Which one is the best?

Alessandra

Which one is the best?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best guitar for you?

• Fender Stratocaster
    • Gibson Les Paul
    • Others

Maybe. I've always personally thought the necks on Fenders were slimmer. That's the feeling I get anyway. Again, though, it doesn't matter, as long as it gets the job done. Luther Dickinson from North Mississippi All Stars will sometimes use a cigar box guitar!

Ah my man. But you must admit that the Fender strings are wider apart and there is curviture. Not Gibson. As for the sound, I guess thats all depending on the material you are playing. I play Led Zepp and love Gibson.

never been big on the playability of the les paul.

strats for me.

Ill never get it. Gee, I wonder why a Les Paul costs 4 times more than a stinking Fender???? Hnmmm. And I wonder why the best guitar player to ever walk the Earth (Page) chose a Les Paul? Hmmmm. and dont tell me Hendrix or Clapton or anyone else are better than Page because that is BS. They couldnt write songs or riffs or classics like him and didnt even have the common sense to go get someone that could really sing. Does anyone in the fucking world think Clapton or Henrix can sing as good as Plant?? If so. go check into your local insane assylum.

I read that the string length is slightly different between the two instruments. This apparently contributes to the difference in tone and string bending for each instrument.

the neck scale is a little longer on the strat.

this gives the strings a little more tension, and therefore a little

brighter tone.

fender: 25-1/2"

gibson: 24-3/4"

Ill never get it. Gee, I wonder why a Les Paul costs 4 times more than a stinking Fender???? Hnmmm. And I wonder why the best guitar player to ever walk the Earth (Page) chose a Les Paul? Hmmmm. and dont tell me Hendrix or Clapton or anyone else are better than Page because that is BS. They couldnt write songs or riffs or classics like him and didnt even have the common sense to go get someone that could really sing. Does anyone in the fucking world think Clapton or Henrix can sing as good as Plant?? If so. go check into your local insane assylum.

I like strats, and that has nothing to do with what players have used strats.

if you pick your guitars based on witch players use them, you have lost the point.

I think les pauls are too heavy, bulky and terrebly unergonomic.

deal with it!

ps. why is it that noobs allways feel like they have to make a fight out of

every litte discusion?

Ill never get it. Gee, I wonder why a Les Paul costs 4 times more than a stinking Fender????

Well, Gibson like to overprice their stuff. I'm not saying Fenders are cheap or anything... but Gibson price their guitar much more than they are worth.

I love Les Pauls (I have an Epiphone though) but for showing off and moving about, they're too heavy for me. Jumping around onstage, playing behind your head, throwing it in the air, etc. is much easier with a Strat. But I prefer the Les Paul overall.

If your good enough you dont have to show off. :D

Well, Gibson like to overprice their stuff. I'm not saying Fenders are cheap or anything... but Gibson price their guitar much more than they are worth.

If Gibsons are overpriced, then Am Fenders are overpriced. Plus there is more work done by hand on a Les Paul, and more materials.

The comments about the necks up top.....

LP's have a narrower(up & down on a held guitar), deeper neck, while Strats have a wider, thinner neck. Of course that is a generalization.

If Gibsons are overpriced, then Am Fenders are overpriced. Plus there is more work done by hand on a Les Paul, and more materials.

The comments about the necks up top.....

LP's have a narrower(up & down on a held guitar), deeper neck, while Strats have a wider, thinner neck. Of course that is a generalization.

Agree with you both. Gibson rules. And the necks are wider on the fender.And there is curviture. I cant get used to them and I would rather play an Epiphone than a strat.

Although I consider the Stratocaster to be the better all-round instrument, I really do like the carved top of the Les Paul, plus the fat sustain they are capable of. I've been playing the latter for over 30 years now, but also have a Strat, as it can produce tones that the Gibson's won't. The best thing about the Les Paul is, the louder you play through the amp with it, the better it sounds.

RB

Ah my man. But you must admit that the Fender strings are wider apart and there is curviture. Not Gibson. As for the sound, I guess thats all depending on the material you are playing. I play Led Zepp and love Gibson.

Yes, but I've still always found the Strat to be more towards my playing style. But some songs do call for that humbucking sound.

Can we please not get into this? There is no such thing as best. There have been many great guitarists through the years, and each have made a decision on what they wanted to be their weapon of choice. Some have chosen Stratocasters, some have chosen Les Pauls, some have chosen SGs, some have chosen Telecasters. It doesn't matter. So please, don't start this "Page is God and everyone sucks" bullshit. It gets old after awhile.

Besides, the tone comes from the fingers. If you were to play on Jimmy's guitar through Jimmy's rig, you would not sound like Jimmy Page. You would sound like yourself. I've heard a recording where Stevie was playing through a Rickenbacker and he still sounds like Stevie.

Can we please not get into this? There is no such thing as best. ..

... So please, don't start this "Page is God and everyone sucks" bullshit. It gets old after awhile.

Besides, the tone comes from the fingers. If you were to play on Jimmy's guitar through Jimmy's rig, you would not sound like Jimmy Page. You would sound like yourself. I've heard a recording where Stevie was playing through a Rickenbacker and he still sounds like Stevie.

At last, common sense from an obviously experienced player with a mature attitude. Deezer, your last paragraph it what it's really all about.

RB

:lol: i don't know whats worse... the fact you think that page is the best player to walk the earth or that hendrix and clapton can't write songs or riffs. There's a reason Clapton has been inducted in the R'n'R hall of fame 3 times... coz he's a fucking god... so is Hendrix...

At last, common sense from an obviously experienced player with a mature attitude. Deezer, your last paragraph it what it's really all about.

RB

Thanks. I've been playing for three years, but I'm really put off by this competitive attitude about guitar. I got into it because I heard Stevie Ray Vaughan and decided I wanted to play. I'm so competitve in everything I do that guitar is for me very refreshing because I'm just not competitive with it. I just enjoy it. Some people say I'm good. I don't know, I just enjoy it.

:lol: i don't know whats worse... the fact you think that page is the best player to walk the earth or that hendrix and clapton can't write songs or riffs. There's a reason Clapton has been inducted in the R'n'R hall of fame 3 times... coz he's a fucking god... so is Hendrix...

The reason he been inducted the HOF three times because he an asshole and wants his talent to be the main focus, not the music. I personaly don't know why he got in with yardbirds.(even page, as i belived that band was the Jeff Becks foremost) Clapton was one of the first guitarist to use a Les Paul though.

Charles Haley of the NFL has won 5 superbowl rings, more then anybody else, but it doesn't prove he's the greatest player ever.

Deezer:

Only been playing for three years? You display an attitude beyond your experience, that's more often found in professional circles. You are playing a guitar for all the right reasons. Keep at it.

Regards,

RB

The reason he been inducted the HOF three times because he an asshole and wants his talent to be the main focus, not the music. I personaly don't know why he got in with yardbirds.(even page, as i belived that band was the Jeff Becks foremost) Clapton was one of the first guitarist to use a Les Paul though.

Charles Haley of the NFL has won 5 superbowl rings, more then anybody else, but it doesn't prove he's the greatest player ever.

Considering he gave more credit to the bluesmen before him, and Page and Co. were using blues music without crediting it, who's the bigger asshole? I love Zeppelin (otherwise I wouldn't be here) but come on, if the best reason you can come up with is that Clapton is an asshole, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Deezer:

Only been playing for three years? You display an attitude beyond your experience, that's more often found in professional circles. You are playing a guitar for all the right reasons. Keep at it.

Regards,

RB

Thank you.

Through years, these two guitars are always compared to each other.

It could be the quality of sound, appearance, features, etc...

In my own opinion, I'll say I'll choose Les Paul because of the quality of sound is incomparable and unique. Besides, I also love the appearance of it! So, what's yours? :)

If you choose others pls specify. Thanks :hippy:

A Fender Stratocaster

Fender%20Stratocaster.jpg

A Gibson Les Paul

Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic.jpg

A GIBSON "LES PAUL" due to it being the sexiest guitat out there by far and the tonal quality is unbeatable and uncomprable

With the three pickups positioned as they are on the stratocaster you can get an "out of phase" sound that a standard Les Paul does not provide---it is from using two out of the three pickups at the same time. Also, you can actually get a harmonic if you lightly mute a string with your finger right above the middle pickup. I think having the middle pickup positioned where it is helps to give it a more bell--like tone.

Archived