Plant's Led Zep Book in Auction

Alessandra

Plant's Led Zep book in Auction

Robert Plant with the signed concert programme donated to Aberystwyth

Legendary rockers Led Zeppelin have donated a signed souvenir programme from their reunion gig last December to a football club to help raise funds.

It was sent to Aberystwyth Town by singer Robert Plant, and there are plans to auction it later this year.

Tony Bates, chairman of the Welsh Premier League club, said he had known Plant for years and asked him for his help.

The programme comes with a picture of Plant and a letter of authenticity.

The club auction is planned for later this year and will also include football memorabilia.

Mr Bates said: "I have known Robert Plant for some time and prior to the recent massively successful concert at the O2 stadium, I asked him to obtain for me a programme signed by himself, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones which the football club would be able to auction in aid of club funds.

"Robert is a very keen football supporter and he was happy to oblige."

Mr Bates, a solicitor in Aberystwyth, added the souvenir came with a letter of authenticity from Plant.

Aberystwyth Town and its team of semi-professionals plays in the Welsh Premier League.

Led Zeppelin played their first concert in 19 years before nearly 20,000 fans at London's 02 arena last December.

Original band members Page, Plant and Jones were joined on stage by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham.

More than one million people had taken part in a ballot for the 9,000 pairs of tickets available for the show.

Led Zeppelin wrote their third album at a remote cottage in Gwynedd's Dyfi Valley in 1970, naming one of the tracks Bron-yr-Aur after it.

If this was posted already, my apologies... :rolleyes:

Archived