The Doors Thread

eagle87

I see VH1 classic is having a "Day Of The Doors" today! Right now watching "Soundstage Performances": "When The Music's Over".....we want the world and we want it now! How prophetic is that 40+ years later, with modern day society!

:peace:

• 2 months later...

Just watched a documentary on the making of LA Woman. on BBC4...interesting stuff

They made two albums without Jim Morrison and American Prayer to his poetry after he died which appear to written out of history

Wish I'd seen the tour with The Cult Ian Astbury on vocals

• 2 months later...

I see VH1 classic is having a "Day Of The Doors" today! Right now watching "Soundstage Performances": "When The Music's Over".....we want the world and we want it now! How prophetic is that 40+ years later, with modern day society!

:peace:

That was such a cool gesture for Jim's birthday - you don't often see that sort of thing anymore {at least I don't].

Still kinda reeling from the Ray news. :(

Just finished watching Mr. Mojo Risen: The LA Woman story on the Smithsonian channel, fantastic video! That has always been my favorite Doors' album. In light of Ray's passing this week, it's so great to here him speak so passionately about their music and Jim in general. It ends with Ray saying that the Egyptians professed if you say someone's name out loud, they are in fact living - to which Ray then said "Jim Morrison". Tonight I'm saying "Ray Manzarek" out loud.

RIP Ray Manzarek

• 2 months later...

„The Stones were dirty, but The Doors were dread!“. Gene Youngblood/ LOS ANGELES FREE PRESS

Besides Zep-matters my favorite band! What a bunch of incredible albums, musically rich and lyrically brillant.

Collecting their live-recordings one will discover what an exciting live act they were.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

well I`m a fan of the doors, there music is IMO some of the great blues, rock `n` roll music. which album/song well there are very few which I`d have in my personnel play lists,

songs: when the music over

riders of the storm

the end

roadhouse blues

peace frog

waiting for the sun

album:

the doors

la woman

strange days

these are personnel fav`s ...

• 5 months later...

I just got this Doors show.

THE DOORS

live at Danbury High School, October 1967

Danbury Connecticut

A high school booked a show with Jim Morrison? Like in their gym, with cheerleaders and all?! :lol:

This goes into the 'What Were They Thinkin?' category. :slapface:

Panther, that was very early in the Doors career. I'm sure the high school administrators had no idea of The Doors' dangerous reputation. :) Have you listened to the show? How was it?