The Women Thread

Hotplant

Physicians Formula is good make up, so is Urban Decay and Too Faced. I like Sephora, but they're crazily expensive.

For the house, Pier 1 Imports is fantastic. I usually find really great things people discard as well, all you need to do is reupholster, etc and its good as new!

Make-up: I personally hate the stuff, but I wear CG liquid clean foundation. It's light but it says on all day, even when I sweat. I like Mabelline Great Lash water proof mascara, but the kind I have right now is Revlon because my mom accidently bought the wrong kind and gave it to me instead. Hey it was free right?

I also like the Mabelline Dream Mousse, but it's expensive.

I usually go to CVS for makeup because when I get it at Wal Mart it's dried out.

If I HAVE to wear eye shadow I like Mary Kay.

As for home decor: I like JCPenney's Home Store. Or Macy's. I love to paint walls, I'm thinking when I redecorate my room at mom's I'm going to paint a mural on one walls. Right now that room is paneled (as is the rest of the house) but to make matters worse the lady who lived there before us put up wallpaper. And it isn't even good wall paper. My room looks like someone's senial grandma did it.

Hey, I found some scarves today!! :D I went into TJ Max, and they had some pretty chiffon-y ones, but I wanted something a little more solid, so I went next door to Plato's Closet, and got 2 cute ones for $7!! One is green with fringe and the other is black and white and a grayish blue stripe (that one is more of a fine knit; the green one is more linen-like). Anyhow, mission accomplished, and cheaply too! :D

I will be joining the shoe conversation after I get off my ass and share my shoes... LOL\

But for now, I will share that I am planning on going to Old Navy and some other places to see if I can find a decent green shirt that's somewhat dressy so I can get away with wearing it to school tomorrow. I don't want the kids to pinch me. :D

Make-up: I personally hate the stuff, but I wear CG liquid clean foundation. It's light but it says on all day, even when I sweat. I like Mabelline Great Lash water proof mascara, but the kind I have right now is Revlon because my mom accidently bought the wrong kind and gave it to me instead. Hey it was free right?

I also like the Mabelline Dream Mousse, but it's expensive.

I usually go to CVS for makeup because when I get it at Wal Mart it's dried out.

If I HAVE to wear eye shadow I like Mary Kay.

As for home decor: I like JCPenney's Home Store. Or Macy's. I love to paint walls, I'm thinking when I redecorate my room at mom's I'm going to paint a mural on one walls. Right now that room is paneled (as is the rest of the house) but to make matters worse the lady who lived there before us put up wallpaper. And it isn't even good wall paper. My room looks like someone's senial grandma did it.

Make up and skincare, are my job, I love them, all the different products, they can enchance.

okay, I need a new pair of jeans, all my others are starting to fit way too baggy and aren't showing off curves :( Old Navy is being a turd because I don't want ultra low waist fit, where shall I go?

My daughter likes jeans from American Eagle and Aeropostale; they have some that are low but not ultra low. Aeropostale also has different lengths (long, short, regular). :)

I know a lot of people who like Aeropostle, and I like them but I can't wear them. If you have a big butt or big thighs they may not work. If you don't I'd get them there because they're really soft and comfy.

I have a pair of American Eagles but the only issue is well, my derrière is large so I cannot move without my crack showing to the world :lol:

Aeropostale isn't a bad idea though... I'll check 'em out soon

The weather is getting nicer everyday so I'll wear dresses soon

What about Maurices? I have some really nice dress pants from there. They have jeans in the same cut as those. I hate pants that the rise is really high but I don't like low rise pants either and these are just right. They sit high enough in front so that my stomach doesn't hang out but they don't go over my belly button. The back is high enough your crack doesn't hang out but not way too high.

What about Maurices? I have some really nice dress pants from there. They have jeans in the same cut as those. I hate pants that the rise is really high but I don't like low rise pants either and these are just right. They sit high enough in front so that my stomach doesn't hang out but they don't go over my belly button. The back is high enough your crack doesn't hang out but not way too high.

They have those type of jeans at Express too. Higher in the back and a little lower in the front. I love them.

I love the way they fit. And my dress pants are perfect because they're the dressy material that I can wear to church but they're me because they're bell bottoms.

Anyway, happy jeans hunting. Don't worry if you can't find anything that fits. You'll find some eventually.

But for now I must go take shoe pictures and clean. Plus I have a report on two chapters of Great Expectations. Would you like to do it for me Mandy?

never heard of Maurices...hmmm, and I've considered Apple Bottoms! Little expensive but if I try them on and they're great then I'll save up. Express jeans make my body look..awkward :lol:

The perfect jeans were at Zumiez, I ruined them and when I went back..they only have kid sizes! Weird.

I'll try out some boutiques too

Nice shoes Mandy, the picture makes me laugh tho the way your foot is turned.

LOL

When I uploaded that picture, I thought it looked like I had cankles! I had to tilt one foot so you guys could see the patent leather on them! LOL

I've got a TON more shoes to post--I'll get around to it soon. :P

I bought some clothes today! :cheer:

I got a pair of Docker's dress capris that are dark heather gray, they're soo incredibly cute. The opening of the leg is a bit flared, and they're adorable!

I also bought myself a green tee shirt thingy at Old Navy so the kids don't pinch me tomorrow!

Hey, those sound good! Yeah, I don't want to have to wear Urkel pants, but at the same time, I don't want my bum hanging out when I sit down or my stomach hanging out when I stand up. The low-rise thing really needs to go out of style.

Thanks for the house help, everybody! I'll definitely check those out. :)

Hey, those sound good! Yeah, I don't want to have to wear Urkel pants, but at the same time, I don't want my bum hanging out when I sit down or my stomach hanging out when I stand up. The low-rise thing really needs to go out of style.

Thanks for the house help, everybody! I'll definitely check those out. :)

I have some good mid-rise jeans from Old Navy. I prefer them to my other jeans.

Archived