The Political debate thread

The Bomber

Could you??? I couldn't! But then that's never been my strong area. Anyway! How bout that Obama!

Yes, how bout that Obama. I was watching his keynote address from the 2004 DNC earlier last night and it just reinforced to me how much this country needs a leader who can communicate to the people and not sound like someone reading off a broken teleprompter.

Yes, how bout that Obama. I was watching his keynote address from the 2004 DNC earlier last night and it just reinforced to me how much this country needs a leader who can communicate to the people and not sound like someone reading off a broken teleprompter.

No shit. I wish I could see him speak in person.

10 months, 7 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes until he's gone.

:beer: Can't wait. Couldn't believe it the first time, REALLY couldn't believe it the second time...I've been turning down the sound every time he comes on for about the last 5 years, so yeah. I'm looking forward to someone who can speak English.

:beer: Can't wait. Couldn't believe it the first time, REALLY couldn't believe it the second time...I've been turning down the sound every time he comes on for about the last 5 years, so yeah. I'm looking forward to someone who can speak English.

Well said suz couldnt agree with you more!! :thumbsup:

You're not a fan of nuke-yuh-ler power? Or our strategery in Iraq?

10 months, 7 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes until he's gone.

Do you really think your quality of life is going to change so much when someone new gets elected?

How old are you?

I don't know about you, but my quality of life hasn't changed significantly in the last five elections.

Politics are nothing to get excited about. I support Obama, but do I really expect shit to change all that much? Not really.

Do you really think your quality of life is going to change so much when someone new gets elected?

How old are you?

I don't know about you, but my quality of life hasn't changed significantly in the last five elections.

Politics are nothing to get excited about. I support Obama, but do I really expect shit to change all that much? Not really.

First question: I'm not that certain. I know that I'll have more respect for the office of the Presidency, I know that I'll have more faith in politics and the ability for people to mobilize behind someone who can truly do something different and needed. Will I suddenly be able to afford a car or a vacation or something? No. That onus is on me.

Second question: I'm 25, turning 26 in about 2 1/2 months.

I'm excited about this election because for the first time that I can remember, a candidate has actually inspired me to get off my ass and do something. I've done more volunteering and stuff around my area in Atlanta than I've ever done for anything else in my life. I can thank Barack Obama for that and in the event that he doesn't win, I'm still going to be doing it because like he said "WE'RE the ones we've been waiting for." It's hokey and cliched to some people and they're entitled to feel that way, but for me....Obama is the first politician in a long time that doesn't come across like a politician.

Those are good points.

However I will say that in my mind it is always important to respect the Presidency whether you like the President or not.

You don't like Bush, but the fact remains that the President of the United States is the most difficult job in the world, and that has to be respected.

Well the quality of life will change with a democrate in the white house, now if it would be a good change or a bad change depends on who you are. Maybe our national security will be threatend if obama gets in becasue he's against the military, There is a good chance for more taxes if hillary gets in, becasue she wants to baby everbody and tax those who made themselves who they are.

I respect the office of the President, but not as much as I should. I know that being President is difficult and the 43 men who have held the job have all had their share of misfortune while in office. I don't want it to be a cakewalk. It should be hard. However I think Bush, especially in the last 5 years, has made it harder than it needs to be. And in the process, made the office of the President look like a joke. Which it should not.

Those are good points.

However I will say that in my mind it is always important to respect the Presidency whether you like the President or not.

You don't like Bush, but the fact remains that the President of the United States is the most difficult job in the world, and that has to be respected.

You are right. calling names will not change anything.

no the republicans did that. i dont give a shit that he fucked around with an intern he sure as hell didt cheat on us dip shit

Once again with the names. He did cheat on us, while he was getting a blow job. Osama was jumping around spreading his hate of america, and national secruity became a joke.

Once again with the names. He did cheat on us, while he was getting a blow job. Osama was jumping around spreading his hate of america, and national secruity became a joke.

Yeah thats what the republicans told you and want you to believe you should really get a clue!!

but you don't think the dem are lying to you're face also.

True they all lie but bush is vindictive and malicious and i can see thru that lying sack of shit from a million miles away. I'm 34 years old and i have never seen a standing president so openly arrogant in my 34 years. He is absolutely pathetic, and his desicions serve him and not america , he is the biggest hypocrite piece of trash there is.

How old are you?

That's as realistic a point of view as I've heard in a while. It's important that you believe in your country before you believe in any politician.

Archived