"Live Zeppelin Collection?" and a question

s6270

I was just looking at the Wikipedia article" Upcoming Albums and saw "Live Zeppelin Collection" I had not known about this and I don't know if you do or not, but apparently Zeppelin was/are going to release 3 shows in CD/DVD Sets (sort of like what Genesis is doing with their catalog) these shows are:

* Volume 1: Earl's Court is set for release on 9th January 2008.

* Volume 2: BBC & Beyond is set for release on 8th July 2008.

* Volume 3: Knebworth is set for release on 15th October 2008.

Do any of you know if this is still going to happen? Also, should the O2 Reunion be part of these releases? And finally, if you could decide which shows would be released, which would you chose?

Well, it's Wikipedia, which anyone can add to or edit, so it's not gospel. I've heard nothing about any of these releases, so unless you hear something officially from the band or Atlantic Records, I'd say it's wishful thinking and speculation. Notice the release date for Earl's Court is January 8, 2008, which is already past...

Well, it's Wikipedia, which anyone can add to or edit, so it's not gospel. I've heard nothing about any of these releases, so unless you hear something officially from the band or Atlantic Records, I'd say it's wishful thinking and speculation. Notice the release date for Earl's Court is January 8, 2008, which is already past...

Yeah...

Thats what I was thinking.

I didnt know if they were going to do this before the reunion was announced and before Mothership, etc.

But this would be GREAT

I'd really like to see this happen once the buzz about the reunion and the Plant Krauss Tour is done.

Possibly, this could happen as a promotion of a reunion tour! :lol:

Rumour or not, why is it always about the BBC, Earls Court or Knebworth?

BBC is alright, Earls Court has it´s highlights but nothing special (and Page´s finger was still recovering), Knebworth might have been a moving event but musically embarassing to a certain extent. For christ´s sake there were so many better shows...

Rumour or not, why is it always about the BBC, Earls Court or Knebworth?

BBC is alright, Earls Court has it´s highlights but nothing special (and Page´s finger was still recovering), Knebworth might have been a moving event but musically embarassing to a certain extent. For christ´s sake there were so many better shows...

How is Knebworth 8/4 even remotely embarrassing??? :blink:

Well, the guys look really tired, Jimmy´s playing is loose and erratic and his fingers move really, really slowly. It´s really painful for me to watch the DVD. I wasn´t aware of that but the ´80 tour had better moments.

I would really love to see a proper release of Blueberry Hill or Europe ´73 or MSG ´75. THIS would be really awesome!

Why is it always about the BBC, Earls Court or Knebworth?

Primarily because professional recordings of those shows are known to exist. There are

many great performances which were not professionally recorded and as such unlikely

to ever be released beyond trader's networks and the bootleg market.

I would really love to see a proper release of Blueberry Hill

There was a jam at The Troubador with Fairport Convention (who were recording a live album) immediately after that LA Forum show. The mastertape(s) never resurfaced but producer Joe Boyd said he believes it is buried somewhere in Polydor's vault.

I don't know either. The band certainly had been away from live performances for over 2yrs at the time. I can be critical of some tours etc. I've seen them live enough to be a little judgemental. I don't think Knebworth was the worst and, given the magnitude of all the negative things prior to this show,

I would rate it high for gut's and glory

There was a jam at The Troubador with Fairport Convention (who were recording a live album) immediately after that LA Forum show. The mastertape(s) never resurfaced but producer Joe Boyd said he believes it is buried somewhere in Polydor's vault.

I have to old Proximity paper mag that has that complete story in it laying around somewhere....

Boyd says Bonzo wasn't there(already left for hawaii) but the Fairport drummer claims that Bonzo did infact play because his drum heads were severely dented!....Peter Grant yelling at the waitress when she was taking thier drinks away because of a curfew. "you got to be kidding me".....lol

who knows :(

Archived