The Women Thread

Hotplant

I have some Levi's 512's that have these really cute little flaps over the back pockets and a bit button on each pocket's flap. I love them!

I got them at a regular department store--one similar to Kohl's. (I know you guys don't have the store I bought them from.)

I tried these on last fall, but they only had a 6.5 in them, so I was crushed, but Zappos.com has them in all sizes:

4998-410073-d.jpg

And I totally have to HAVE these:

1396-358054-d.jpg

6220-370638-d.jpg

4974-358053-d.jpg

I don't know which color I'd prefer, but it seems like picking one color is like picking between my children! :o

I have some Levi's 512's that have these really cute little flaps over the back pockets and a bit button on each pocket's flap. I love them!

I got them at a regular department store--one similar to Kohl's. (I know you guys don't have the store I bought them from.)

I tried these on last fall, but they only had a 6.5 in them, so I was crushed, but Zappos.com has them in all sizes:

4998-410073-d.jpg

And I totally have to HAVE these:

1396-358054-d.jpg

6220-370638-d.jpg

4974-358053-d.jpg

I don't know which color I'd prefer, but it seems like picking one color is like picking between my children! :o

I like the red ones. I wish they'd let you walk around the block when you try on shoes. Walking around the store doesn't cut it. I hate it when I buy a cute pair of shoes and then, after wearing them for a day, come home with blisters.

I like the red ones. I wish they'd let you walk around the block when you try on shoes. Walking around the store doesn't cut it. I hate it when I buy a cute pair of shoes and then, after wearing them for a day, come home with blisters.

The thing is wiht Borns is that they don't do that to you!

That's why I bought them!

They're shoes that my DOCTOR reccomended to me when I was having major foot problems before I lost weight. Now that I've lost 30+ lbs., I have tried the heels, and my feet don't kill me by the end of the day!

Seriously. I have a bad shoe problem, LOL.

Here are some others I'm considering...and now I have to X out of zappos.com, LOL.

3279-410075-d.jpg

I love summer sandals! It's sad because I spend all summer shoe-whoring with sandals, then I have NO cute dress shoes in the winter that I can wear!

BTW--I have three pairs of Chacos, too. LOL

I'm a shoe-whore, I'm a shoe-whore... LOL

ETA:

I found these on zappos.com too. I tend to go for the back straps because I can walk faster in them, LOL.

4998-410070-d.jpg

drool-2.gif

ooooohhhh, I love THOSE red ones, too! Hurry up, summer.

Don't worry,Global Warming should bring things along nicely...

Actually,last summer here in dear 'aul Éire,we had the wettest summer in years,it never rained,but it poured,routine floods,etc... If you wore those sandals you'd be sorry,i'm what i would call a half-arsed environmentalist,in that i don't believe in Global Warming,but i do believe in Climate Change,Ireland proves that they are two different things.

^ and I live in Boise, Idaho--a place where the average rainfall is 18 inches a YEAR. I'm not too worried about it, LOL.

When we get a rainstorm, it rains for an hour or so, then it drizzles for the rest of the day on and off--sometimes the roads dry up between "cycles" of rain during our big fat "rainy" days.

Don't say that, Bonnie!

YOU DO deserve to be a woman, LOL.

You'd make a shitty man!

(this coming from the woman with three pairs of shoes under the table, LOL).

:lol: :lol:

True. I would make a really gay, effeminate man....

I do need to get some new sandals. I busted the strap on my pair. I love sandals. I would wear sandals every day if the weather permitted. I suppose that's why I don't really have many other shoes....

You know, it's really good to be a woman. As a straight woman, you get to choose your mate from a set of people whom (who?) you can be reasonably sure have seen Star Wars and Indiana Jones. For me, this is a really important thing in a relationship, hehe, so I'm really glad it's something I don't have to worry about too much. Guys, on the other hand, don't have this luxury. I meet girls all the time who have never seen Star Wars, for pete's sake, and it just blows my mind. How can you have lived your entire life on this planet without ever at least catching it on TV? That's depressing. Glad I don't have to put up with that. :D

You know, it's really good to be a woman. As a straight woman, you get to choose your mate from a set of people whom (who?) you can be reasonably sure have seen Star Wars and Indiana Jones. For me, this is a really important thing in a relationship, hehe, so I'm really glad it's something I don't have to worry about too much. Guys, on the other hand, don't have this luxury. I meet girls all the time who have never seen Star Wars, for pete's sake, and it just blows my mind. How can you have lived your entire life on this planet without ever at least catching it on TV? That's depressing. Glad I don't have to put up with that. :D

It's not that hard :ph34r:

:lol::thumbsup:

I hate to shop but, when I do, my overriding passions are probably boots, lingerie, and jewelery. In protest of the way in which diamonds and gold are mined, I only buy estate/vintage/used jewelery.

That sounds like a great way to get some very unique and beautiful pieces. I've never bought any diamonds or gold either. All the jewelry I have has been passed down from my grandmother(s), to my mother, and now to me. That has more value to me than I can put into words.

That sounds like a great way to get some very unique and beautiful pieces. I've never bought any diamonds or gold either. All the jewelry I have has been passed down from my grandmother(s), to my mother, and now to me. That has more value to me than I can put into words.

That's the best kind of jewelry. And, you're right - you can't put a value on it. You must have some gorgeous things!

I wear my grandmother's wedding band every day. It is just a simple narrow silver band with some designs engraved in it. It was the best thing that my grandparents could afford to buy when they married so it is very special to me.

Hi all,

I hate to shop but, when I do, my overriding passions are probably boots, lingerie, and jewelery. In protest of the way in which diamonds and gold are mined, I only buy estate/vintage/used jewelery.

Would you stop talking dirty! :hysterical: Boots,lingerie,jewelery,...how the hell can I sleep tonight?!!???? :D

Do you know how all the vintage stuff was mined/made,....?

KB (Broads! :rolleyes: )

Archived