MÖTLEY CRÜE To Make 'Colossal' Announcement In April

It would be alot more interesting if this thread was about where Tommy Lee's schlong was parking itself.

Big enough to fit a double wide, that's for sure.

Don't bring Kid Rock into this.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sorry;I didn't intend to waste bandwidth,but that was fuckin' funny.

Carry on....

Is there a bandwidth shortage? Last I heard text doesn't take up much (if any) space anyhow... I wouldn't worry about it.

Not that I know of;but I know how off-the-cuff comments like the one I made can sometimes annoy people who would tell me I have "nothing to contribute to the thread".

So;here's my contribution:I think Motley Crue is a joke.

....and I doubt Pamela Anderson could even feel anything.The phrase "hot dog down a hallway" comes to mind.

Edited by 59LesPaul

Not that I know of;but I know how off-the-cuff comments like the one I made can sometimes annoy people who would tell me I have "nothing to contribute to the thread".

So;here's my contribution:I think Motley Crue is a joke.

....and I doubt Pamela Anderson could even feel anything.The phrase "hot dog down a hallway" comes to mind.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I like a couple of their songs. My wife made me go see them back in 2001, and they weren't too bad. Lee wasn't there, the drummer from Hole took his place. She played well, and was much more fun to look at.

But you won't find one of their CD's in my collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Motley Crue, 'Saints of Los Angeles' - Song Premiere

It's been more than a decade, but all four original members of Mötley Crüe are back together in full force. 'Saints of Los Angeles' is the lead single off the notorious rock band's new album, 'The Dirt,' due July 8. With its powerhouse hook, the track aims to prove that the gang is still on top of its game, rocking harder than ever.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/04/11/motley-c...-song-premiere/

Motley Crue, 'Saints of Los Angeles' - Song Premiere

It's been more than a decade, but all four original members of Mötley Crüe are back together in full force. 'Saints of Los Angeles' is the lead single off the notorious rock band's new album, 'The Dirt,' due July 8. With its powerhouse hook, the track aims to prove that the gang is still on top of its game, rocking harder than ever.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/04/11/motley-c...-song-premiere/

Wow! That is one of the biggest announcements ever!!! :blink:

LOL, this thread became quite funny to read..

On a serious note, I will have to admit being a big fan of the old Mötley Crüe stuff. Too Fast For Love (especially the original Leathür release) and Shout At The Devil are excellent 80's "glam metal". What Mötley Crüe was all about was party and get laid, can't blame them for not succeeding either.. The Dirt is one of the best rock'n'roll biographies I've ever read. Nikki Sixx is a very sympathetic person and he sure knows how to write a catchy song. I also like the album they did with singer John Corbi (or whatever his name was..).

On a serious note, I will have to admit being a big fan of the old Mötley Crüe stuff. Too Fast For Love (especially the original Leathür release) and Shout At The Devil are excellent 80's "glam metal". What Mötley Crüe was all about was party and get laid

The Dirt is one of the best rock'n'roll biographies I've ever read. I also like the album they did with singer John Corbi (or whatever his name was..).

John Corabi, Swede.. :) I didn't like that line up, though. To me it wasn't the Crue without Vince Neil.

It's like Van Halen with Sammy Hagar and Van Halen with Diamond Dave. Another flavor..

Motley Crue was a good rock band back in the 80's. Probably more famous for their backstage antics and their over the limit lifestyle, but surely out of that glam metal bands (Poison, Ratt, etc to name a few) they were the best. As for all the partying, sex and drugs, tell me which rock band wasn't into that back then... B)

Agree with you: The Dirt is really an excellent read, one of the best rock biographies.

John Corabi, Swede.. :) I didn't like that line up, though. To me it wasn't the Crue without Vince Neil.

It's like Van Halen with Sammy Hagar and Van Halen with Diamond Dave. Another flavor..

Motley Crue was a good rock band back in the 80's. Probably more famous for their backstage antics and their over the limit lifestyle, but surely out of that glam metal bands (Poison, Ratt, etc to name a few) they were the best. As for all the partying, sex and drugs, tell me which rock band wasn't into that back then... B)

Agree with you: The Dirt is really an excellent read, one of the best rock biographies.

Thanks for correcting me, Corabi, yeah that's his name. I will have to agree with you that it doesn't feel like a Mötley Crüe album and it's two different bands. But I really like his voice and the songs are top notch. I think one have to listen to it unbiassed to appreciate it. I remember it got quite rave reviews at the time in some of the Metal magazines that was around, but today critics seem to resent it totally, which is kinda sad. He made an album with a band called The Scream before he joined Mötley, which I have never listened to, but sure would like to hear.

Thanks for correcting me, Corabi, yeah that's his name. I will have to agree with you that it doesn't feel like a Mötley Crüe album and it's two different bands. But I really like his voice and the songs are top notch. I think one have to listen to it unbiassed to appreciate it. I remember it got quite rave reviews at the time in some of the Metal magazines that was around, but today critics seem to resent it totally, which is kinda sad. He made an album with a band called The Scream before he joined Mötley, which I have never listened to, but sure would like to hear.

I guess the sound the Crue had with John Corabi was sort of grungy style more on line with that era, the early 90's. Interesting, but definitely not the Motley Crue essence. Corabi was still a good singer, though.With more musical credibility than Vince Neil, for sure! :D

I guess the sound the Crue had with John Corabi was sort of grungy style more on line with that era, the early 90's. Interesting, but definitely not the Motley Crue essence. Corabi was still a good singer, though.With more musical credibility than Vince Neil, for sure! :D

Yeah, and you wouldn't want anyone else than Vince behind the mic stand singing "you got the looks that kiiiill" :D

MÖTLEY CRÜE ANNOUNCES CRÜE FEST 2008:

Press Release / Los Angeles (April 15, 2008) ­ During a press conference held today in Los Angeles, Mötley Crüe, the world's most notorious rock band, revealed that this summer, they will bring the next generation of rock's superstars out on the road with them for what will undoubtedly be the hottest ticket of the year for rock fans: “Crüe Fest '08,” which will visit cities across the U.S. and Canada July through August.

Produced by Live Nation, Crüe Fest, a touring rock festival featuring the hottest names in rock and alternative, kicks off on July 1st, and will hit over 40 major North American cities by the end of August. As if fans getting to see a Mötley Crüe show were not enough, there is an impressive line-up for the first year of the tour which includes Buckcherry, Papa Roach, breakout rock artist Sixx:A.M., and alternative rock band Trapt. Tickets will go on sale via www.LiveNation.com beginning Friday or Saturday, depending on the market. Fans that can't wait for the on sale can get their tickets immediately by going to TheRockvine.com.

Says Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe, ”We are SO excited not only to headline our own annual summer festival, but also to be able to share the stage with the next generation of great rock bands. There's not a lot Mötley Crüe hasn't done so to say this summer's festival is going to be about rock 'n roll excess is an understatement. A night of hit songs by great bands and a trail of panties coast to coast… Crüe Fest, hell yeah!”

During the press conference, Mötley Crüe also announced that they will release Saints of Los Angeles, their first new studio album recorded with all of the original band members in over a decade, on June 17th.

Today's event featured the premiere of Mötley Crüe's brand new single, Saints Of Los Angeles, which the band played live during a brief but raucous performance. The song, which also includes backing vocals by Josh Todd (Buckcherry), Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach), James Michael (Sixx:A.M.) and Chris Brown (Trapt) is the title track of the new album. Lyrically, the new album follows the story of the band's NY Times best-selling memoir The Dirt, a no-holds-barred tell-all that features every gritty detail of the band's exploits as one of the world's biggest rock bands. The first single and video were serviced today to radio and television and the digital download was instantly made available for purchase at the iTunes Music Store. In an industry first, the song was also made available as a download for the Rock Band video game simultaneously with its single release.

Crüe Fest U.S./Canada Tour Dates:

July:

07.01.08 West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheatre

07.03.08 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre

07.05.08 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte

07.06.08 Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater

07.08.08 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

07.09.08 Buffalo, NY Darien Lake Performing Arts Center

07.10.08 Sarnia, ONT Bayfest

07.12.08 Philadelphia, PA Susquehanna Bank Center

07.13.08 Washington, DC Nissan Pavilion

07.15.08 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre

07.16.08 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

07.18.08 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center Indianapolis

07.19.08 Milwaukee, WI Marcus Amphitheater

07.20.08 St. Louis, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis

07.22.08 Houston, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

07.23.08 San Antonio, TX Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

07.24.08 Dallas, TX Superpages.com Center

07.26.08 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion

07.27.08 Denver, CO Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre

07.29.08 Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre

07.31.08 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavilion

August:

08.01.08 Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Events Center

08.02.08 Los Angeles, CA Glen Helen Pavilion

08.05.08 Sacramento, CA Sleep Train Pavilion

08.06.08 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View

08.08.08 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheatre

08.09.08 Portland, OR Rose Garden

08.11.08 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place

08.13.08 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

08.14.08 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome

08.15.08 Saskatoon, SK Credit Union Centre

08.17.08 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre

08.19.08 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Amphitheatre

08.20.08 Cleveland, OH Blossom Music Center

08.22.08 Boston, MA Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts

08.23.08 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center

08.24.08 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena

08.28.08 Toronto, ONT Molson Amphitheatre

08.29.08 Albany, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center

08.30.08 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain

08.31.08 Pittsburgh, PA Post-Gazette Pavilion

For more information on Mötley Crüe, please visit: www.motley.com and www.myspace.com/motleycrue.

Yeah, and you wouldn't want anyone else than Vince behind the mic stand singing "you got the looks that kiiiill" :D

:) or " I am too young to fall in love, much too young ...." hahaha . Vince the charmer.

please don't make me remember the good old days of these songs..