The Women Thread

Hotplant

Let's hear it girls.

So, how about ......shoes!

Or, things men do that we love or hate.

Or, shopping!

And I'm sure guys can join in the chat's like the Man thread, but to be fair...we need one too.

Ok, trying to be all cheery I'll say:

I LOVE it when a guy puts his mind (among other things) to it on a date. Like planning sweet things unexpected.

Shoes:

Post them!

^ sounds cute !

Shoes, hmm well I'm guilty of wearing combat boots 24/7 lately and I seriously need to buy heels or something, before the arch of my foot disappears :P

and guys...hmm.. I like it when they discretely try to find out what you're interested in and surprise you by knowing more about you than you do yourself! Ha, i absolutely hate when they make things seem like its not a big deal to them just so you don't know how much they actually care. I've committed that crime as well, but geez not all the time.

What else do females discuss....no period talk! It'll just make people miserable :lol:

Right now my normal shoes are red Chucks , they're high tops. Jut like Robert wore in '77. But my favorite shoes are platform sandal that are brown leather that is embossed with little flower then half way that stops and they're cork. The straps are plain brown leather and the part that keeps your tops down has multi colored leather flowers. they're comfortable to because the sole is rounded so your foot roles as you walk. I'll get a picture and post them.

I'm afraid I don't have much of a shoe budget for me these days; keeping 3 growing kids in shoes, lol (and cleats, pointe shoes, jazz shoes, ballet slippers ...) :) I have shoes, but not SHOES :) But it's fun to see the nice shoes you guys are buying! :)

I'm actually now on a quest for scarves. I've never been much of a scarf person, but want to get some of the long, narrow ones. Any suggestions on where to look? My sister said I should check out SteinMart; the closest one is about an hour away. I struck out at Old Navy.

I'm actually now on a quest for scarves. I've never been much of a scarf person, but want to get some of the long, narrow ones. Any suggestions on where to look? My sister said I should check out SteinMart; the closest one is about an hour away. I struck out at Old Navy.

I am the BIGGEST scarf person to ever walk Gods green earth !!

Well, I practically have a whole closet full of scarves, its pushing ridiculous, but I wear a scarf with every outfit its a bad habit but for the most part its just my style.

I'm not really sure about where you live, but for my birthday my friend got me ascarf from T.J. Max and I never shop there, and its a favorite of mine, so if there's one near you, check it out! And if its a little thick you can fold it length wise and then put it on. I wear mine a certain way that's hard to explain but they are a helpful accessory :D

*I was missing prepositions!

I'm afraid I don't have much of a shoe budget for me these days; keeping 3 growing kids in shoes, lol (and cleats, pointe shoes, jazz shoes, ballet slippers ...) :) I have shoes, but not SHOES :) But it's fun to see the nice shoes you guys are buying! :)

the shoes I was telling about cost me $8 at Payless. I understand about the dance shoes though, my mom is constantly buying me new dance shoes.

My love is evening dresses, and I have a beautiful, and very expensive off the shoulder one, with a real silk petticoat, I just love it so much,

I have a semi formal dress that is tea length and it has a layer of tulle that is black with random little polka dots and then a layer of black tulle with big white polka dots. It has thin black sation ribbons straps that tuck in if you want it strapless. I wore it for my 8th grade graduation and grad party. I had patent black leather stiletoes, they're about 1 1/2 inches high because I can't walk in anything higher than that. And they're peep toe.

Actually music is the best thing you can buy me. I do like shoes, they're my favourite "chick-like" indulgence, but music is still the best thing anyone can buy me as long as it's good music.

'Bout time for this thread! :D Well, I have to go with Virginia, here. I have a teenaged daughter, so that's where all my money goes. My mom and my daughter are both fashionable, and I am starting to feel like a dud! I need to get it together. Somebody please tell me how to wear those scarves! There are so many pretty ones.

As far as shoes, I love the way heels look, but they are so uncomfortable. I have a lot of shoes- mostly tennis shoes and leather walking shoes- but also some cute summer sandals and a nice pair of strappy shoes for going out. My daughter has so many damned shoes that they are spilling out of every available space. We like payless, and there are also some really nice thrift stores that have good stuff.

I have always done physical work, so I've been more the practical type, when it comes to fashion. I almost never do my nails, because I am a gardener, so there's not much of a point. But when I do, I like the way it looks. I think I clean up nice, I just need to clean up more often :P

I am the BIGGEST scarf person to ever walk Gods green earth !!

Well, I practically have a whole closet full of scarves, its pushing ridiculous, but I wear a scarf with every outfit its a bad habit but for the most part its just my style.

I'm not really sure about where you live, but for my birthday my friend got me ascarf from T.J. Max and I never shop there, and its a favorite of mine, so if there's one near you, check it out! And if its a little thick you can fold it length wise and then put it on. I wear mine a certain way that's hard to explain but they are a helpful accessory :D

*I was missing prepositions!

Thanks for the suggestion; we do have a TJ Max here, so I'll check it out! :D

'Bout time for this thread! Well, I have to go with Virginia, here. I have a teenaged daughter, so that's where all my money goes. My mom and my daughter are both fashionable, and I am starting to feel like a dud! I need to get it together. Somebody please tell me how to wear those scarves! There are so many pretty ones.

As far as shoes, I love the way heels look, but they are so uncomfortable. I have a lot of shoes- mostly tennis shoes and leather walking shoes- but also some cute summer sandals and a nice pair of strappy shoes for going out. My daughter has so many damned shoes that they are spilling out of every available space. We like payless, and there are also some really nice thrift stores that have good stuff.

I have always done physical work, so I've been more the practical type, when it comes to fashion. I almost never do my nails, because I am a gardener, so there's not much of a point. But when I do, I like the way it looks. I think I clean up nice, I just need to clean up more often

Yep; one of my kids is a teen daughter too (the one requiring all the dance shoes, lol)! I like Payless too. Have you guys checked out Plato's Closet yet? We've been to one, and another one recently opened nearby. We actually pass down a lot of my older daughter's clothes to another family; who eventually gives them back with some additions for our younger daughter, but when my daughter spends her own money she likes to go to Plato's.

Thanks for the suggestion; we do have a TJ Max here, so I'll check it out! :D

Yep; one of my kids is a teen daughter too (the one requiring all the dance shoes, lol)! I like Payless too. Have you guys checked out Plato's Closet yet? We've been to one, and another one recently opened nearby. We actually pass down a lot of my older daughter's clothes to another family; who eventually gives them back with some additions for our younger daughter, but when my daughter spends her own money she likes to go to Plato's.

I think there was one at the Mall of America. I will check it out.

Hello ladies :wave:

Shoes don't have to be expensive to be great shoes, like Alicia said, there's great ones you can get for under $10.

For fashion, I love to be inspired by the classic styles of my favorite starlets like Natalie Wood or Sharon Tate :). I do want to learn to make my own clothes.

I think there was one at the Mall of America. I will check it out.

It's like a Goodwill concept, but only has teen/20's clothes from stores like Abercrombie, Aeropostale, Hollister, etc. (and prices are higher than Goodwill). I've even seen some Lilly Pulitzer stuff there :)

Oh, wait, I was thinking of a different store. There's a Plato's closet somewhere around here, I just can't remember where I saw it. I can't believe what a clotheshorse my kid is, it is beyond me. And I don't even buy that much for her. Her dad takes her shopping when she's with him, and buys her stuff I would never buy. Today I bought her a few nice things for a trip she's going on- dirt cheap at the secondhand store :thumbsup: You'd never know it was used stuff.

I want to find a good thift store- with good vintage clothing that doesn't cost loads. I don't want hand me downs from the 80s. I want groovy stuff from the 60s. I have an aunt who has that stuff but she is like a 2 and I'm not that even close to that. My calf is probably bigger than her thigh. I'm not fat, just naturally built bigger.

I want to find a good thift store- with good vintage clothing that doesn't cost loads. I don't want hand me downs from the 80s. I want groovy stuff from the 60s. I have an aunt who has that stuff but she is like a 2 and I'm not that even close to that. My calf is probably bigger than her thigh. I'm not fat, just naturally built bigger.

There's so many thrift stores here. I wish you could come to NY to see and buy some. In Manhattan, we are getting a revival of this in the thrift stores and art galleries.

My mom's still got her stuff from the 60's. She is a tiny woman, though, and her stuff is kid's sized. There are vintage sections in all the thrift stores I go to, and my daughter and her friends like to dig through that stuff.

Archived