Jimmy and Krissie Wood

aen27

Does anyone one know anything else other than they went off and they lived together for a while at Tower House? It sounds a little odd, but kind of romantic, too. I was just curious, as Ron Wood doesn't go into much of it in his book.

Does anyone one know anything else other than they went off and they lived together for a while at Tower House? It sounds a little odd, but kind of romantic, too. I was just curious, as Ron Wood doesn't go into much of it in his book.

Jimmy was visiting Ronnie at his home (The Wick) on Richmond Hill in Richmond and Ronnie apparently fell asleep while he was there so Jimmy ran off with Ronnie's wife.

This would have been Autumn 1974. He wouldn't have kept her long, seeing as his

long-time companion Charlotte Martin (Scarlett's Mum) was waiting at home for him

in Plumpton. Charlotte is also one reason why Jimmy never took Lori back to England.

Oh? From what I understood, they left together after a dinner party? leaving Ron and Charlotte together. Which is when Charlotte and Scarlet moved to the bookstore. Ron says that Krissie told him finally that she loved Jimmy and wanted to divorce (Ron). That she and Jimmy lived together for a few months (most of the time only wearing a sheet) while Ron had an affair with Pattie Boyd. Maybe it's shorter than it sounds? I also read somewhere she was seen with Jimmy at Kembworth, though I know he arrived with Charlotte in the helocopter. Poor Jimmy! It even sounds complicated!

Oh? From what I understood, they left together after a dinner party? leaving Ron and Charlotte together. Which is when Charlotte and Scarlet moved to the bookstore. Ron says that Krissie told him finally that she loved Jimmy and wanted to divorce (Ron). That she and Jimmy lived together for a few months (most of the time only wearing a sheet) while Ron had an affair with Pattie Boyd. Maybe it's shorter than it sounds? I also read somewhere she was seen with Jimmy at Kembworth, though I know he arrived with Charlotte in the helocopter. Poor Jimmy! It even sounds complicated!

Doesn't sound plausible to me at all. He'd essentially broken up with Lori just six months prior in Los Angeles, recorded 'Scarlet' with Keith Richards, Rich Grech and drummer Rich Rowland at Olympic Studios on October 16th 1974, and Ronnie jammed with Zeppelin in New York the following February. No hard feelings it would seem, but I don't see Jimmy relegating Charlotte and 3-yr-old Scarlet to The Equinox, (which by the way I don't recall having existed in 1974). Perhaps if you could cite a source? As for Patti Boyd, everybody slept with her.

I can tell you Jimmy, Ronnie, Eric Clapton and Pete Townsend attended Krissie's funeral

at Mortlake Cemetary in London on June 27th 2005.

It may have been from Hammer of the Gods I think, about the Equinox, which is why the timing may seem off. When did Jimmy open it? How long was it open? I'm not certain. That's interesting he went to her funeral.

Former rock 'n' roll wife riffs on lovers

By: KATE MICKERE

A & E Staff Writer

Wonderful Tonight

By Patti Boyd with Penny Junor

Harmony Books

Many people fantasize about living the rock 'n' roll lifestyle. Imagine writing a hit song, experiencing the thrill of performing in front of screaming fans and making millions of dollars.

Few people, however, pause to think about the people that inspire these rock 'n' rollers. What would it be like to be a muse? Pattie Boyd tells readers how she inspired some of rock's most memorable songs in her autobiography, "Wonderful Tonight."

Known primarily for being the wife of two legendary guitar heroes, George Harrison and Eric Clapton, Boyd spent most of her lifetime in the shadow of her famous men. The book begins slowly, describing the muse's early years living in Kenya. Growing up in a broken home, Boyd had a rough time until she emerged as one of the top fashion models in London during the swinging '60s.

Boyd's life forever changed when she met George Harrison on the set of the Beatles film "A Hard Day's Night" - Harrison proposed to the model the day he met her. While they didn't immediately marry, Boyd was soon flung into the Beatles' madcap world of screaming fans, drugs and smothering fame. She learned to step out of the spotlight and stand by her husband's side. He was frequently distracted by drugs and women, though.

Boyd gives us plenty of juicy stories about the private lives of the Beatles. Multiple Beatles biographers have often covered her stories, but hearing these infamous tales from Boyd's point of view can be interesting, even if they seem a little biased.

One of the sweetest parts of the book is when Boyd describes how Harrison wrote the hit song "Something" for her. Today, "Something" is the most covered love song of all time. James Brown and Frank Sinatra recorded George Harrison's favorite versions, but Boyd's favorite version of the song was the one he played for her at their kitchen table.

Because of a few years of neglect and infidelity, Boyd left the handsome Harrison for Eric Clapton, who had been pursuing her for some time. Clapton would write beautiful and passionate letters to Boyd. His frantic, lusty pursuit inspired one his most popular ballads, "Layla."

Boyd spent the next 10 years with Clapton, putting up with his heroin use, alcoholism and rampant infidelities. She kept finding excuses to stay in her abusive marriage until she discovered that Clapton had secretly impregnated two other women during his times on tour.

Throughout "Wonderful Tonight" we realize that rock stars like the Beatles and Eric Clapton lived like adult children. After she divorced Clapton in the late '80s, Boyd realized that she would actually have to pay bills. She didn't pay her first electricity bill until her late 40s. Members of rock royalty never had to think for themselves as they had employees and "yes men" to do all their business for them.

While Pattie Boyd spent much of her life in gorgeous mansions or vacationing with the rock 'n' roll elite, she really lived a sad existence. She lived like a child, being told how to live and stand beside her powerful husbands. She was often lonely and turned to alcohol and drugs for help. She rarely stood up for herself, and her lack of confidence allowed others to control her life.

"Wonderful Tonight" is a very interesting read for fans of classic rock. Boyd takes us to places that the fans and media have never seen before. An avid photographer, Boyd fills the book with never before seen pictures of her rock star home life.

The book is sometimes poorly written, however, with Boyd often failing to give proper insight into her life. She frequently will devote a paragraph to discussing her favorite dress rather than telling us about more eventful stories, like the Beatles breakup. "Wonderful Tonight" gives us an excellent view into the world of rock 'n' roll, but it might be a view that we're unwilling to see.

It's not all inclusive and I'm sure you have; there's at least two on this board alone

you have argued with endlessly concerning your private affairs = -_-

I do not want to speak with you, you seem to know everything and in your knowledge you also love to put people down,I don t want to argue with you thank you very much.

I don't see Jimmy relegating Charlotte and 3-yr-old Scarlet to The Equinox, (which by the way I don't recall having existed in 1974). Perhaps if you could cite a source?

This was reported in the George Case book, but I don't think he cited a source.

This was reported in the George Case book, but I don't think he cited a source.

Well, the George Case book also says Jimmy wore a dragon suit in 1973 :rolleyes: .

A mistake in the book concerning the extent of the relationship between Jimmy and Ronnie's wife (and it's affect on the families), if in fact a mistake exists, is almost

certainly going to result from a failure to substantiate beyond a reasonable doubt.

I haven't confirmed the opening and closing dates of The Equinox yet. I do know he

had only leased the space and it closed when the lease expired. Perhaps a year or

two, closing in 1979? That's just a guess at the moment! Was just up the road from Tower House (addresses undisclosed here). A very short walk.

I have a book called "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Rock" by Nick Logan & Bob Wofffinden of NME published in 1977 that says "the guitarist also owns an occult bookshop- Equinox, in Holland Street, Kensington, London", so your estimate of about when it was open is probably right.

I have a book called "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Rock" by Nick Logan & Bob Wofffinden of NME published in 1977 that says "the guitarist also owns an occult bookshop- Equinox, in Holland Street, Kensington, London", so your estimate of about when it was open is probably right.

Thanks as always, Stargroves! Another piece of the Equinox puzzle falls into place.

Ever onward towards the precise dates!

I guess that constitutes "everyone".

Knebby, if my wife was sleeping with anyone other than me, I might be inclined to say that she was sleeping with everyone. I'm sure Patty Boyd is a very nice girl, Just not a very faithful one

Knebby, if my wife was sleeping with anyone other than me, I might be inclined to say that she was sleeping with everyone. I'm sure Patty Boyd is a very nice girl, Just not a very faithful one

Well, Eric and George weren't too faithful either!! :lol:

Those were the days of free love!

I'm going to guess that Equinox was opened in 1974. Jimmy met Kenneth Anger at Sotheby's Auction while buying books for his vast collection in 1973 and it was the height of his interest in Crowley's works. I'll keep looking.....

The first part of this is in that bastion of truthfulness, HOTG (226-8). If memory serves, though, Bebe Buell confirms at least part of it in her autobiography.

Howard Mylett has a bit about the shop in Tangents Within a Framework. He says the shop closed when the lease expired in 1979. One of the first books published by Equinox, Isabel Hickey's Astrology: A Cosmic Science (absolutely marvelous book, btw) has a 1975 publication date, so clearly the shop was in existence by then.

Ally, you sem to be completely ignoring the actions of the men in this picture.

Also, last I looked Steve wasn't married to Patti.

No way around it, that was a terrible thing to say, whoever said it.

Ally, you sem to be completely ignoring the actions of the men in this picture.

Also, last I looked Steve wasn't married to Patti.

No way around it, that was a terrible thing to say, whoever said it.

No, I'm not. They're worse. I think the statement is pretty widely used as a generalization. What would ya call it then ? :)

No, I'm not. They're worse. I think the statement is pretty widely used as a generalization. What would ya call it then ? :)

Truthfuly Ally I don't know what statement you mean, but as for Patti's lovelife and that of the men in her life, I'd just call it reflective of the times, the substances, and the people they hung about with. I'm old and wise enough now to know that judging someone else's life and relationships is foolish. Patti certainly still has a lot of respect among the circles she mixed in.

:beer:

The book is sometimes poorly written, however, with Boyd often failing to give proper insight into her life. She frequently will devote a paragraph to discussing her favorite dress rather than telling us about more eventful stories, like the Beatles breakup.

She has that in common with her ex-husband then :) I just finished Clapton's autobiography, and was amused that he often went into great detail about his clothes and home furnishings, but -- whether through discretion or indifference -- would only say a sentence or two about his various bandmates.

Anyway, I think it's incredibly unfair to criticize Pattie Boyd for having the occasional affair. Saintly George and Eric cheated on her relentlessly.

Archived