Are Page and Plant members of this Forum?

Wolfgang

They probably laugh about us now and make jokes in private messages :D

But I bet they are here... Robert's much to curious, Jimmy is an organised guy so he's going to check this out, he's probably to curious aswell... I can imagine Robert sitting in front of the computer, grinning about all the people who write about him :D

Well the most unlikely things get revealed over time. For example, it has turned out that Prince, who you'd think would be busy shagging or recording or bible-reading, has actually become something of a serious board lurker in the past decade, leading to him knowing exactly who's doing the bootlegging and taking appropriate action.

Now if you can have Prince doing it, and somebody like Edge of U2 who, at a number of points, has actually admitted being addicted to staying up to all hours surfing the boards, then anything is possible.

McCartney has been praising some YouTube video remixers recently and his 3-DVD video set seems to have been inspired by his YouTube ligging with son James.

It used to be you'd have to be sneaking out of bed into the computer room in the middle of the night but with wifi and all of that laptop action, there's little obstacle to keeping up with the boards even if you're busy these days.

I think JPJ would probably laugh the most but conversely is probably least likely to slip into the habit. Jimmy is reading for sure.

Well the most unlikely things get revealed over time. For example, it has turned out that Prince, who you'd think would be busy shagging or recording or bible-reading, has actually become something of a serious board lurker in the past decade, leading to him knowing exactly who's doing the bootlegging and taking appropriate action.

Now if you can have Prince doing it, and somebody like Edge of U2 who, at a number of points, has actually admitted being addicted to staying up to all hours surfing the boards, then anything is possible.

McCartney has been praising some YouTube video remixers recently and his 3-DVD video set seems to have been inspired by his YouTube ligging with son James.

It used to be you'd have to be sneaking out of bed into the computer room in the middle of the night but with wifi and all of that laptop action, there's little obstacle to keeping up with the boards even if you're busy these days.

I think JPJ would probably laugh the most but conversely is probably least likely to slip into the habit. Jimmy is reading for sure.

I think curiousity would be natural for them to visit from time to time. They must want to know what their fans are feeling, thinking, and talking about. Do I think they spend hours on the computer? No. Robert Plant would be curious, but not for long. He's too much of a wanderer and a restless soul to be sitting at a computer. He's Rambling On all over the world, not sitting and lurking on forums.

Well, this all begs for another question. What would happen if we suddenly discovered that they are?

Nothing.

The majority of people here wouldn't believe it.

Exactly. And they'd probably just get bitched at for posting in the wrong forum, not using proper 'message board etiquette', etc. :rolleyes:

I think curiousity would be natural for them to visit from time to time. They must want to know what their fans are feeling, thinking, and talking about. Do I think they spend hours on the computer? No. Robert Plant would be curious, but not for long. He's too much of a wanderer and a restless soul to be sitting at a computer. He's Rambling On all over the world, not sitting and lurking on forums.

well said. i think you make the most sense here.

:lol: Then one of the "self-appointed mods" would PM them to scold them for posting something that they feel is "inappropriate." :rolleyes:

I think you two are quite right, no matter how funny we all think it is. I really do think that the biggest threat for any band member (or simply a famous person in general) posting on an internet message board is not that he or she will be revealed, but rather that he or she will be treated as a troll.

I think you two are quite right, no matter how funny we all think it is. I really do think that the biggest threat for any band member (or simply a famous person in general) posting on an internet message board is not that he or she will be revealed, but rather than he or she will be treated as a troll.

the thought of that makes me feel rather uneasy...or is it queasy, actually

I think you two are quite right, no matter how funny we all think it is. I really do think that the biggest threat for any band member (or simply a famous person in general) posting on an internet message board is not that he or she will be revealed, but rather that he or she will be treated as a troll.

You are exactly right sista. Just goes to show how people need to lighten up a bit. :rolleyes:

I think JPJ would probably laugh the most but conversely is probably least likely to slip into the habit.

JPJ is the biggest technophile. He knows his way around computer. He was big into Macs for Zooma and Thunderthief and I'm sure he still is into computers. He also posts blog updates on his site.

Well I would bet the farm that they have been here and maybe even contributed something also. Do not underestimate the power of curosity. Sure they are busy but not every second of the day and members of their families more than likely have checked it out or frequent it also. Just my two cents. :D

I do think they are members. And I am sure there are some people who work for them that are on this site as well, or maybe some family members. Just a hunch. If it is wrong, I am OK with that. And their schedules are not so grueling anymore, not that they are drinking tea and taking so much of their time sitting in front of a computer, but they are at that point in their lives where they call the shots. And I do think they want to know at least something of what the fans are saying.

There was some web site I was on, a few years ago, probably 4-5 years ago. I don't know quite a while ago anyway, but it was not this official site. It was some LZ site that I had accidentally came across and I would not know how to get to the site even if I tried. I lost connection and was not able to get it back. Anyway what I saw were fans trying to interpret their songs and there would be posts that would say "Jimmy Page himself" and he would correct some of the fans when the interpretation was wrong.

Now whether if it was truly Jimmy or not I have no idea. That is another story. But that is what I saw. I really take it that Jimmy is very much into his fans.

In my opinion I would hope they paruse this board to see what we (the LZ fans) are expressing. They are musicians and have created something we all enjoy. It is my belief they are here to see for themselves what's going on and remain invisible to us. I feel they all know how to use a computer and should have some input on their "official" website.

I agree with the other posts here about their skills and curiosity. But what I see most from the limited amount of video available over the years is they seem to truly care about and respect their fans. I say that because of the expressions on their faces when their concerts close. They all show their appreciation and just don't walk off the stage. Especially Mr. Page, he seems the happiest after giving a legendary performace and pausing for a moment to observe his fans. He is glowing, I may be wrong, but that's only how I feel.

>Font enlarged...

I would like to add, during the video of "Rock & Roll" filmed in Knebworth, I clearly saw a few brief seconds of Mr. Page's glow. He's wearing a blue shirt with white pants and near the end of the song his image is projected onto the screen behind him. To me, the expression on his face while playing "Rock & Roll" was the glow I am talking about.

It's on the DVD in the new Mothership release, track 17, I don't have the exact time on that track, but that's where I usually see it. There are several others, it's a look on his face that's hard to explain. You can see it again on TSRTS after he completes "The Rain Song" and he smiles at the crowd.

Thank you Jimmy, Robert, John, Bonzo, and of course, Jason! Thanks you for sharing your talent with all of us!

In my opinion I would hope they paruse this board to see what we (the LZ fans) are expressing. They are musicians and have created something we all enjoy. It is my belief they are here to see for themselves what's going on and remain invisible to us. I feel they all know how to use a computer and should have some input on their "official" website.

I agree with the other posts here about their skills and curiosity. But what I see most from the limited amount of video available over the years is they seem to truly care about and respect their fans. I say that because of the expressions on their faces when their concerts close. They all show their appreciation and just don't walk off the stage. Especially Mr. Page, he seems the happiest after giving a legendary performace and pausing for a moment to observe his fans. He is glowing, I may be wrong, but that's only how I feel.

Could you enlarge the font? Thanks.

I fairly sure Jason Bonham has been here. Not sure about Jimmy and John. Robert doesnt update his own webpage, so I would be surprised if he comes here very often.

Your right about Page. I've watched the o2 videos and he is glowing.I think that the fans helped put that glow there.

Could you enlarge the font? Thanks.

I fairly sure Jason Bonham has been here. Not sure about Jimmy and John. Robert doesnt update his own webpage, so I would be surprised if he comes here very often.

Your right about Page. I've watched the o2 videos and he is glowing.I think that the fans helped put that glow there.

Well,I thought maybe he was.Just curious.But he did add me as a friend though.

Archived