Velvet Revolver to open for potential Zep tour

estofest

Zeppelin doesnt need an opener -- nor does any band deserve to open IMO. if zeppelin does play again I will be pissed if they use an opening band, no matter who it is.

BUT, I guess I will get over it very quickly!!!

Hello:

In the a.m. MUCH MORE MUSIC has items of interest written across the bottom of the screen while they play videos..

Today there was an item that stated Velvet Revolver is considered as an opening act for the impending Zep tour..

Juliet

Hello:

Well...I certainly got a reaction...

I saw that item again on MMM....here's the exact quote..."Velvet Revolver's bass player, Duff Mckagan, confirms his band has been tapped to open for the yet-to-be announced Zeppelin tour."

Juliet

PS I like that pic of Slash, Robert and those other hotties!!!!! ;)

i agree that zep needs no opener....but they did use foreigner at 02. which, by the way, i am still baffled by that decision. i mean, come on, foreigner??? heaven help us.....

i agree that zep needs no opener....but they did use foreigner at 02. which, by the way, i am still baffled by that decision. i mean, come on, foreigner??? heaven help us.....

Hi Misty:

I agree..I thought it was a bit odd having Foreigner open..I didn't want to say anything though...because it was THE 02 concert...

Juliet

PS LED ZEPPELIN OPENING FOR LED ZEPPELIN...it would certainly make for an interesting poster...

It was a concert celebrating Ahmet Ertegun and raising money for his charity. The acts chosen were or are Atlantic artists so that's why Foreigner was part of the bill.

It was a concert celebrating Ahmet Ertegun and raising money for his charity. The acts chosen were or are Atlantic artists so that's why Foreigner was part of the bill.

of course, makes sense...but i still loathe foreigner and i think they were a truly lame opener for zep (i was not there, true, how could i comment, but the board seemed to say they sucked and i believe them).

of course, makes sense...but i still loathe foreigner and i think they were a truly lame opener for zep (i was not there, true, how could i comment, but the board seemed to say they sucked and i believe them).

I don't love Foreigner either but they were a big act for Atlantic back in the day so I can see how they'd want to be a part of it.

I don't love Foreigner either but they were a big act for Atlantic back in the day so I can see how they'd want to be a part of it.

i have this feeling it had alot to do with Jason, too. I mean no disrespect to Jason by stating my dissatisfaction with foreigner, by the way. he's a working musician, and he should be proud of his reported great talent. regardless, i am not an authority on which bands are/were on the Atlantic label or signed by Ahmet...but i bet there are some better than foreigner, yes? that choice was made due to jason's involvement with the band....thats my take on it.

i have this feeling it had alot to do with Jason, too. I mean no disrespect to Jason by stating my dissatisfaction with foreigner, by the way. he's a working musician, and he should be proud of his reported great talent. regardless, i am not an authority on which bands are/were on the Atlantic label or signed by Ahmet...but i bet there are some better than foreigner, yes? that choice was made due to jason's involvement with the band....thats my take on it.

Possibly, but I don't know. I'd assume whoever was in charge approached various bands about participating and took it from there. I suppose it's a matter of taste whether Atlantic had better bands than Foreigner (and I know it's no disrespect to Jason - didn't think at all). Atlantic had an amazing roster from its earliest inception on through till today (Paolo Nutini for example) but many of those bands aren't together or perhaps had other obligations etc.

Possibly, but I don't know. I'd assume whoever was in charge approached various bands about participating and took it from there. I suppose it's a matter of taste whether Atlantic had better bands than Foreigner (and I know it's no disrespect to Jason - didn't think at all). Atlantic had an amazing roster from its earliest inception on through till today (Paolo Nutini for example) but many of those bands aren't together or perhaps had other obligations etc.

agreed. and I guess it does seem more appropriate to have opening acts at a benefit show, as opposed to a Zep "tour". it would seem Robert is against touring and slight more open to the band coming together for the right reason or occasion...so who knows really. but, if there absolutely had to be a opener....i think Pearl Jam would be just fantastic. that is my official suggestion. :D

Archived