i walk 5 to 15 miles, 5 days a week. and i mean i bust it. when i'm done, i'm done... but i don't eat good,(healthy), at all. i hate greens. love red meat, rare, deep fried foods are great. lots of eggs and bacon.. give me fat, choleseral, and salt, and i'm in heaven.. plus, every friday night i drink at least 12 beers. and maybe some more on saterday. funny thing is, i don't ever get sick. last time i got the flu was in the late 80's. never get colds. haven't been to a doc. in at least 15 years. i'm 50 and keep up with 20 somethings at out doorsy stuff. not sports like hoops, but backpacking and kayaking. things like that. i'll probably keel over within the week.

You're 50, it's time for a colonoscopy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw a news segment debunking the advice on drinking 8 glasses of water a day...they say it all depends on the climate and the amount of activity. they say to simply drink water when your thirsty.

....ahh, that makes sense. :huh:

just saw a news segment debunking the advice on drinking 8 glasses of water a day...they say it all depends on the climate and the amount of activity. they say to simply drink water when your thirsty.

....ahh, that makes sense. :huh:

Everybody's different but that much water is good. One test doesn't disprove hundreds

• 1 year later...

I love jogging. I do it as often as possible, and if I can't, I make sure that I do some aerobic activity. Basically I mix that with some anaerobic stuff four or five days a week. I generally only let myself have dessert once or twice a week, and I have a very balanced diet. I could use some more meat, though. I'd be a veggie, but I hate beans and soy stuff. So I kind of have to make myself eat meat more often. Especially red meat, but I pretty much hate it. I guess it comes from growing up mostly in Idaho and seeing more cows than people pretty much all the time. They were, like, my neighbors, dude.

Oh and the most important part of my routine... starting the day to Zeppelin. They do ya wonders. Mhm.

Never get sick

never take vitamins

never had a cold

from grade 3 through to high school did at least an hour a day of weghts and excercise

for a few years I did an hour in the morning before going to school and an hour before going to bed

did many years of karate 4 hours a day for 2 years not including the years before and after where I settled for 2 hours a day

jogged 5 miles a day for a few years, stopped for a year then felt like jogging again so I did 5 miles

and paid for it by getting tendonitus (should have built up to five rather than doing it right away)

do a lot of biking

excercise once and awhile

a little yoga while watching Lilias Yoga And You

play drums on a daily basis since the age of 18 to Keith Moon, Carl Palmer, John Bonham, Billy Cobham, Neil Peart, and Ian Paice for hours a day

am a vegetarian since I've been 18 who eats fish once and a while

was a vegan for two years but gave it up because I missed the cheese

Edited by roblindblad

I am proud to say i have never had a weight problem. I have been 170lbs for years now. And i walk a lot and can run without getting winded.

But on the other hand i don't eat very healthy sometimes.

I excercise at least 30 minutes six days a week. I don't eat candy, and I don't drink pop. I avoid all fried food. If I eat out I put a napkin over my food to absorb grease before I eat it. I'm also on weightwatchers, and have lost 16 pounds.

I excercise at least 30 minutes six days a week. I don't eat candy, and I don't drink pop. I avoid all fried food. If I eat out I put a napkin over my food to absorb grease before I eat it. I'm also on weightwatchers, and have lost 16 pounds.

Hi 'lzfan715'

Good for you girl, 16lbs is fantastic, well done.

I look at it this way, in Nature all the Fat animals like Elephants, Hippo's, Giant Tortoises, live between 80 and 250+ years, while all the skinny ones like Gazelles, Stick Insects, Cheeters, all die young, less than 10 years. Makes you think dosen't it? ;)

Regards, Danny

I think im going insane ever so slowly, however i do have 4 kids from 15 13 5 and 7 months so maybe this is normal :blink:

Don't feel too bad, my Mother had 13 kids. B)

I'm fairly healthy for my age. My heart is fine but I did have to start taking some meds and supplements for atrial fibrillation. I had a bad attack about a year and a half ago but it's fine now.

I am also dropping some weight (doctor's orders) and I've dropped about 12 pounds in 9 weeks.

I like to ride my bike for exercise and I got a good 10 mile ride in yesterday. B)

Before I had my daughter I was a gym junkie... I used to ride my bike to the gym every morning and do a full workout then I would go to work and ride home then three days a week I would add on going to martial arts sessions where the warm up was 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100, squats then running then an hour or two of training then the same for warm downs...

Now ... it is a different story.. hehe

Actually I still walk everywhere but I only do about half an hour exercise in the morning and sometimes play a game of basketball with the local kids...

I breastfeed and for some reason it makes me pretty tired all the time so I really have to push myself now but before I was addicted to exercise... I kinda wish I was still but now I'm a bit more whatever about it...

as for food - I mostly eat whatever I like as long as I cook it in my own kitchen - I recon if you bake cakes and sweets yourself then you are less likely to eat them too often!

As for medical things I have to have blood tests all the time to make sure that a molar pregnancy I had a couple of months back has gone away (because it can turn cancerous) ... other than that I have no medical problems that I know about....

Hi 'lzfan715'

Good for you girl, 16lbs is fantastic, well done.

I look at it this way, in Nature all the Fat animals like Elephants, Hippo's, Giant Tortoises, live between 80 and 250+ years, while all the skinny ones like Gazelles, Stick Insects, Cheeters, all die young, less than 10 years. Makes you think dosen't it? ;)

Regards, Danny

Thanks!

I've always been very health conscious, and have always worked out. I work in the physical therapy field, so it's second nature for me to push myself, as well as patients, to achieve the most optimal results. I'm a vegetarian and try to run at least 3 miles every day...Doesn't always work out, but I do what I can. I don't do it for weight control, but it just makes me feel great and helps me to clear my head and calm me down.

I've tried to give up caffeine many times, only to come back to it. It's been very hard, and I simply can't function in the morning without it. I avoid aspartame at all costs...It makes me very anxious and uncomfortable. The only other thing that might not be so good is that I like to drink, but sometimes that is a necessary evil... ;) I do drink red and white wine on occasion, if I'm in the mood for it, so that makes it seem a little more healthy...LOL

I'm also pretty good about keeping up with supplements. I take a multivitamin and Omega 3.

I'm feeling kinda anemic, so not overly healthy at the moment. It's my fault, though, I hate eating meats-which are the best source of iron...

Sounds like you need a honkin' slab of liver Bonnie! ... :drool: mmmmmmmm...liver...

:lol:

I'm feeling kinda anemic, so not overly healthy at the moment. It's my fault, though, I hate eating meats-which are the best source of iron...

Do you like eggs, shellfish, salmon, tuna or oysters? Other good sources of iron: green leafy vegetables (spinach, broccoli, collards are good ones), lentils, beans, tofu, nuts, potatoes, wheat and oats. You really don't need "meat" to get enough iron in your diet. If you are anemic (get a blood test to find out) you may need an iron supplement or just a multivitamin.

B complex deficiency can also be a source of anemia. You might want to take a supplement of that as well. I don't eat meat so I get my iron from vegetables, soy, nuts etc.

I'm not so healthy lately. I've just had to go through breaking up with someone and I've lost sleep, and haven't eaten over it, resulting in weight loss. I need to start working on moving on and getting healthy again.

Hey man, I've been there...of course I don't know what your situation is but I can tell you that exercise is a good reliever of stress. Its just a suggestion, I'm not trying to be a health Nazi. Best of luck to you!

Do you like eggs, shellfish, salmon, tuna or oysters? Other good sources of iron: green leafy vegetables (spinach, broccoli, collards are good ones), lentils, beans, tofu, nuts, potatoes, wheat and oats. You really don't need "meat" to get enough iron in your diet. If you are anemic (get a blood test to find out) you may need an iron supplement or just a multivitamin.

I'm sure I will end up doing that. I just dread getting bloodwork done. They don't always hit the vein the first time, and it can really hurt. And then you bruise. Sometimes, you drip blood for a while after....it's just sooo unpleasant. I can't watch it, either...

Bonnie, I ahve the same blood work problems. My biggest problem was the looking thing and when they put it in because it's painful. I've found that it's best if you have someone sit by you on the opposite side of the person taking blood and have them talk to you. I also ask the person taking my blood to not tell me whne they put it in.