how healthy

peppermint

Just wondered how healthy are you?

do you take vitamins,exercise, healthy eating or what.

I take loads of vitamins, and every evening I drink a glass of red wine. I do not drive so I walk everywhere. :D

Yes healthy eating, fruit, yoghurt, is a great favourite. :D

Most of the time I exercise 3x/week (30 min. running on the treadmill + strength & stretching); I have almost entirely given up white rice/pasta/bread and sugar; and only drink water, half-decaf, green tea and the occasional diet soda (once in a while, red wine also). I have oatmeal with flaxseed meal for breakfast every morning, and as many fruits/veggies as possible. I rarely have beef, either. I use healthy cooking techniques (grilling, healthy oils, no frying, no trans fats, etc.).

The exercise is really key for me; I feel so much better when I exercise, eat well and limit caffeine. Suddenly after turning 40, I feel crappy if I don't exercise; whereas it wasn't a problem before. Plus I have high blood pressure now (also after turning 40) so I have to exercise for that too.

There are still some things I could do better, though (snacking, remembering to take my vitamins, and I really need to go 4-5x/wk to the gym, at least for cardio).

I think im going insane ever so slowly, however i do have 4 kids from 15 13 5 and 7 months so maybe this is normal :blink:

Oh my god, how do you do it? I only have one and I can't keep up with her. She's a good kid, though. Just busy, busy, busy. :wacko:

Yes exactly i try to be a good guy but i am so sick of listening to i need this and i need that every time i think i got everything under control theres something else that some needs and i think i need my sanity and this isnt helping anyway at least once a week i try to get a preety good beer buzz goin and its ok cuz im more of a happy positive drunk so that works for me :)

How healthy am I?

It's complicated. I have done enough research, and have enough knowledge on the exact ways of achieving amazing health. I have applied them to my life before. I continue to try and apply them . Unfortunately, self discipline is not an easy thing for some people, including myself, and so I live with the fact that I can live unhealthily, yet am completely aware of what is is doing to me, and also aware of how to fix it all, yet sometimes I can't bring myself to do it.

So, I expect to enter an extremely healthy period of my life in the near future, yet at present, am not living healthily at all.

Generally, I am in good health.

I think im going insane ever so slowly, however i do have 4 kids from 15 13 5 and 7 months so maybe this is normal :blink:

Ya I'd say so :D Wow , and I thought two boy's were a hand full. Just jocking, I wouldn't trade my kids for anything. A handfull... ya betchya, but they grow up so fast... enjoy every minute of it

I'm 5' 11 1/2" tall, about 180 pounds. In the seven years I've been married I've gained about 5 or 6 pounds. My main sport through the years has been bicycling. Although in the last couple of years I've curtailed the length and frequency of my rides. I've ridden several centuries (100 miles or more) in one day. One of my favorite vacations was an organized bike tour of Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon and Zion National Park in the US Southwest. The rides averaged 80 miles a day in very HOT conditions. I love riding in hot weather, but you need to start EARLY in the AM to miss the hottest parts of the day. Yes, I was/am a bike geek.

I also went through a tennis phase.

The last two years I've been playing basketball with a neighborhood group of over 35 year olds. We've allowed a couple of 20 somethings to join the group. There is a contingent of guys who currently coach HS basketball and a couple of them played college ball. Needless to say, I'm careful about who I guard. But I hold my own and my stamina has improved drastically. Not bad for a 52 year old.

I eat whatever I want and that is my downfall. One or two days a week I eat vegetarian. I limit red meat. I love beer, but usually only 1 or 2 on a day where I drink.

I'm not so healthy lately. I've just had to go through breaking up with someone and I've lost sleep, and haven't eaten over it, resulting in weight loss. I need to start working on moving on and getting healthy again.

I work out for an hour every single day (except Sunday, thats my resting day). I take a multivitamin in the morning, followed by a glass of water with 5 grams of L-Glutamine. After my workout (starts at 7:30 a.m. at school) I take 5 grams of Creatine, which, unlike popular belief, is not a steroid, is completely natural, and has never shown any side effects except dehydration if you drink water. I've never felt any side effects from it

At the end of the day, I'd say I'm in pretty good shape, and I'd even say I'm healthier than a horse B):lol:

i walk 5 to 15 miles, 5 days a week. and i mean i bust it. when i'm done, i'm done... but i don't eat good,(healthy), at all. i hate greens. love red meat, rare, deep fried foods are great. lots of eggs and bacon.. give me fat, choleseral, and salt, and i'm in heaven.. plus, every friday night i drink at least 12 beers. and maybe some more on saterday. funny thing is, i don't ever get sick. last time i got the flu was in the late 80's. never get colds. haven't been to a doc. in at least 15 years. i'm 50 and keep up with 20 somethings at out doorsy stuff. not sports like hoops, but backpacking and kayaking. things like that. i'll probably keel over within the week.

Archived