Jimmy and Krissie Wood

aen27

Truthfuly Ally I don't know what statement you mean, but as for Patti's lovelife and that of the men in her life, I'd just call it reflective of the times, the substances, and the people they hung about with. I'm old and wise enough now to know that judging someone else's life and relationships is foolish. Patti certainly still has a lot of respect among the circles she mixed in.

:beer:

Well, I don't judge either. I lived through the times myself :blink::D I was a bit of a lounge lizard in those day's B) Just joking Kneb. Gotta go, my girlfriend is calling me :D

One of the first books published by Equinox, Isabel Hickey's Astrology: A Cosmic Science (absolutely marvelous book, btw) has a 1975 publication date, so clearly the shop was in existence by then.

Many thanks for that! To me, it's not necessarily clear the shop was open based on that publication date, but it is now clear the publishing arm of Equinox was up and running by 1975. Again, I thank you for this Allison and will keep an eye out for that book.

I just finished Clapton's autobiography, and was amused that he often went into great detail about his clothes and home furnishings, but -- whether through discretion or indifference -- would only say a sentence or two about his various bandmates.

Anyway, I think it's incredibly unfair to criticize Pattie Boyd for having the occasional affair. Saintly George and Eric cheated on her relentlessly.

Eric's book is abysmal. A massive disappointment. Lori Del Santo provides far more insight into EC without even trying.

I for one never criticized Pattie for anything but it's become a storm in a teacup here.

Na, no storm. I was just having some fun with Knebby. I agree with her point as far as the guy's were no better. Fun old day's they were. I'll have to read the book.

Eric's book is abysmal. A massive disappointment. Lori Del Santo provides far more insight into EC without even trying.

I for one never criticized Pattie for anything but it's become a storm in a teacup here.

Lori del Santo wrote a book too? Crikey, everyone's getting into it. I expect to hear from Eric's bizarre fortune-teller lady any day now :) Steve, do you remember that part of the book? A complete stranger from America who would call Eric and have him do these strange rituals, and he would do it.

Lori del Santo wrote a book too? Crikey, everyone's getting into it. I expect to hear from Eric's bizarre fortune-teller lady any day now :) Steve, do you remember that part of the book? A complete stranger from America who would call Eric and have him do these strange rituals, and he would do it.

Lori hasn't written a book so far as I know, but she has discussed her relationship with

him extensively. Her insights into little Conner's death are so painful one feels ashamed to have the knowledge.

Pattie Boyd, Lori Del Santo, Yoko Ono, Jerry Hall...fascinating women, all.

Oh? From what I understood, they left together after a dinner party? leaving Ron and Charlotte together. Which is when Charlotte and Scarlet moved to the bookstore. Ron says that Krissie told him finally that she loved Jimmy and wanted to divorce (Ron). That she and Jimmy lived together for a few months (most of the time only wearing a sheet) while Ron had an affair with Pattie Boyd. Maybe it's shorter than it sounds? I also read somewhere she was seen with Jimmy at Kembworth, though I know he arrived with Charlotte in the helocopter. Poor Jimmy! It even sounds complicated!

Yeah, I read all that as well in Bebe's book. :D

Yeah, I read all that as well in Bebe's book. :D

Interesting, particularly as it was Bebe Buell who Lori found Jimmy in bed with after the

Swan Song launch in Los Angeles in May 1974. I'll have to get her book and see if she

recalls that and her take on what went on at The Wick.

Interesting, particularly as it was Bebe Buell who Lori found Jimmy in bed with after the

Swan Song launch in Los Angeles in May 1974. I'll have to get her book and see if she

recalls that and her take on what went on at The Wick.

Yeah she mentions some hair pulling that went on if I remember correctly. :lol:

And yes, she talks about Jimmy running off with Krissie Wood as well. I seriously can't remember the exact story though anymore.

So funny we're talking about Bebe though because as I type this Nazz's video for Open My Eyes just came on VH1 Classic. :lol: (you know, the Todd Rundgren/Bebe connection and all)

Steve, it is not a storm in a teacup when people disagree with you or point out that you have made a distasteful comment. You are not the master of the forum and everyone around here has a right to answer your comments. I wasn't rude to you and didn't carry out an argument with you or an attack on you. If you didn't make such a fuss every time anyone answered you, the weather would be a lot calmer around here.

Steve, it is not a storm in a teacup when people disagree with you or point out that you have made a distasteful comment. You are not the master of the forum and everyone around here has a right to answer your comments. I wasn't rude to you and didn't carry out an argument with you or an attack on you. If you didn't make such a fuss every time anyone answered you, the weather would be a lot calmer around here.

Here, Here :cheer:

The comment in question was a commonly used generalization which was taken literally.

Then it was taken as a criticism of Ms. Boyd. I do regret it was posted in the first place as it has only brought what I'll call a storm in a teacup. I agree you have neither argued nor been discourteous toward me in this matter. My sincere apologies to anyone whom may have been offended.

No great offence taken by me anyway - and I think we can happily move back to gossip about 60s and 70s celebs now Steve. ^_^

Lord alone knows what People mag would have looked like back then. If we thought they were bad, we ended up with Britney.

;)

I think we can happily move back to gossip about 60s and 70s celebs now Steve. ^_^

Lord alone knows what People mag would have looked like back then. If we thought they were bad, we ended up with Britney.

;)

Agreed.

Whatever their faults the celebrities of yesteryear are far more compelling/sophisticated than say Britney Spears, for example. The lives they lead seem so much more authentic.

Warhol was right when he said in the future everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes.

And, oh yes, Patti Boyd also had an affair with Jimmy Page. Mentioned in Wikipedia and other sources.

Where did you see that? Pattie does say in her book she thought George was having an affair with Charlotte while she was staying with them.

Yes. They all ran in the same circles.

I was wondering if in this excerpt, Boyd was talking about Charlotte Martin, as you alluded to above.--

"No woman was out of bounds. I was friendly with a French girl who was going out with Eric Clapton. When she and Eric broke up, she came to stay with us at our house, Kinfauns, in Esher, Surrey.

She didn't seem remotely upset about Eric and was uncomfortably close to George. Something was going on between them but when I questioned George he told me my imagination was running away with me, that I was paranoid.

I left to stay with friends and within days George phoned to say the girl had gone. I returned home but I was shocked that he could do such a thing to me. I felt unloved and miserable..."

Many thanks for that! To me, it's not necessarily clear the shop was open based on that publication date, but it is now clear the publishing arm of Equinox was up and running by 1975. Again, I thank you for this Allison and will keep an eye out for that book.

My sources claim that the lease was purchased in 1975, but the shop did not open until 1976. The publishing house and the Equinox were separate entities. The publishing house operated well before the Equinox opened.

Pattie does say in her book she thought George was having an affair with Charlotte while she was staying with them.

...an affair with Charlotte before or after January 9th 1970, the date Eric Clapton introduced her to Jimmy backstage at the Royal Albert Hall?

Probably before, because she had just broken off with Clapton. Later, it was Roger Daltry and his girlfriend who introduced her to Jimmy, not Clapton.

It is true Roger & Heather Daltry were there but they attended with Eric and Charlotte.

Archived