BAD BAD TEACHER

The Rover

Jason Racardo Harris

(3/14/08 - Initial BBT Report)

Jason Racardo Harris, 23, a teacher at Peach County High School in Fort Valley, Georgia has been arrested and jailed upon allegations of his having a sexual relationship with a 19-year-old female student.Harris has been charged with sexual assault against a person in custody owing to the teacher/student relationship between Harris and the alleged victim who is reportedly a senior.

Harris came to the attention of authorities when a parent of one of the girl’s friends who had allegedly been informed of the relationship contacted the school.

Harris was reportedly arrested on March 12th and is being held in the Peach County jail pending a bond hearing.

Do you think he should be charged with a crime? They are both conseting adults. it's not like he's 42 and she 17. she 19 only 4 years younger then him, but then agian i think a senoir going out with a freshman is wrong.

She's nineteen and I agree that he should've been reprimanded, but indeed in the eyes of the law they are both adults, so him being arrested makes no sense to me.

I always underestimated how much teacher-students actually happen, but recently I've discovered these relationships in my school and not only involving girls "of age" but those that are fifteen and sixteen years old. Although many see it as speculation, 80% are definitely true.

Teachers and students* just shouldnt get involved with all that mess, even in college.

It is unethical but should not be considered criminal. The school should reprimand the teacher in some private way.

It is not criminal, I agree, unless the nineteen year old student was in a situation of legal duress; and it may be unethical, but it depends on the circumstances. We do not know enough about the facts to determine if it is unethical in this particular situation. Depending on the bond in the relationship, it could be entirely appropriate. It is wrong to rush to judgement. The school should not necessarily reprimand the teacher at this point; they should look into the matter further without prejudice.

Jason Racardo Harris

(3/14/08 - Initial BBT Report)

Jason Racardo Harris, 23, a teacher at Peach County High School in Fort Valley, Georgia has been arrested and jailed upon allegations of his having a sexual relationship with a 19-year-old female student.Harris has been charged with sexual assault against a person in custody owing to the teacher/student relationship between Harris and the alleged victim who is reportedly a senior.

Harris came to the attention of authorities when a parent of one of the girl’s friends who had allegedly been informed of the relationship contacted the school.

Harris was reportedly arrested on March 12th and is being held in the Peach County jail pending a bond hearing.

Do you think he should be charged with a crime? They are both conseting adults. it's not like he's 42 and she 17. she 19 only 4 years younger then him, but then agian i think a senoir going out with a freshman is wrong.

This could be a false arrest if both people in the relationship are consenting adults; as such they would have the legal right to choose each other.

Law enforcement could have informally investigated the facts and determined if the nineteen year old student was in any state of duress before they brought charges.

Apparently the local jurisdiction is somewhat conservative about the law, and takes protecting and serving the public fairly seriously. In this case they are protecting the adult student from what they think might be her own bad judgement in the event that her teacher was just taking advantage of her; but the criminal charges will fail if she consented, because she is an adult, unless she was in a state of duress.

For instance, a hypothetical state of duress arguably could be if she had failing grades and her teacher were to offer to give her a passing grade if she would consent to sex with him.

Local jurisdictions sometimes take this kind of conservative approach to the law to discourage the predators from taking advantage of the student population, even if they are consenting adults.

So, they are making him prove that he is not a predator; he's not getting her without consequences unless his intentions are all good and beyond reproach. If he is beyond reproach then he will have proven himself to be honorable; if not, they will have possibly prevented him from continuing to take advantage of the adult student population by virtue of his authority as a teacher alone, because they will have tarnished his career.

On the other hand, if they are sincerely enjoying each other's company and there is no duress, just two people having a great time together and/or falling in love, and possibly spending the rest of their lives together, the case has a different outcome.

Two young adults who are passionately and truly in love are highly likely to find each other to be irresistably attracted, and one thing can lead to another very quickly without them thinking very hard.

In this case they have decided to put the burden on the twenty-three year old teacher to prove himself in the eyes of the law. They hold him to a higher standard because of his position of authority; but if it is a true love, then maybe it was worth putting his career on the line.

You get into a grey area in this type of case because you have to balance all of the various rights.

I think you are right that a senior going out with a freshman is wrong, at least in most cases. I would evaluate those seniors very carefully. ;)

FRISCO, Tx. (Dallas Suburb) -- Frisco police arrested a 29-year-old teacher's aide for an alleged sexual relationship with a 14-year-old (male) student.

nancy_torres.jpg

29 Year Old Nancy Torres -- Prefers 14 Year Olds ;)

A 14-year-old student at a Frisco middle school has told police that he had sex several times a week for three or four months with a 29-year-old teacher's aide, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Friday by Frisco police. Nancy Torres of Frisco faces charges of sexual assault of a child and improper relationship between an educator and a student, both second-degree felonies, according to a police news release. As of Wednesday afternoon, Nancy Torres was being held on $10,000 bond in the Collin County jail.

According to a news release from the Frisco police, Torres and the student had been involved in a relationship since May. None of the alleged incidents happened on school property or during school events. The student's mother said she found out about the relationship and told police what was going on.

As for the victim, now 15, he attends Frisco High School. Documents show he admits to sexual encounters with the teacher at his apartment complex and inside the teacher's car.

The student has been through questioning at the Child Advocacy Center, which is where he told a forensic expert he had sex with Torres in Houston, Lewisville, The Colony and Frisco.

If found guilty, Torres could face up to 20 years in jail and a $10,000 fine for each charge.

FRISCO, Tx. (Dallas Suburb) -- Frisco police arrested a 29-year-old teacher's aide for an alleged sexual relationship with a 14-year-old (male) student.

nancy_torres.jpg

Nancy Torres -- Prefers 14 Year Olds ;)

A 14-year-old student at a Frisco middle school has told police that he had sex several times a week for three or four months with a 29-year-old teacher's aide, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Friday by Frisco police. Nancy Torres of Frisco faces charges of sexual assault of a child and improper relationship between an educator and a student, both second-degree felonies, according to a police news release. As of Wednesday afternoon, Nancy Torres was being held on $10,000 bond in the Collin County jail.

According to a news release from the Frisco police, Torres and the student had been involved in a relationship since May. None of the alleged incidents happened on school property or during school events. The student's mother said she found out about the relationship and told police what was going on.

As for the victim, now 15, he attends Frisco High School. Documents show he admits to sexual encounters with the teacher at his apartment complex and inside the teacher's car.

The student has been through questioning at the Child Advocacy Center, which is where he told a forensic expert he had sex with Torres in Houston, Lewisville, The Colony and Frisco.

If found guilty, Torres could face up to 20 years in jail and a $10,000 fine for each charge.

omg! :o Their age is like Jimmy and Lori :D

My question is - why is a 19 year old still in high school?

Might have been held back in one of the earlier grades or might have been born after September, which forces the student to wait a year before being able to start school.

Take my sister and I for example. I was born in June, so I was able to start kindergarten in 1987 with no problem. My sister though, was born in December, so she had to wait a year later than other kids her age....so she was always one year older than everyone else in each grade she was in. You have to be 5 years old to start kindergarten, so if you're born after the start of the school year, you need to wait.

Might have been held back in one of the earlier grades or might have been born after September, which forces the student to wait a year before being able to start school.

Take my sister and I for example. I was born in June, so I was able to start kindergarten in 1987 with no problem. My sister though, was born in December, so she had to wait a year later than other kids her age....so she was always one year older than everyone else in each grade she was in. You have to be 5 years old to start kindergarten, so if you're born after the start of the school year, you need to wait.

She's right it happen to me.

I didn't account for the different seasons.

In Australia, our school year follows the calendar year. Most people are 17/18 when they graduate. But with the Mid-year start in the US/UK etc, it's possible to be 19.

I would have loved some teacher to have seduced me! That would have been awesome. Then again, I am a guy, and guys and girls are different. There is a different standard.

As a man, you have certain weaknesses. If a man with a set of working testicles teaches high school, he can't help but be attracted to his female students. It's just life. Whether he acts on his impulses is another story.

I would have loved some teacher to have seduced me! That would have been awesome. Then again, I am a guy, and guys and girls are different. There is a different standard.

As a man, you have certain weaknesses. If a man with a set of working testicles teaches high school, he can't help but be attracted to his female students. It's just life. Whether he acts on his impulses is another story.

as much as i agree with you, i have to say any man who's finds girls under the age of 18 attracted, should not be teaching anybody. i agree somtimes the little brain does the thinking for the big brain, but that is a scary line to tip toe.

as much as i agree with you, i have to say any man who's finds girls under the age of 18 attracted, should not be teaching anybody. i agree somtimes the little brain does the thinking for the big brain, but that is a scary line to tip toe.

That is generally true.

You are forgetting a certain clarification: A male teacher who is physically attracted to a student is normal. Physical attraction is related to biological factors. However, a grown man being totally attracted to a female student, physically and mentally, can be a little strange. It is hard to imagine a female student having the proper mental development needed for a grown man to have any sort of serious interest.

I'm 16 and am in my final year of school.

One of the sport instructors at my school was sleeping with a year 12 girl a few years ago. I think it's disgusting. He still works here because nobody with any authority knows about it. It's all kept hush hush amongst the students. She was willing, but it's still not right. Student-teacher relationships shouldn't be sexual, that's not what teachers are for.

Sounds like a rumor that students shouldn't be spreading around. there should be no reason why somebody shouldn't stand up. If it is not true it should be brought to the teachers attention so he can keep his good name. Imagine somebody spreading gossip about you, wouldn't you want to clear you're name. Most likely the school has heard of this and investigated and found nothing wrong, but the rumor still circulates. and they can't fuel the fire by announcing something.

You are forgetting a certain clarification: A male teacher who is physically attracted to a student is normal. Physical attraction is related to biological factors. However, a grown man being totally attracted to a female student, physically and mentally, can be a little strange. It is hard to imagine a female student having the proper mental development needed for a grown man to have any sort of serious interest.

thats why men who like younger girls like younger girls. the are easir to control. Almost all my buddies have girlfriends who are at least 5 years younger. there new, and you can control them easier.

It's hard to state where crossing the line is, but i feel comforable about saying that Jamie lynn spears is good looking, but im generaly attactive women my age. I feel comfortable stating a certain guy is hansome, but im not gay. anything farther then that is a cause for concern.

I'm 16 and am in my final year of school.

One of the sport instructors at my school was sleeping with a year 12 girl a few years ago. I think it's disgusting. He still works here because nobody with any authority knows about it. It's all kept hush hush amongst the students. She was willing, but it's still not right. Student-teacher relationships shouldn't be sexual, that's not what teachers are for.

Exactly. That's why it's wrong.

Anyone who is in need of power so badly to take advantage of someone you're supposed to be mentoring IS NOT a good person to have around kids--I'm talking elementary-school age; high school age; university age.

Sleeping with your teacher is NOT an okay thing to do. It angers me every single time I see one of these headlines in the newspaper because it gives people outside the education feild one more reason to keep from treating teachers like the highly trained professionals they are.

While this case is not really a statatory rape case, I still think it is wrong because te teacher has clearly used their authority role to get some action. NOT COOL. NOT COOL AT ALL. Teachers are supposed to mentor and assist students to their learning, not lock their office/classroom door and give them lessons in being dirty.

Even at college level, it is not okay for a teacher to sleep with a student. Ever. No matter who persues who; no matter the age difference. NEVER should this EVER be allowed!

Exactly. That's why it's wrong.

Anyone who is in need of power so badly to take advantage of someone you're supposed to be mentoring IS NOT a good person to have around kids--I'm talking elementary-school age; high school age; university age.

Sleeping with your teacher is NOT an okay thing to do. It angers me every single time I see one of these headlines in the newspaper because it gives people outside the education feild one more reason to keep from treating teachers like the highly trained professionals they are.

This kinda stuff used to go on when i was in the army with drilll sgts and female recruits and the reason i bring this up is because mandy has just said it has alot to do with "power" reguardless of age and yes it is wrong!!

It's a total abuse of authority. Why do you think states and school districts have ethical codes, if not laws against it?

FOR THE SAME REASON THE GOVERNMENT HAS LAWS ABOUT STATUTORY RAPE--total, complete abuse of authority.

I will say this though slightly off topic recently in the news there was an 18 year old dating and having sex with a 15 year old which was actually a senoir dating a freshman, and the father of the girl pressed charges well the laws in that state which i dont know demand a 10 year sentence i think this is bullshit cuz theres a big difference between a 19 year old having sex with a 15 year old and lets say me a 34 year old having sex with a 15 year old which BTW disgusts me just to type it but you get my point hes not mature enough to buy beer but hes mature enough to go to jail for having consensual sex. I say bullshit

Archived