Velvet Revolver to open for potential Zep tour

estofest

I thought VR was done for a while. I heard that Weiland was back and ready to tour again with STP according to Brendan O-Brien's (their producer's) brother, who was on the radio a week or so ago here in Atlanta (where STP records).

Oh, well, so much for a Zep tour... (see, it's not Robert's fault, it's The Cult's fault)... :D:unsure::rolleyes::blink::o:huh::mellow:

R B)

I thought VR was done for a while. I heard that Weiland was back and ready to tour again with STP according to Brendan O-Brien's (their producer's) brother, who was on the radio a week or so ago here in Atlanta (where STP records).

Velvet Revolver are on tour at the moment, hitting the UK next week :thumbsup:

I think the STP thing is just a short reunion tour. They're scheduled to headline Toronto's Edgefest this summer. Maybe The Cult and Velvet Revolver can have a Guitar Hero battle to see who opens for the band for the potential/non-existant Zep tour.

When was he in Led Zep or Velvet Revolver for that matter?

Obviously the reference was to the possibility of a reunited GnR opening for a reunited Led Zep. I am sure you realized that... but anyway...

I, for one, would be scared to death of that idea. Imagine the stunts Axl would have to pull to attempt to take the limelight away from Zep. This is the same guy who incited a riot in an attempt to upstage Metallica after James Hetfield was almost burned to death. This is also the same guy who would take hours to go onstage and would jump in the crowd to fight fans. Think the boys from Zep would accept that from an opening act, I should hope not!

I would love to see Velvet Revolver as an opening act, but leave Axl alone to keep "finishing" Chinese Democracy for a few more years.

Yes, I was just being stupid (one of the few things I'm good at!).

If LZ ever tour I don't think it'll be G&R or VR opening because I don't think anyone will.

Does anyone know if VR do any G&R songs live?

When I saw Velvet Revolver a year or two ago, they played Mr. Brownstone (one of my fave GnR songs) and Dead and Bloated (STP). I have heard they may do others, though.

I've seen STP three times,and Velvet Revolver twice(most recently with a reformed Alice In Chains,who played a dynamite set). Too me,Weiland is in a much better element with STP.His moonlighting with Velvet Revolver just doesn't produce the same energy/vibe.

Bottom line:If and when Led Zeppelin tours,they damn sure won't need a supporting act.

I don't think an originator classic rock band sees any advantage to splitting the concert receipts with B grade reproduction bands. What's in it for them? They are selling the same amount of seats, and the only way to make more money is to add more shows. Does Rush have an opening act?

Ah, what we need....more rumor and speculation! B) Initial response = :rolleyes:

Question: can/do promoters query or check with bands to see if they're available to open for a major headliner even if they haven't gotten a commitment from the headliner for any tour dates? I wonder if that's what they're doing here.....even though LZ has not commited to any shows, tours in the immediate future.

And does LZ really need an opening act?

They should reunite with Axl Rose too! It would be the biggest tour EVER.

yeah,it should be very powerful.i was on GnR webpage and i read at some forums that their new album will be completed in may or june but it is not the final result.but album tour with zeppelin would be very interesting.i like axl rose as robert plant-they are two very good and cool singers,so its gonna be a big gig there

yeah,it should be very powerful.i was on GnR webpage and i read at some forums that their new album will be completed in may or june but it is not the final result.but album tour with zeppelin would be very interesting.i like axl rose as robert plant-they are two very good and cool singers,so its gonna be a big gig there

Be more specific please! May or June of what year? Would that be this decade or another?

Hope there is no truth to this, Velvet Revolver is god awful. I saw them when they toured with Alice in Chains. Alice was phenomenal, but VR just brought the energy Alice created to zero when they went on. So please nooo.

Spot on assessment,Mr.President.

Oh, well, so much for a Zep tour... (see, it's not Robert's fault, it's The Cult's fault)... :D:unsure::rolleyes::blink::o:huh::mellow:

R B)

Rock on the Range is going to be the best concert of the year, ft. disturbed, stp, shinedown, staind, killswitch engage, finger 11, kid rock, 3 doors down, seether, papa roach, flyleaf, drowning pool, sevendust, and a whole bunch more. May 17 i believe. look it up. it even has a wikipedia.

Archived