Awesome Jimmy Page Solos

Sweet.

So where does one get the full version of the Earls Court '75 vid?

That's a good question! Have no idea, but it would be nice if Page decided to release on DVD the complete Earls Court concert one day!

That's a good question! Have no idea, but it would be nice if Page decided to release on DVD the complete Earls Court concert one day!

Well, someone has it, they posted it on YouTube.

I want it too. :)

This must be a fake. I can't believe it, he would never play so horrible.

Nope. Some people think that too, but it's all real. Take a look at the whole performance: Heartbreaker/Whole Lotta Love.

They were on six hours late, and he was probably drunk and tired as all hell (not a good combination). If this were anybody else, their career would've been destroyed immediately. Thankfully, he's Jimmy Page, so nobody gave a shit. Here them cheering? Or maybe they were just being nice....

Nope. Some people think that too, but it's all real. Take a look at the whole performance: Heartbreaker/Whole Lotta Love.

They were on six hours late, and he was probably drunk and tired as all hell (not a good combination). If this were anybody else, their career would've been destroyed immediately. Thankfully, he's Jimmy Page, so nobody gave a shit. Here them cheering? Or maybe they were just being nice....

Was that their whole performance - they only did 2 songs? EDIT: never mind, here's them doing Stairway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfF14Vh-0Sw...feature=related

I hadn't seen this since 1988, so thank you for the link. I didn't remember the music as being bad, but then I was drunk as well ...

I love Jimmy Page as much as anyone but we must all keep in mind these kind of things also:

Heartbreaker

Sometimes, you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

We can't expect Pagey to be God ALL the time can we?

I still love him.

I love Jimmy Page as much as anyone but we must all keep in mind these kind of things also:

Heartbreaker

To be honest, solos like those are part of the reason I love Jimmy Page. I think his sloppiness gives him his style, and is part of what makes him unique.

Think about it this way, we are talking about a guy who would rather play something sketchy, than completely copy himself night after night. I applaud him, even when he falls.

yes, ALS probably there best. it was such atreat to listen and enjoy the music as they evolved. in my mind ALS was the tip of were they would have gone every time i listen to knebwort i get chills they were and are that fucking good

I rember reading an interview with him back around the time the DVD came out in 03 and he had been considering releasing a full Earl's Court dvd but decided against it. Mainly because most of the footage he has from those shows are closeups and he felt it would be tough to release a complete sets' worth of material because of this.

Archived