they were bullies and I think they enjoyed their illusion of 'power'.

A world with kids who are treated with nothing but postive enforcement is a world where the kid can't function in the real world.

There are other ways of punishing a child besides spanking, but I definitely think that there are times when nothing but spanking will do the trick. But it shouldn't be the ONLY form of punishment, like Nathan said.

My father had the look also, but he always told us he had 6 kids (i only have 4 brothers and sisters from him) and the last one was put down after disobeying him. That worked with all of us until 16 years old when my mother finally told us he was lying. He also used the Bill Cosby routine of "I brought you into this world, ill take you out."

There are other ways of punishing a child besides spanking, but I definitely think that there are times when nothing but spanking will do the trick. But it shouldn't be the ONLY form of punishment, like Nathan said.

I agree that it shouldn't be the only form of disipline. I became a father late in life, so to speak, with three young children 7, 5 and 2. I never wanted to 'discipline' my children like my father did to me and my siblings.

In some ways I appreciate what he did for me, but in other ways I completly resent what he did. Maybe it was the over-the top violence of the whole thing. I would always hear the "I'm doing this for your own good!" or "This is gonna hurt me more than it's gonna hurt you..." i dont know. I do know that it made me hate my father, at the time, and created resentments that have lasted a lifetime. I certainly didn't have it that bad, but the belt got old real fast, especially when it had a buckle on the end of it. The welts were very painful...when I would take a shower, the pain would come screaming back...I swore I would never do this to my children.

I find it increasingly difficult not to spank them. I suppose the best argument for spanking is not spanking!

You may find that your children dont listen to you or your requests even with the threat of spanking!

Oh the IRONY of it all! Especially the "Just wait'll YOU have kids..."

would you still spank your kids?

it depends on the kid. some kids aren't as hard headed and stubborn. time outs and verbal correction will do. other kids can become monstrous quickly. it's your responsibility as a parent to do what you must to insure their behaviour is modified into a acceptable range.

if you don't the world and society will chew them up and spit them out worse than any

punishment you could inflict upon them. i can't stand stand parents who are afraid to look like "the bad guy" to their kids. i actually heard someone say "i would never yell or spank my kid, he might not like me". .. great we have to put up with the monster you're creating .. that person should be sterilized

going back to the idea that spankings cause people to grow up and be delinquents and weirdos...

did the researchers stop and ask themselves if these people were already predispositioned to it?

maybe that's why they had more spankings?

Edited by zero

I remember that threats used to make me turn it into a game, like "let's see what you've got, mom/dad...."

I was a bit of a feisty child---always argumentative.

So....do you guys believe that?

^ I used to do that! It wasn't A fun game though

And the kids didnt turn out as "weirdos" but research found that they preferred spanking in bed, and unsafe and aggressive sexual "practices". I'm not saying it is wrong to want to be spanked in the sac, but it is odd that what is often used as a form of punishment can lead to an eventual turn on! (not true for all cases of course)

Edited by MrsRobertPlant
A world with kids who are treated with nothing but postive enforcement is a world where the kid can't function in the real world.

:notworthy:

And Nathan... :notworthy: X10.

Our society is turning to shit because of all this touchy-feely, PC bullshit. :angry:

Thanks for worshipping me, Rock Action, :lol:

Spanking is a turn on because your parents hit you?

Wow. Wonder what Freud would say about that...

Oedipus, anyone?

Freud probably wouldn't see it as too unusual...that perv, and that's exactly the part I dont get..if I were spanked (continuously) as a form of punishment, I'd think I'd be conditioned to absolutely hate it.

Edited by MrsRobertPlant
I'm not down with spanking. There are better ways to deal with the situation.

Treat your kid like an adult, and it'll act like one, or at least act more like one.

I have one kid whom I have spanked once. She's 15 and a good student, daughter, and friend to many. I'm glad I never spanked her more than once.

Now, as for the sex spanking- it would be fine if men didn't go crazy with it. We have to be able to sit down the next day, for christ's sake.

I have one kid whom I have spanked once. She's 15 and a good student, daughter, and friend to many. I'm glad I never spanked her more than once.

Now, as for the sex spanking- it would be fine if men didn't go crazy with it. We have to be able to sit down the next day, for christ's sake.

LOL.

Have you had a sore ass lately, Suz?

:lol:

But there have definately been other times when I didn't get spanked and I can't sit down...LOL.

Hotplant--I think that running in the street is a warrant for a spanking if your children are very small. IMO, spanking is mainly for small children when they do something that will really, really harm them.

Edited by manderlyh