WATCHES

ledsabbath

Anyway, a while ago he did actually hit the jackpot and got me a watch I liked. It was like, a big round face with a thick white [faux] leather strap. It was actually really nice. I started wearing it all the time but before long, bits of it started breaking and not long ago the battery (I assumed) went, so dad put a new one in, and that went in about a day.

My conclusion is that the watch is fucked.

:lol: Ha ha ha. Is that your professional opinion? What a crackup!! You'd make a great doctor.

"I have the results of your checkup. Your heart is fucked and your liver is crap. Oh well, eat shit and die, eh?"

I notice there seems to be a few of you with problems of watches not working, and bits falling off. I find that odd as I've never had a watch fail on me ever.

And as someone else said, there's nothing like the sound and movement of a mechanical watch. Particularly if you have one, as many of them do these days, with a glass back so that you can see all the wonderful intricate movements. Like this:

Mido-MF-10.jpg

Those old watches are pretty sweet, my parents have about five different ones from their grandparents and great grandparents. Only one of them works and it ticks so loud you can hear is across the front room from the book shelf where my dad has it.

| bought the exact same watch for my daughter on her birthday last year, and she loves it too!

Now I want one of those, too, heh! Seriously, that is a super-cool watch.

Mine's just sort of your standard silver metal link wristband and outside part with a blue face. It has the silly diving timer thingy on it, which I totally never use because, what a surprise, I don't scuba dive! It's Roxy, though, so ostensibly they're selling them to people who do water sports (but surfers don't exactly need these, either). Mostly it's just posers like me who haven't even been on a boogie board in years, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Who needs a watch when all your friends have them?! Yes, I'm an annoying friend. Every lunch period in high school I had a friend I would ask for the time right before the bell rang. Seriously, every day. After a while, as I walked past, I would just point and she'd give me the time.

Talk about trying everything to avoid an awkward tanline on your wrist. :P

I don't like wearing them, but I need one. I like Fossil watches. The clocks in my school are all different so the time doesn't match on any of them and my cell phone's volume button is on the outside and changes when you tap it so I have to turn it off or it changes when it gets hit by something in my purse.

This is the Gods honest truth, whenever I wear a watch it stops working within a month. Have tried all types.

I have that problem ALL the time, sometimes they quit working before I even have the chance to wear them. I've asked jewelers why this happens and none has given an answer. I've wondered if it's because I have too many in a small area and they're counteracting one another (but they're close by in stores) or if it's because they're hanging upright (again, you see them displayed that way in stores).

Anyway, I love watches and have a collection of 70-80 but only a few are running at any given time. Most of those are Swatches, the Skins collection being my favorites.

The best watch I own is a gold Patek Phillipe, a wedding present from my husband. He bought it in the 70s at a little over $2,000 and it was appraised a few years ago for $25,000! Quite a good investment, no? Of course I keep that one in a safe deposit box.

If anyone has other theories why the batteries die so quickly, please post.

I can't wear watches either. There's got to be a logical explanation. I do seem to generate a lot of static electricity, so I wonder if maybe I am somehow "zapping" them or something.....

I have that problem ALL the time, sometimes they quit working before I even have the chance to wear them. I've asked jewelers why this happens and none has given an answer. I've wondered if it's because I have too many in a small area and they're counteracting one another (but they're close by in stores) or if it's because they're hanging upright (again, you see them displayed that way in stores).

Anyway, I love watches and have a collection of 70-80 but only a few are running at any given time. Most of those are Swatches, the Skins collection being my favorites.

The best watch I own is a gold Patek Phillipe, a wedding present from my husband. He bought it in the 70s at a little over $2,000 and it was appraised a few years ago for $25,000! Quite a good investment, no? Of course I keep that one in a safe deposit box.

If anyone has other theories why the batteries die so quickly, please post.

Do you work around any magnets?

zepbaby

Archived