led zep reunion

I remember reading an article saying Ian Astbury of the Cult announced he'd be the supporting act for Led Zeppelin.

I can't seem to find that article, does anyone know what happened with that? Obviously there hasn't been a tour announced.. but it doesn't make sense to me why he'd announce that if it weren't true.

Nov 22, 2007

Billboard.com

Not only is Led Zeppelin going back on the road in 2008, but the band has selected the Cult as its opening act.

That's according to Cult frontman Ian Astbury, who blabbed the news Saturday during a show in Cincinnati.

According to an MTV.com report, Astbury told the crowd, ''We'll be back next year because we're opening for a band you may have heard of... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it.'' After a fan shouted, '' Led Zeppelin ,'' Astbury nodded and raised his arm in the

air.

A Led Zeppelin spokesman could not be reached for comment.

Nov 22, 2007

Billboard.com

Not only is Led Zeppelin going back on the road in 2008, but the band has selected the Cult as its opening act.

That's according to Cult frontman Ian Astbury, who blabbed the news Saturday during a show in Cincinnati.

According to an MTV.com report, Astbury told the crowd, ''We'll be back next year because we're opening for a band you may have heard of... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it.'' After a fan shouted, '' Led Zeppelin ,'' Astbury nodded and raised his arm in the

air.

A Led Zeppelin spokesman could not be reached for comment.

Stop! My Sides! Actually, I was going to post a response to that article, but it sounded stupid, so I erased it, but then I accidentally posted it. I was going to say something like, "Shit, now I might have hope." Stupid! Because the article is from before the 02, and I don't really care what they do anyway as long as it's whatever they wanna do. And because that guy might be a doofus anyway. And because if I knew it was gonna happen, I'd get all stressed out trying to figure out how to see them. Happy Now???? :hysterical: ....... :blahblah::bagoverhead:

Stop! My Sides! Actually, I was going to post a response to that article, but it sounded stupid, so I erased it, but then I accidentally posted it. I was going to say something like, "Shit, now I might have hope." Stupid! Because the article is from before the 02, and I don't really care what they do anyway as long as it's whatever they wanna do. And because that guy might be a doofus anyway. And because if I knew it was gonna happen, I'd get all stressed out trying to figure out how to see them. Happy Now???? :hysterical: ....... :blahblah::bagoverhead:

I can only hope you don't do your banking online.

I'm afraid this Astbury fellow is a bit deluded.

Anyone in "the know",knows that that Cyrus girl is going to be the opening act.

Major strategery...reach a broad broad fanbase,and keeped 'em hooked for years.

Led Zeppelin Reunion Thread

Due to the unprecedented response to my post in this thread yesterday,I will now divulge some more info.....as everyone gets along so famously on this forum.In fact,this is probably the last post I'll need to make on this thread.(yeah,yeah you're welcome,you're welcome)

When that Cyrus girl finishes her set,her daddy,Billy Ray, will join her encore to sing a duet of Achy Breaky Heart.He will be in full mullet meltdown mode.

To amp the crowd even more before Zep,he will be donning a sleeveless vest,circa'75,complete with turquoise jewelry prominently displayed on his wrists and neck.(his contract states that a lot of ab-crunches are ahead of him before the tour commences)

Zep kicks off their three plus hour(not including encores)set with anew song,Divining Rod Blues,off their soon to be classic double CD,The Well Is Done...Dried Up.

Hey, but the way cool thing though,is that SAJ trademarked the term,"the well is dry."SAJ will receive huge royalties for years to come,and as a favor to us,and,as Sir Richard Branson owes S a favor or two,S is working to secure some Virgin charters,to accomodate the 8000 plus members/friends of this forum to the beautiful UK,to indulge in pizza and brewskies at his favorite pubs.

Man I can't freakin' wait!!!

I'm not in a position at this time to discuss the rest of Zeps setlist,tour cities,etc.

It's getting pretty deep in my corner now...

If any of you good people out there want to initiate a "rumor control"thread,I'll join.Honest I will.

Archived