Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
guitarmy

Guitar Hero and Rock Band

The past few entries in each series (Guitar Hero and Rock Band) have only used original recordings. Cover Versions are the way of the dodo. And actually, this switch to masters-only is the direct reason why Zeppelin aren't in these games. Jimmy doesn't like handing them out to strangers, but understandably so. He's had a lot of tapes stolen from his home.

I wonder, why don't the game companies ask for live Zep? It would give Jimmy a perfect excuse to remaster some soundboards and maybe score us a new live album!

Yeah bring Jimmy and the rest to the studio to re-record it...

If he was going to go to the studio, he'd probably just bring the master tapes and watch them like a hawk.

Besides, who's gonna sing or play drums?

Yeah bring Jimmy and the rest to the studio to re-record it...

If he was going to go to the studio, he'd probably just bring the master tapes and watch them like a hawk.

Besides, who's gonna sing or play drums?

Maybe they could re-record all parts except vocals? It's just one tape. And of course Jason would record the drum parts!

All you have to do to solve the master tapes problem is to invite Jimmy to the studio with the tapes heavily guarded under lock and key

At all times, Jimmy who is heavily body guarded, has keys to the safe and no one can have access to the tapes without him.

The game studio can then record the master tapes one by one, for each song the want to do.

There also needs to be a contract in place to not change anything with the music, or to give Jimmy examples of what they are thinking of doing with the music.

Jimmy has the final say whether to include it in the game.

This makes sure that the game company caters to his needs and that the quality works out.

It's a risk because Jimmy could end up saying "no, I don't like what I see here". But the rewards far out weight the risk and are worth exploring.

Basically, the game company needs to dazzle Page and give him whatever he wants until the product is acceptable.

Sounds fair, right?

All you have to do to solve the master tapes problem is to invite Jimmy to the studio with the tapes heavily guarded under lock and key

At all times, Jimmy who is heavily body guarded, has keys to the safe and no one can have access to the tapes without him.

The game studio can then record the master tapes one by one, for each song the want to do.

There also needs to be a contract in place to not change anything with the music, or to give Jimmy examples of what they are thinking of doing with the music.

Jimmy has the final say whether to include it in the game.

This makes sure that the game company caters to his needs and that the quality works out.

It's a risk because Jimmy could end up saying "no, I don't like what I see here". But the rewards far out weight the risk and are worth exploring.

Basically, the game company needs to dazzle Page and give him whatever he wants until the product is acceptable.

Sounds fair, right?

Or, they could just work with Page cooperatively, rather than having him just stand there. Page must not be picky about changing the original sounds of songs. Case in point: Mothership. The songs on that compilation are mastered quite differently.

And this is why we need live recordings! I don't think Jimmy would be as picky with live masters.

Edited by MisterMcLov1n