The Women Thread

Hotplant

I want some really vibrant clothing that isn't like todays version of the 60s. Today's version is either really washed out- or tie die. I don't want either. Our town doesn't even have a good will. The only way I can get vintage clothes is the internet and shopping for clothes on the internet is hard because you never know if it will fit or not.

I love the way the girls who work in the thrift stores dress. Today I saw a girl wearing a crazy tye dye shirt, spandex (!?) pants, and some brown boots covered with fringe, and her hair in a side ponytail. You would think that would look ugly as hell, but it was cute! My daughter wears the weirdest stuff, with a TON of plastic jewelry, but she pulls it off. Shell have her hair and makeup all nice, and then put on a ridiculous t shirt with a cartoon character or something, put on a fuzzy old sweater over that, skinny jeans and one of her (many) pairs of neon shoes. Even when she dresses up, there'll be something quirky about it, like an odd hairstyle or crazy jewelry. It should look lke crap, but it doesn't.

I know people who do that. I just don't know how they can pull it off. I have the cutest top it boat neck (square) and the neck line is brown eyelet ribbon. It's a trapeze top and the main colour is a pale turquiose, it has these big far out patterns in shades of olive green, orange, yellow, etc. I got it in clothes for $12. I wear it with hemp jewlery and lots of bangles. People make of me for it but I don't care. I get complimented in the way they did it. They're like "Wow, you even look like a hippie." To me, I couldn't get a higher compliment.

I know people who do that. I just don't know how they can pull it off. I have the cutest top it boat neck (square) and the neck line is brown eyelet ribbon. It's a trapeze top and the main colour is a pale turquiose, it has these big far out patterns in shades of olive green, orange, yellow, etc. I got it in clothes for $12. I wear it with hemp jewlery and lots of bangles. People make of me for it but I don't care. I get complimented in the way they did it. They're like "Wow, you even look like a hippie." To me, I couldn't get a higher compliment.

That sounds like a great outfit!

I just got it recently but I can't wait for summer because I think it will look great with bermuda shorts and my platforms. I hate the normal juniors short for two reasons 1. They don't look good on me. 2. They're too short for almost anyway. All the people who wear them have to do is bend over and TAH DAH! you can see their behind.

Today at the gas sation I saw a girl in her 20's who was wearing black pants and boots with a big black and white houndstooth coat. She had long bangs and a ponytail, and big metallic earrings. I just love seeing people with style. I think I had it when I was little and lost it when I became the only girl drummer in a group. That was back when there were hardly any girl drummers, and I took a lot of crap, so I had to get tough. I've been a jeans and t-shirt type o' gal for many years, but I'm ready to try to break out of it. Once in awhile I succeed :D

I like my jeans and t-shirts.

OH! I found the right stuff for a my hair. It's curly, but not frizzy. It isn't crunchy crisp or hard. It's nice and soft. Very reminisent of Robert in '77.

My hair is outa control. It looks different from day to day, and sometimes even on the same day. If it's humid, it looks like I had a perm, but if the air is dry, it's straight as a stick. Other times it's wavy and weird, in all different directions. Shit, I gave up on it years ago. My daughter spends more time on her hair than I do on my whole self! So I just try to get a nice cut.

Maybe you girls can help me out here,there is a fast spreading rumour that i am gay,how do i convince people that i'm not?I've got to convince the female population of Cork that i'm straight?Let's see,i have,long,flowing,curly,brown hair,girls have actually asked me what conditioner i use!I have a deep voice,but my laugh is high-pitched and girly,i don't play sports,instead i appreciate art,play guitar and piano,i act (I don't actually see what's so gay about acting!) i support gay marriage,in fact all my political beliefs are a tad gay,but only because i'm not an authoritarian crazy-man,another thing counting against me is the fact i care about politics too much,a lot of my favourite entertainers are gay (Freddie Mercury,Stephen Fry,etc...) i read books,i prefer the book version to the movie all the time (The exception being James Bond) My favourite book is The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde,who was gay (Ok,bisexual) he also wrote my favourite play (The fact that i have one counts against me) which is The Importance Of Being Ernest,and i despise Wilde's morals,most guys in my area wouldn't comprehend the idea of loving the art and hating the source,i mainly hang out with girls,i can talk about my feelings and i hate homophobes,can anyone here,using the information given (A long list,i know) tell me how to convince people that i'm not gay?I don't really do much with clothes,usually just jeans and a band t-shirt,sometimes alternated with a Che Guevara t-shirt,so how do people get gay from that?Ok,i might wear a hoodie over it,or maybe a Tommy Hilfiger top that i have (Yes this sounds gay,but it works well,red jumper thingy over various t-shirts,maybe a Metallica one,the design from the Master Of Puppets or Black Album covers,or sometimes a black and white Che t-shirt,damn,the fact i can talk for this long about clothes makes me gay) I also have a nice John Rocha coat and a pair of Designer Socks (According to girls who've seen them,i swear i didn't know it was designer) but that's as far as it goes for clothes,i have a suit as well of course,but that's nothing next to what knackers wear,they go around encased in fake burberry,so,how gay am i?

I'd ditch the designer socks. Not because for the fact people think you're gay but because they're your feet, does it matter that your socks are designer?

Otherwise don't worry about it. People are going to say what they want no matter what you do. Be who you are, and don't give them a second thought.

I'd ditch the designer socks. Not because for the fact people think you're gay but because they're your feet, does it matter that your socks are designer?

Otherwise don't worry about it. People are going to say what they want no matter what you do. Be who you are, and don't give them a second thought.

I swear to god i didn't know they were designer!They were really cheap anyway and i don't think they're actually designer,some random girl just said it was.

Bomber, you kill me a thousand times over. I'm sorry that you are around such small minded people that would think you are gay for such reasons. Here's some helpful info: The guy I am currently enjoying describes himself as a male lesbian, and has in fact been mistaken for gay more than once. Don't change a damn thing about yourself. :thumbsup: It's the woman friendly guys like you who really know how to please :P

Bomber, you kill me a thousand times over. I'm sorry that you are around such small minded people that would think you are gay for such reasons. Here's some helpful info: The guy I am currently enjoying describes himself as a male lesbian, and has in fact been mistaken for gay more than once. Don't change a damn thing about yourself. :thumbsup: It's the woman friendly guys like you who really know how to please :P

:wub: Thanks Suz.

I like my jeans and t-shirts.

OH! I found the right stuff for a my hair. It's curly, but not frizzy. It isn't crunchy crisp or hard. It's nice and soft. Very reminisent of Robert in '77.

That sounds like my hair (except black)! I found the perfect product for it last year and I loved it so much I wrote the company and told the if they quit making it, I'd have to shave my head. It's so great, it's totally natural.

I bought two maxi dresses today. They're my new obsession! Now, I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can wear them.

That sounds like my hair (except black)! I found the perfect product for it last year and I loved it so much I wrote the company and told the if they quit making it, I'd have to shave my head. It's so great, it's totally natural.

I bought two maxi dresses today. They're my new obsession! Now, I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can wear them.

People, tell me what this hair product is.

None of us seem to think that you're gay, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. You dress like a guy.The fact that you like to read just shows that you're an intellectual person, and the ladies appreciate that. I can't even understand why anyone would think you're gay from the way you speak, especially not if you have a deep voice. Don't worry about it.

I wear band t-shirts and jeans, and play guitar and a lot of stuff like that too. People think that that is boy stuff. My friends and even family think I'm a bit of a boy (I have grown up with only brothers) but the truth is that I'm not at all. Nobody could have a higher voice if they tried, giggle at everything, wear dresses and have pink as their favourite colour too. There is nothing boyish about that as far as I know.

It's not the voice,it's the laugh,you hear the voice,then when i laugh... :blink: It's like a windscreen wiper,it's more of a screech really,but i can control it,i'm just oddly ticklish,if i get touched on the armpits i just have a spasm,it's kinda weird,but that's all,my sister was a massive tomboy at one stage,i got kinda worried when she got into Alice Cooper!

My hair is a disaster and I can't wait until I can get it done next week. I'm chopping about 7 or 8 inches off, so it's layered up to my shoulders.....dying it light brown with blonde highlights. It's time for my spring and summer cut/style and color.

As for shoes, I have a specific pair I have to wear for work since I'm on my feet all day, but when I'm not at work, I have a ton of cute shoes. A lot of ballet flats.....I hardly wear heels. I'm 5'3 so you'd think I'd want to be in heels, but I think they look wrong on me.....I only wear them for formal events. These are the ballet flats I wear about 99.9% of the time:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/36470581/c/65.../10/w/M_12.html

I buy a lot of shoes on Zappos.

I only own three pairs of flats...maybe! I think I've had the same tennis shoes for about 8 years and they look like I bought them last week. Most of my shoes have a 3-4 inch heel. I'm only 5'4"...I need the help. Plus, I have short legs. I feel too low to the ground in flats!

Archived