The Women Thread

Hotplant

That's the best kind of jewelry. And, you're right - you can't put a value on it. You must have some gorgeous things!

I wear my grandmother's wedding band every day. It is just a simple narrow silver band with some designs engraved in it. It was the best thing that my grandparents could afford to buy when they married so it is very special to me.

That sounds lovely MSG! It's a great way to keep a connection with your roots.

Hi all,

Would you stop talking dirty! :hysterical: Boots,lingerie,jewelery,...how the hell can I sleep tonight?!!???? :D

Do you know how all the vintage stuff was mined/made,....?

KB (Broads! :rolleyes: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry. :blush:

I don't know how the vintage stuff was mined/made (although I can imagine the conditions) but I justify it by the fact that it's been bought and sold several times over so I am not supporting the companies that were involved in the mining.

Hi all,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry. :blush:

I don't know how the vintage stuff was mined/made (although I can imagine the conditions) but I justify it by the fact that it's been bought and sold several times over so I am not supporting the companies that were involved in the mining.

No need to say sorry to me,its just,on my part some fun! :thumbsup:

But I do like the visual,.... :wub:

KB (go girlfriend!)

Hi all,

Would you stop talking dirty! :hysterical: Boots,lingerie,jewelery,...how the hell can I sleep tonight?!!???? :D

Do you know how all the vintage stuff was mined/made,....?

KB (Broads! :rolleyes: )

:lol:

I am so not a girly-girl this thread is making me kind of depressed. It's Berkies, Tevas and hiking boots for me. I won't post pictures.

I have some nice jewelry from my grandmother and mother but it's so baroque and frilly I don't wear it much, because it would look odd with jeans and a tee-shirt. I have a couple of great-nieces who stand to get it when they reach the correct ages, and they are girlie-girls. I find them inexplicable. ;)

Heck, I saw "Star Wars" 24 times in the summer of '77, and am very much looking forward to the new Indiana Jones. :)

I do love horses, though, does that count?

Those are so cute lzfan715! I love the flowers on them. Where'd you get them?

I got them at Payless. And they're actually really comfy.

I hate to shop but, when I do, my overriding passions are probably boots, lingerie, and jewelery. In protest of the way in which diamonds and gold are mined, I only buy estate/vintage/used jewelery.

I love vintage jewlery. I want a vintage turquoise cuff. Like Robert's in fact I'd like to just take one of his.

:lol:

I am so not a girly-girl this thread is making me kind of depressed. It's Berkies, Tevas and hiking boots for me. I won't post pictures.

I have some nice jewelry from my grandmother and mother but it's so baroque and frilly I don't wear it much, because it would look odd with jeans and a tee-shirt. I have a couple of great-nieces who stand to get it when they reach the correct ages, and they are girlie-girls. I find them inexplicable. ;)

Heck, I saw "Star Wars" 24 times in the summer of '77, and am very much looking forward to the new Indiana Jones. :)

I do love horses, though, does that count?

Never fear, for I have also seen Star Wars more times than is necessary. Shit, that was a HUGE deal when I was a kid. We went crazy for it! I'm sure I saw it several times when it came out, and have seen it several times since. My favorite is the bar scene, with that band. Remember when they made a disco song out of that? :(

Never fear, for I have also seen Star Wars more times than is necessary. Shit, that was a HUGE deal when I was a kid. We went crazy for it! I'm sure I saw it several times when it came out, and have seen it several times since. My favorite is the bar scene, with that band. Remember when they made a disco song out of that? :(

Me too. I had posters of Luke Skywalker up in my room instead of Shaun Cassidy :blush:

Hi all,

No need to say sorry to me,its just,on my part some fun! :thumbsup:

But I do like the visual,.... :wub:

KB (go girlfriend!)

No problem. Nothing wrong with a little fun. :thumbsup:

As for the visual, sorry but, you'll have to use your imagination - my days of sporting such attire for the benefit of public consumption are long past...these days, it's only my husband who has the pleasure. :wub:

:D

Hi all,

No problem. Nothing wrong with a little fun. :thumbsup:

As for the visual, sorry but, you'll have to use your imagination - my days of sporting such attire for the benefit of public consumption are long past...these days, it's only my husband who has the pleasure. :wub::D

Good,all

in fun,.... :)

I'll work with the visual,.... :D

Ladies,may I ask,...w*** the f*** with the shoes? :blink:

KB (Ramble On)

Shoes are awesome.

They truly make or break what you're wearing for the day. :D

I LOVE shoes...actually, yesterday, I wore my black Franco Sartos to school, and my mentor teacher (who has children who are much older than me), asked me if they were comfortable because she really wants a pair! LOL See? Many women like cute shoes.

I'm a total girly-girl. When I was a kid, I got pissed because it was P.E. day and I wasn't allowed to wear dresses to school on P.E. days, LOL. The same thing in junior high and high school---except I didn't want to exercise becuase I'd taken time to do my hair and makeup and didn't want it to get messed up before the day was over, (I took PE in summer school in high school so I could do what was expected and get a good grade, and take my shower when I got home from school, LOL). I don't wear dresses much anymore, I kind of stopped doing that around the time I hit puberty. Now I only wear them occasionally. If I could afford to get my eyebrows waxed, my nails done, a facial, and a pedicure every single week, I'd do it. I love that kind of stuff. In fact, I'm getting my hair done tomorrow! :cheer:

One good thing about me: I'm a girly-girl who loves pretty clothes and makeup and other "beauty aid" type things, but I was raised with the idea that you MUST be able to be a girl and work hard enough/play hard enough to get dirty. I'm not afraid to exercise and get sweaty; do manual labor; work in the garden and get my fingernails and hands icky; or just play in the outdoors. In fact, I LOVE playing outdoors. I just so happen to like getting dressed up and making myself prettier than I am when I know I'm NOT going to get dirty, LOL.

Hi all,

Sunray,that went over ye head,no offense meant.But even though this is the women(s) thread,sometimes the guys want you all to shut the mmmm up? :D Because girly-girls,not so girly girls,women,broads and other things I should not say,.......like,er,.....I'm done :whistling:

KB(in trouble,...again)

Archived