Fans outside the 02 on the 10th of Dec.

The Night of the Concert

There will be thousands of fans outside the O2 just to hang out and feel the Vibe.

When Zeppelin hits the stage inside it will be sheer chaos outside...hope they're ready for what may be a very touchy situation.

Too many fans have waited for that moment and the energy will simply be unlike anything the O2 folks have ever, or will ever, seen.

Ought to be a security nightmare. It's just too big.

The Night of the Concert

There will be thousands of fans outside the O2 just to hang out and feel the Vibe.

When Zeppelin hits the stage inside it will be sheer chaos outside...hope they're ready for what may be a very touchy situation.

Too many fans have waited for that moment and the energy will simply be unlike anything the O2 folks have ever, or will ever, seen.

Ought to be a security nightmare. It's just too big.

I just wish I could be there. :( :'(

i'm sure there'll be many folk congregating around the venue, and i expect the organisers know this too, which makes me wonder if they'll set up barriers on the perimeter, only allowing wristband wearers access.

what is the access to the dome like. are there areas within that non event goers can attend/visit, eg general bars etc, or is it a case of people standing outside as close to the venue as they can hoping some of the sound will leak out?

i haven't been there since the millenium exhibition thing and what a waste of money that was. however, thats another matter

I doubt people without tickets will want to be at the o2, it will only bring about the thought that they didnt get a ticket and they want to be inside the venue, so i wouldnt worry about it too much :)

I suppose that would be true if this were just another concert.. However, this is a HISTORICAL event and people, with or without tix, will want to be part of it in some way. Especially since there is no live feed coming from the concert for television or even pay-per-view for fans to flock to.

well i'm not thinking of going there myself, it'd be too painful, but it seems there are a few who are thinking of doing so. i'm just wondering if they aren't wasting their time, if there isnt access to anywhere near the venue without a ticket.

I have not been to the dome, but I found this information on their website:

Even if you don't have tickets to a specific event at The O2, the fabulous Entertainment Avenue is open for anyone to visit day and night. Like a small village – it covers over half our floor space at The O2 – the Avenue surrounds the arena and is packed with restaurants, bars, clubs and our fantastic 11 screen multiplex cinema, so it's the ideal place to be with your family or just hang out with mates. Whether you want to watch a movie, enjoy a good feed, get the cocktails in, lose it on the dance-floor or do all of the above... the Entertainment Avenue is where it's at.

With so many different business surrounding the arena I can't believe that they would restrict access to this area. I'm sure everything will be open to everyone except the actual o2 arena.

I have not been to the dome, but from I found this information on their website:

Even if you don't have tickets to a specific event at The O2, the fabulous Entertainment Avenue is open for anyone to visit day and night. Like a small village – it covers over half our floor space at The O2 – the Avenue surrounds the arena and is packed with restaurants, bars, clubs and our fantastic 11 screen multiplex cinema, so it's the ideal place to be with your family or just hang out with mates. Whether you want to watch a movie, enjoy a good feed, get the cocktails in, lose it on the dance-floor or do all of the above... the Entertainment Avenue is where it's at.

With so many different business surrounding the arena I can't believe that they would restrict access to this area. I'm sure everything will be open to everyone except the actual o2 arena.

Wow, good post Herck...looks like the "Entertainment Ave" is in for a real treat...thousands of crazed Zep fans w/o tickets looking for "entertainment"...ya-hoo!

(Anyone remember the riots outside Zep arenas in the '70's?...but we're all older and wiser now - aren't we?)

Wow, good post Herck...looks like the "Entertainment Ave" is in for a real treat...thousands of crazed Zep fans w/o tickets looking for "entertainment"...ya-hoo!

(Anyone remember the riots outside Zep arenas in the '70's?...but we're all older and wiser now - aren't we?)

I'm sure there will also be quite a few people on Entertainment Ave. shopping, dining, etc.. that haven't even heard about the show. They will be wondering why it's so busy on a Monday!

As has been noted elsewhere in the forums, at least one thing apart from the O2 will definitely be open. The Vue cinema inside the complex will be showing a Led Zeppelin movie. It's not hard to imagine that everyone that's going to see that would rather be next door!

Without doubt all the other stuff around the O2 will be open too.

I suspect there will be a lot more than 20,000 people in the area that night....

Ah, man, it's going to be a love-in of amazing proportions!

:wub::cheer::yay::drunk::hippy:

We shall be there on the night outside, if they do not let ud near so be it !! but we are going up whatever and with planet rock doing a broadcast outside the arena that night, it should be fun !!

This is why one show is not enough. The whole place is going to be a Madhouse. :blink:

That's the whole thing...what in the world was everyone associated with this concert thinking?

Talk about "under-estimating" this event! It may unfortunately become a debacle. Think about it - a probable once in a lifetime event, terribly under planned for the amount of fans expected to be there tickets or not, in a venue that is also showing a NEW Zeppelin movie of Best of Live Zep next door, fans with a passion for their heros - yes, HEROS, milling about groovin' on various substances, and will anyone be surprised if it all goes freakin' out of control? Are you serious!

London calling - yep, more like London screaming!

Don't kid yourself, Zeppelin fever will be rampant and no one will be able to contain themselves on the 10th of December.

I don't even have a ticket, nor live in the U.K., and the parties being planned here in the U.S. are beyond enormous! I have my DJ Club sound system ready to go and plan to paly loud and to whomever wants to have our own Celebration Day!

Not for Led Zeppelin. But, at a Rolling Stones sold out show (Exile On Main Street Tour, I believe) in Bloomington, MN, we were tear gassed by PIGS outside the Met Center. They were in full riot gear; masks, billy clubs and busting heads to boot. It was horrible, and still makes me angry to think about it. :rant: Brutalizing young kids! :shame: :shame:

The Vue cinema inside the complex will be showing a Led Zeppelin movie.

Led Zeppelin: The Best of Live? Wow, I've never heard of this? What is it? Is it on DVD?

Oh for Christsakes enough, already. It's a concert. No more, no less.

The sun will come up the next day just like it always has.

What a stupid post. Middle aged men in a large corporate arena will behave exactly as they normally do. There will be no riots. Besides, non ticket holders won't be able to get anywhere near the arena itself, which is inside the inner section, which cannot be accessed without a ticket. There are 'turnstile' like narrow entry points which are well staffed, and then further entry points into the arena once you are inside the inner section.

Archived