Any hair experts?

phr0z3n

chriscornell.jpg

Anyone know how Chris did that? It looks like to me he had his hair cut in a bunch of different lengths, and made it uh.. big.

Well because it's a black and white photo, it's difficult to tell if he's had foils done on the tips, but it looks like he has, but I'd say he has a layer cut (in various lengths) with product in his hair giving it both the body, height and spiked points.

It's a razor cut, I have the same thing.  The stylist scissor cuts my hair to the overall length I want it, and then uses a razor on the ends in random places. It creates the different lengths, and makes your hair bush out. Gel helps control how you want it to lie.

To me, that looks way too natural looking for gel.

Oh no deary, it's definately product....But not a lot of product, just a touch of it

The only way his hair could naturally look like that is if he had very very thick hair that has been razor-cut, but then it would be more fluffy or frizzy than how he has it, so I'd say it has to be product, probably a fudge or a wax

It's a razor cut, I have the same thing. The stylist scissor cuts my hair to the overall length I want it, and then uses a razor on the ends in random places. It creates the different lengths, and makes your hair bush out. Gel helps control how you want it to lie.

Yeah, I'd agree with that, a layer cut finished with a razor, then product to set it in style.

It's an easy haircut to get, but it's (like all friggin hairdos) difficult to style

Oh, my hair is EXTREMELY thick. It has a lot of body to it. Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the help. I am trying to get a new hairdo, because right now I have medium-long hair and my hair has so much body to it that it looks bad.. its at that "awkward" phase.

Yeah, I have the same problem. My hair isn't short but it isn't long either, and it is SO thick that I can barely do anything with it.

But you know I see kids walking about town with the most amazing haircuts and I think "who the hell cut their hair?? I want that hairdresser" because whenever I go to the hairdresser I get depressed because I think it looks like shit. Actually I did used to go to a really good expensive hairdresser but I got too self-conscious to keep going because you'd always be sitting next to Magazine Models or TV people or music industry luminaries.

So I chickened out then let my hair grow really really long. But it's very thick hair and washing it was always a pain in the arse. The drain in the shower would stop working because of the amount of hair blocking it. And living in Brisbane, it's too hot to have long hair. Or to wear it out at least. So now I'm short again, very blonde with a long fringe.

...The only way his hair could naturally look like that is if he had very very thick hair that has been razor-cut, but then it would be more fluffy or frizzy than how he has it, so I'd say it has to be product, probably a fudge or a wax

I agree to this.. I believe it's a wax he's been using :)

wax?! Doesn't that stuff murder your hair? I've actually put beeswax in my hair once, what I liked about it was that even after I took a shower it stayed in my hair, so that if it sees water, it just doesn't damp down. If I'm going to need product in my hair, I don't want it to run away by the sight of water.

When men are so concerned about their hair, as in design it makes me think of this "metrosexual" movement. Just don't start wearing too much cologne and trimming your eyebrows, that'll seal it.

From my vantage point, as someone who is fighting to keep every remaining hair, I say enjoy it while you've got it.

Chris Cornell is one of my favorite all time musicians, but it is clear, even thugh nobody has really pointed it out, that he has been thinning for a long time and has had hair transplants. His recent hair styles have been obviously to cover this up.

wax?! Doesn't that stuff murder your hair? I've actually put beeswax in my hair once, what I liked about it was that even after I took a shower it stayed in my hair, so that if it sees water, it just doesn't damp down. If I'm going to need product in my hair, I don't want it to run away by the sight of water.

Believe it or not, that look is achieved with little product. Pomades and waxes tend to make big sections of hair clump together like a dred.  I apply gel only when my hair is dry, and keep encouraging it to be a mess until the gel is completely absorbed.

Streaking the hair (highlights) is one of the most popular things to do with razor cuts....IMO that's what kills the hair.

Chris Cornell is one of my favorite all time musicians, but it is clear, even thugh nobody has really pointed it out, that he has been thinning for a long time and has had hair transplants. His recent hair styles have been obviously to cover this up.

those pics are from early Audioslave era.

Believe it or not, that look is achieved with little product. Pomades and waxes tend to make big sections of hair clump together like a dred. I apply gel only when my hair is dry, and keep encouraging it to be a mess until the gel is completely absorbed.

Streaking the hair (highlights) is one of the most popular things to do with razor cuts....IMO that's what kills the hair.

When it is dry? I thought you hair had to be damp.

Archived