Spanking

MrsRobertPlant

Funny thing, but we were shopping at the store today and I saw a boy around 9 years old squirting a pump spray bottle of glass cleaner that he had opened on the sales shelf like it was a squirt gun. All while the boy's father kept saying, "Stop!" "Don't do that!" "Stop doing that!" "Close that bottle and stop that!" Dad must have repeated his command five times while the boy just kept right on doing it and looking over his shoulder at his father. The father didn't even get up into the boys space as if to exert any kind of presence that would lead the boy to think he was going to have to stop what he was doing. I'll bet anything that was one of the parents "who doesn't spank their kids".

Guess what, he's not your kid. This is a situation where I would keep my hands to myself and mind my own business. That is, ignore it, finish my shopping and go on my way. And seriously consider locking this thread.

There is a lot wrong with what you just wrote. angry.gif

I don't let such silly spats get to me but this one is just too much.

Strider never pretends to be kind because he just IS kind and respectful.

He was expressing his point of view. He wasn't arguing with anyone here or trying to aggravate, including you.

He does not need to impress you or anyone else here.

You must not have a fear of heights since you have been sitting on such a high horse today.

Wow, thanks for those kind words of support, MissMelanie. I hope I can live up to them. Truth be told, I'm sure I've flown off the handle a few times here.

I seem to recall, one time in 2008, when the election campaign that year had me at wit's end, I wrote a nasty rant about the South. It was rash and in poor taste...and one of the Belles here...either LakeofShadows, Electrophile or Aquamarine...set me straight.

Back to spanking. I think it needs to be made clear to some, that there is a difference between 5 quick whacks on the bum with your hand and being beaten with a whip, tire iron, belt buckle, etc. Nobody here is advocating the kind of severe beating that was mentioned in the news article. There is a difference between a disciplinary spanking and child abuse.

I saw a GREAT DOCUMENTARY tonight about this kind of horse-whisperer dude named Buck Brannaman. The film is aptly titled, "Buck", and it is a MUST-SEE! Especially if you love horses.

In the movie was this great line that stuck with me and I felt was apropos to this thread: "Discipline and encourage, not discipline and discourage."

Good night. :zzz:

I seem to recall, one time in 2008, when the election campaign that year had me at wit's end, I wrote a nasty rant about the South.

Maybe it's in poor taste and a little off-topic, but my boyfriend wound up with a nasty case of gonorrhea when he visited the South one summer. Not very tasteful or respectful of the Southern belles to spread that around. Fortunately he found a clinic in the West that could handle that problem.

Point of order, there's a big difference between getting a spanking and taking a beating. I should know as I've had both and the beating didn't come from my parents .

Of course not as you had already placed the blame squarely on others (Southern Belles).

I guess they didn't have much medical care in the South in those days. And he was irresistable, so I can't blame them for that. But it was sad about the poor state of public health in the South at the time. Maybe if he had stayed away from rock and roll shows it might have helped.

Worst beating I ever had involved my head being used to dent the rear quarter panel of my own car. (Also the worst I ever lost a fist fight too BTW)

The worst spanking I ever got was when I was about 11 years old, and was because I thought it would be funny to throw a golfball at the windshield of a moving car.

My father "corrected" my dangerous behavior and I thank him everyday of my life for helping me to be a better person.:)

My point exactly Brad. Clearly you know the difference between a fist raised in anger and one raised in....oh shit...anger :lol:

Maybe it's in poor taste and a little off-topic, but my boyfriend wound up with a nasty case of gonorrhea when he visited the South one summer. Not very tasteful or respectful of the Southern belles to spread that around. Fortunately he found a clinic in the West that could handle that problem.

I thought this thread was about slapping, not clapping!? :rolleyes:

Why did your "boyfriend" stray in the first place?

BTT.

I was caned at school and while I don't necessarily agree with corporal punishment per se, it did me no harm.

The thing was no matter what, you didn't cry.

Try that when some big 6' monster with a 1/2" diameter rataan cane is whacking you on the palm of your hand and fingers 6 times and "tips" didn't count!

As for chastising your children, there's a big difference between punishment via a smack to blatant child abuse.

Spare the rod and spoil the child?

Perhaps.

I thought this thread was about slapping, not clapping!?

Why did your "boyfriend" stray in the first place?

The topic had veered onto the topic of Southern belles and that reminded me of that summer when they just couldn't resist him. Rock and roll had beckoned him along the concert trail, and he rarely slept alone. I was underage at the time and he was a hottie. What happened in the South was sad, but there wasn't much that I could do. Yes, he could have stayed away from them, and perhaps he should have, but he was a young man and they were ready and willing. Sorry about that. But I did not need to spank him.

To everyone else, I apologize for taking this off topic, but this comment by you Silver Rider is beyond insulting to women who live in the south. How dare you blame your situation on the women who as you say are "Southern belles". It is rude and uncalled for and quite frankly STUPID!!! You have been asked, not told to stay out of this thread if this topic of how parents raising their children, or peoples views are different than yours.

There are a lot of us women on this forum from the south and most of them are great ladies IMHO. How vile are you to state this about us.

The topic had veered onto the topic of Southern belles and that reminded me of that summer when they just couldn't resist him. Rock and roll had beckoned him along the concert trail, and he rarely slept alone. I was underage at the time and he was a hottie. What happened in the South was sad, but there wasn't much that I could do. Yes, he could have stayed away from them, and perhaps he should have, but he was a young man and they were ready and willing. Sorry about that. But I did not need to spank him.

Was his band any good?

The topic had veered onto the topic of Southern belles

Where?

And I thought you were a christian too?

One has to question what you were doing wrong for him to veer so far off-course with all those Southern Belles. Only poorly-serviced men would be tempted by such cheap sleazery. I mean, if I were in a touring band whilst in a mutually serious relationship, I wouldn't succumb. I might prick-tease them, or get them to strip and maybe crack one off...but that's as far as it would go. I'd say it was all your fault.

Back on topic: I don't think my parents ever hit me, but if they did, I probably deserved it. As for corporal punishment at school, it is a tragedy that this has been outlawed. Spare the rod and spoil the child, as someone said earlier.

Anyway, at my school, it was a badge of honour to have had 'the cane'. Sadly, much as I tried, I only got it once, and not until I was 18. It was a fucking awesome experience - you walked into the headmaster's room, to be confronted by a tiger skin on the floor, complete with head and fangs. And when the time came to deliver the bitter-sweet blows, the headmaster made sure you were looking straight into the tiger's eyes...

I entered that room a boy, and came out a MAN.

Where?

And I thought you were a christian too?

One has to question what you were doing wrong for him to veer so far off-course with all those Southern Belles. Only poorly-serviced men would be tempted by such cheap sleazery. I mean, if I were in a touring band whilst in a mutually serious relationship, I wouldn't succumb. I might prick-tease them, or get them to strip and maybe crack one off...but that's as far as it would go. I'd say it was all your fault.

Back on topic: I don't think my parents ever hit me, but if they did, I probably deserved it. As for corporal punishment at school, it is a tragedy that this has been outlawed. Spare the rod and spoil the child, as someone said earlier.

Anyway, at my school, it was a badge of honour to have had 'the cane'. Sadly, much as I tried, I only got it once, and not until I was 18. It was a fucking awesome experience - you walked into the headmaster's room, to be confronted by a tiger skin on the floor, complete with head and fangs. And when the time came to deliver the bitter-sweet blows, the headmaster made sure you were looking straight into the tiger's eyes...

I entered that room a boy, and came out a MAN.

What a great story..:lol::lol:

She was under age, so was doing nothing wrong :rolleyes:

Any way who really wants to hear all this crap...

Yes some times children do need a smack. I smacked my eldest son once on the bum with a slipper, he said it hurt really bad, never had to use it again or any other form of physical abuse.

Trouble is I still feel Guilty to this day, as he still brings it up from time to time...:(

Hi All,

On a recent trip to Asda's i asked a store manager if he had any "Wife Tamers", well he showed me a really interesting assortment of items, i asked if they would work on kids and he said they would, so i brought a dozen, all very flexible and multi tasking so a real bargain hey? :o;):lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi All,

On a recent trip to Asda's i asked a store manager if he had any "Wife Tamers", well he showed me a really interesting assortment of items, i asked if they would work on kids and he said they would, so i brought a dozen, all very flexible and multi tasking so a real bargain hey? :o;):lol:

Regards, Danny

That's you sorted for The Den next season, then :lol:

That's you sorted for The Den next season, then :lol:

Hi Bouillon,

One of my best friends is a Millwall fan, "Steve the Bermondsey Slasher" or so he would have you believe, so i wont be taking sides as i dont fancy any tram lines on my boat. :o;):lol:

Regards, Danny

Very simply because they were ladies in Florida. It's a fact of history over which I had no control. Maybe the South should have had better control over public health. Perhaps they were too busy whipping their children to bother with the public health. That was vile, but that's how the South was then. But my best friend was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and I could never disrespect her. She is a true Southern belle, educated in Alabama. I learned about the South from her.

Archived