Robert Plant and Ian Anderson = no friends!

claudia

As for Robert being a flutist the Lyrics from" stairway" come to mind :the piper is calling you to join him (?) :whistling:

Oh no, not that old chestnut again. Anything in STH is open to interpretation and I've

always interpreted that line as a tip 'o the cap to Pan or less likely, the Pied Piper.

Besides, Robert normally uses his cellphone.

Oh no, not that old chestnut again. Anything in STH is open to interpretation and I've

always interpreted that line as a tip 'o the cap to Pan or less likely, the Pied Piper.

Besides, Robert normally uses his cellphone.

Cell phones weren`t in use when he wrote the song in 1970, had they been he could have gotten the lyrics for the song STH that way perhaps ,rather then the aethers ? He did say to Tbone in his recent Charley Rose interview He would like to have a fortune Teller for a girl friend ,he thought that would be cool, maybe that had something to do with why he selected it for Raising Sand ?

I played the flute when I was growing up, not to bad either. Ian was my mentor at that time. I wanted to mimic Jimmy, but for the life of me I just couldn't seem to get the guitar. Ian is nice people, at least what I have heard. Still love Jimmy more than anyone else!!

Archived