how healthy

peppermint

The exercise is really key for me; I feel so much better when I exercise, eat well and limit caffeine. Suddenly after turning 40, I feel crappy if I don't exercise; whereas it wasn't a problem before. Plus I have high blood pressure now (also after turning 40) so I have to exercise for that too.

There are still some things I could do better, though (snacking, remembering to take my vitamins, and I really need to go 4-5x/wk to the gym, at least for cardio).

.....After 40, it is most important to exercise, especially weight training, I have much better posture....Cardio will reduce weight quickly, but added stress on your knees will slow you down eventually, stick to weight training as in upper body/lower body alternating, as one of the options..

although, I have never weighed more than 100 lbs, at 5'4"....except when I had children...but now I find I need to increase weight training to keep muscle tone...but once you start a routine, staying consistent, as in timing, does bring results..

Of course, diet is equally important, but not at the expense of depriving your self, lower portions, but the BEST, works for me....(I eat everything that I like, all meat, chocos's etc...)

P.S.: if anyone interested, OXYGEN magazine, March 2009 issue has a interesting 7 routines to choose from...Ie. If you want to train ABS...then there is all body work out plan focusing on the abs, same for SHOULDERS, etc... (this does help you to focus on one muscle group at a time)....

Happy Health living'

I'm sure I will end up doing that. I just dread getting bloodwork done. They don't always hit the vein the first time, and it can really hurt. And then you bruise. Sometimes, you drip blood for a while after....it's just sooo unpleasant. I can't watch it, either...

Try Ensure with Calcium Shakes. Now they started calling these things "Shakes" without the proper ingredients. But if you take one of these, add two or three scoops of ice cream you have a vitamin enriched shake that you can't taste the vitamins in :) I like the Vanilla, add a few Vanilla shavings and your off.

Try two a day until you feel better.

:thumbsup:

Archived