Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Led Zeppelin Fan

Awesome Jimmy Page Solos

I can't find it right now,but the solo on Stairway To Heaven from the DVD at Earls Court is mind-blowing.

Also the version of STH from the o2 was great.

Sweet.

So where does one get the full version of the Earls Court '75 vid?

That's a good question! Have no idea, but it would be nice if Page decided to release on DVD the complete Earls Court concert one day!

The Supershow Dazed is one of my favorites, becuse it's so completely manic and off the wall. Also, the recording itself is distorted which gives it kind of an Iggy Raw Power garage-punk vibe.

Edited by mos6507

I Can't Quit you Babe' at Royal Albert Hall is the greatest Page solo ever, it gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it..OMG!! And I just have to add Jimmys hair is beautiful in this video..I know you guys do not want to hear that but I had to add it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5YefPaTJNs

Lanni

^I agree, those last two mentions were awesome.

i'll add the -tea for one solo.

-over the hills and trampled were always cool live too.

That's a good question! Have no idea, but it would be nice if Page decided to release on DVD the complete Earls Court concert one day!

Well, someone has it, they posted it on YouTube.

I want it too. :)

I love Jimmy Page as much as anyone but we must all keep in mind these kind of things also:

Heartbreaker

First time I saw that, it broke my heart. :(

Thankfully, right after that, I watched a Page and Plant video of Jimmy doing the Heartbreaker solo, which cheered me up.

I love Jimmy Page as much as anyone but we must all keep in mind these kind of things also:

Heartbreaker

This must be a fake. I can't believe it, he would never play so horrible.

This must be a fake. I can't believe it, he would never play so horrible.

Nope. Some people think that too, but it's all real. Take a look at the whole performance: Heartbreaker/Whole Lotta Love.

They were on six hours late, and he was probably drunk and tired as all hell (not a good combination). If this were anybody else, their career would've been destroyed immediately. Thankfully, he's Jimmy Page, so nobody gave a shit. Here them cheering? Or maybe they were just being nice....

Edited by Trashbag

Geez, poor Page. Wish I hadn't seen this :) .

Good times, bad times. Those are the bad times.

Nope. Some people think that too, but it's all real. Take a look at the whole performance: Heartbreaker/Whole Lotta Love.

They were on six hours late, and he was probably drunk and tired as all hell (not a good combination). If this were anybody else, their career would've been destroyed immediately. Thankfully, he's Jimmy Page, so nobody gave a shit. Here them cheering? Or maybe they were just being nice....

Was that their whole performance - they only did 2 songs? EDIT: never mind, here's them doing Stairway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfF14Vh-0Sw...feature=related

I hadn't seen this since 1988, so thank you for the link. I didn't remember the music as being bad, but then I was drunk as well ...

Edited by FireOpal

Please forgive me for having steered the thread in this direction. Here's Achilles Last Stand from Knebworth. A worthy performance if there ever was one:

Edited by hecube

Heartbreaker

Sometimes, you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

We can't expect Pagey to be God ALL the time can we?

I still love him.

Heartbreaker

To be honest, solos like those are part of the reason I love Jimmy Page. I think his sloppiness gives him his style, and is part of what makes him unique.

Think about it this way, we are talking about a guy who would rather play something sketchy, than completely copy himself night after night. I applaud him, even when he falls.

yes, ALS probably there best. it was such atreat to listen and enjoy the music as they evolved. in my mind ALS was the tip of were they would have gone every time i listen to knebwort i get chills they were and are that fucking good

Back to the proper topic of this Thread: Awesome Jimmy Page Solos

1973 - SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVING YOU --

MSG NYC, NY

Edited by The Rover

Page & Plant Heartbreaker Mexico City, September 95

Of course i was there....

Great show, great night,lot of beautiful girls from uk,

a lot of sex, hahahah....

Ruben

Mexico

Land of freedom

I rember reading an interview with him back around the time the DVD came out in 03 and he had been considering releasing a full Earl's Court dvd but decided against it. Mainly because most of the footage he has from those shows are closeups and he felt it would be tough to release a complete sets' worth of material because of this.