The Doors Thread

eagle87

Well, I couldn't find any one, so this is first (I think).

Wellcome to:

The_Doors_-_Morrison_Hotel_-_front.jpg

What is your favourite CD and song?

Me: Roadhouse Blues - Song

CD: Morrison Hotel

I know The Doors since 2006, when the brother of the girlfriend of my brother (I cant remeber the word in english for all that), said to me: Listen Break on Through.

Go Jim

I've listened this group for 5 years.

Uncle of my friend talled me about it.

He gave me to listen "Light my fire". I've thought "here it is".

My favorute albums are the first and "Morrison hotel".

Songs i kike more then other are:

The spy, Roadhouse blues and ljght my fire.

Also i was impressed by film "The Doors".

I can't really say I like The Doors, I like one or two songs, even though all my boyfriends ( not that i have that many, but you know my ex too) really love them and wear t shirts with Morrison's face and everything.

I think that if Jim wasn't so good looking the doors wouldn't have recieved so much attention and wouldn't be considered siuch rock and roll legends.

I agree with Lester Bangs: "The Doors? Jim Morrison? He's a drunken buffoon posing as a poet. Give me the guess who. They got the courage to be drunken buffoons, which makes them poetic."

My fave song by the Doors is Alabama Song

Some of my favorites are

Spanish Caravan

Peace Frog

Been Down so Goddamn Long

Riders on the Storm

I'd have to say my favorite cd is

LA Woman

then

Waiting for the Sun

I like the live releases their Bootleg label is releasing too.

Are you a tortured soul?

Not at all. Just showing eagle87 that it's not alll that hard to find threads for previously existing topics. It's more than obvious that he's not even making the effort. On some boards I frequent they would have already kicked his ass off by now for starting so many duplicate threads.

Cadillac orginally intended to use The Doors music for a 'Break On Through' advertising campaign. They couldn't come to terms with the surviving Doors so they made a deal

with the surviving Zep's to use 'Rock And Roll' and retitled the campaign Break Through.

My favorite Door's album is "The Soft Parade" and favorite song is "Wishful Sinful"

I love that tune!!!

It’s very rare I see others that mention that song as there favourite. Another great song from that album is the opener called Tell all the people. The Soft Parade album is very underrated.

One of my top 5 favorite bands. I have all the albums, tons of buttons, t shirts,books,DVDs,bootlegs. I have been listening to them for five years now and my favorite Doors song is gotta be The End.

The Doors is my number two band, I also have all the vinyls, cd's, videos, lot's of bootlegs and books etc etc. I have listened and collected them apprx. 28 years. I even went to see 21st Century Doors to Wembley Arena 2003, with Ian Astbury singing.

My favourite songs are Roadhouse Blues, Waiting for the sun, Maggie M'Gill, Wishful Sinful, and couple of songs that do not appear on official records: Whiskey,mystics & men, I will never be untrue and Orange County Suite. Live in New York 1970 is also a great bootleg, there's wonderful version of Money.

Not at all. Just showing eagle87 that it's not alll that hard to find threads for previously existing topics. It's more than obvious that he's not even making the effort. On some boards I frequent they would have already kicked his ass off by now for starting so many duplicate threads.

Hey, ok stop there men. Easy, because "I" couldn't find one.

I look by the name The Doors, Doors, etc..

Just trying to get better.

But you allways have a problem with me men.

No more Threads from me. If you want that....

Hey, ok stop there men. Easy, because "I" couldn't find one.

I look by the name The Doors, Doors, etc..

Just trying to get better.

But you allways have a problem with me men.

No more Threads from me. If you want that....

I used the Search option to look under "Other Bands / Music", entered "Doors" as the keyword and found the original thread right away. It's really not that difficult.

If it makes it easier to remember the 10 Commandments of music forums, just try to picture Johnny Cash coming down from the mountain with stone tablets that read:

1. Thou shalt not create duplicate posts.

2. Thou shalt not quote the post above thee.

3. Thou shalt not decree any band thine greatest.

etc....

Hope that helped!

Edited by jimmie ray

If it makes it easier to remember the 10 Commandments of music forums, just try to picture Johnny Cash coming down from the mountain with stone tablets that read:

1. Though shalt not create duplicate posts.

When everyone here signed up for this site they agreed to abide by the forum guidelines, the No. 1 of which just so happens to read:

Please SEARCH the board before posting and use existing thread for similar topics.

By the way, I'm not the only one to have pointed this out. Several of us have. If new members don't know how to use the Search function that's what the Help section is for. Myself and other members have also offered to help.

2. Though shalt not quote the post above thee.

I don't have a problem with folks quoting previous posts but why the entire post? If there's something to be addressed within a post, just quote the appropriate passage not the entire thing.

3. Though shalt not decree any band thine greatest.

Another misunderstanding. If someone thinks so and so artist is the "greatest", I have no problem with that. It's when it's stated as an unshakable fact that a certain artist is the greatest and there can be no other that bothers me. I stated time and time again in that particular thread that such things are only a matter of opinion, not fact. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

I agree that these things are annoying, in a minor way - especially the long, repeated quotes. And it almost seems some are doing it on purpose, as I've seen it continued in the same threads you just gave advice in. Heck, I couldn't even resist a poke just now. But it's also not good etiquette to threaten throwing someone off the forum for?

I agree that these things are annoying, in a minor way - especially the long, repeated quotes. And it almost seems some are doing it on purpose, as I've seen it continued in the same threads you just gave advice in. Heck, I couldn't even resist a poke just now. But it's also not good etiquette to threaten throwing someone off the forum for?

Who has threatened to throw someone off the forum? Perhaps I've misunderstood but it's certainly not me. And for the record, I'm honestly not trying to be picky with these suggestions, I've made them as kindly as I know how yet they're constantly misinterprated. I'm merely asking that folks extend what is normally considered a common courtesy towards fellow posters; nothing more, nothing less.

Folks , did you know that Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger are still playing ?

I saw them 4 times with 'Riders On the Storm' their band with Ian Astbury on vocals.I have seen many great bands the last 20 years (Floyd , Zep,Dylan, Clapton , Zappa....) but the shows from 'Riders...' where the best : Fantastic to hear all these Doorssongs live , and Astbury was excellent!

i even have bootlegs from some of these shows.Don't miss them!See here :

http://www.raymanzarek.us/index.html

Ciao

George