BAD BAD TEACHER

The Rover

I agree with you Steve. If someone's only a year or two older than the "18" cut off date and they're with someone a few years younger, no biggie. I can tell you as a sister of a fifteen year old sister, if she had a 18, 19, or 20 year old taking her out, I'd rip his balls off!

I do think that if there's a year or so in age difference, who the hell is to say they weren't dating before the older turned 18? If it would be fine for a 15 year old to date a 17 year old, why wouldn't it be okay for a 17 year old to date a 19 or 20 year old?

If either person is under twenty or twenty one, I say give them a two or (in extreme "okay" cases), three year leeway on that little blurb. Otherwise, if you are over 21 and you're with someone more than two or three years younger than you and they are under 18, you've got some real issues...and should probably be locked up and castrated immediately.

I agree with you Steve. If someone's only a year or two older than the "18" cut off date and they're with someone a few years younger, no biggie.

In Australia (or at least my state) the law says it is illegal to have sex with someone under the age of 16 unless the age gap is less than 2 years.

So a 15yo and 17 yo is ok, but 15yo and 18yo is not. I think this takes care of most of the problems, as it allows for consensual sex between people of a similar age and presumably mental development.

Should 15 year olds be having sex? I'm not sure they should but to say they shouldnt would make me a hypocrite. -_-

• 2 months later...

http://www.local10.com/news/16527927/detail.html

Police Say 16-Year-Old Had Sex With 38-Year-Old Teacher On Multiple Occasions

POSTED: 2:39 pm EDT June 6, 2008

MARGATE, Fla. -- A 38-year-old teacher was arrested Friday, accused of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old student for more than a year. The 'victim' said that there was "sexual contact" with the teacher more than 100 times. The teacher's apartment was visited almost every day for almost a year by the 'victim', staying overnight when the teacher's spouse was not home.

What a 'year' that was ! !

Might have been held back in one of the earlier grades or might have been born after September, which forces the student to wait a year before being able to start school.

Take my sister and I for example. I was born in June, so I was able to start kindergarten in 1987 with no problem. My sister though, was born in December, so she had to wait a year later than other kids her age....so she was always one year older than everyone else in each grade she was in. You have to be 5 years old to start kindergarten, so if you're born after the start of the school year, you need to wait.

Or the student went to begindergarten or was held back a year. Probably the former or what you said though

Teacher accused of sex crime writes to Hogan's son

Sat Jun 7, 5:31 PM ET

A former teacher accused of having sex with students sent a letter of support to the jailed son of Hulk Hogan, authorities said.

Stephanie Ragusa, who is also in jail, sent the letter June 2 to 17-year-old Nick Bollea, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said.

The letter was intercepted by Pinellas County sheriff's deputies after they recognized Ragusa's name, the jail's return address and her docket number on the envelope, authorities said. Bollea, who is serving an eight-month sentence on a charge of reckless driving with serious bodily injury, was later given a copy of the letter.

Ragusa, 29, is facing charges of lewd or lascivious battery and unlawful sexual activity with a minor. The telephone at the office of Ragusa's attorney rang unanswered Saturday.

Jim Bates, an attorney for Bollea, did not immediately return a message left at his office.

Ragusa doesn't appear to have broken any rules, said J.D. Callaway, a sheriff's spokesman.

Teacher accused of sex crime writes to Hogan's son

Sat Jun 7, 5:31 PM ET

A former teacher accused of having sex with students sent a letter of support to the jailed son of Hulk Hogan, authorities said.

Stephanie Ragusa, who is also in jail, sent the letter June 2 to 17-year-old Nick Bollea, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said.

The letter was intercepted by Pinellas County sheriff's deputies after they recognized Ragusa's name, the jail's return address and her docket number on the envelope, authorities said. Bollea, who is serving an eight-month sentence on a charge of reckless driving with serious bodily injury, was later given a copy of the letter.

Ragusa, 29, is facing charges of lewd or lascivious battery and unlawful sexual activity with a minor. The telephone at the office of Ragusa's attorney rang unanswered Saturday.

Jim Bates, an attorney for Bollea, did not immediately return a message left at his office.

Ragusa doesn't appear to have broken any rules, said J.D. Callaway, a sheriff's spokesman.

Probably looking for a transfer so she can get more of that young weiner huh?

Archived