FREE TIBET ! !

The Rover

Tibetans divided over protest strategy

Dalai Lama vows to quit if violence worsens, but youth voice frustration

DHARMSALA, India - Tibetan exiles saw a chance to put China on the spot ahead of the Beijing Olympics, but never expected their protests to spread to Tibet and turn violent. Now the Dalai Lama is threatening to quit if his people don’t return to peaceful resistance.

It’s a warning he has used before — telling Tibetans to return to peaceful protests during 1989 unrest — but this time it comes amid deep divisions within the Tibetan community between those who back his pacifist approach and an angry young generation that demands action.

While the situation inside Tibet remains unclear, much of the violence last week appears to have been committed by Tibetans against Han Chinese — a fact that troubles the 72-year-old Dalai Lama, who has long called for Tibetans to have significant autonomy within China.

“Whether we like it or not, we have to live together side by side,” the Dalai Lama told reporters Tuesday in the northern Indian hill town of Dharmsala, seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile. “We must oppose Chinese policy but not the Chinese. Not on a racist basis.”

Though fearful of a Chinese crackdown — he compared the plight of Tibetans to that of “a young deer in a tiger’s hands” — the Dalai Lama insisted he could not abide violence by his own people. Peaceful protest is the only way, he said.

He said that if the situation gets out of control, his “only option is to completely resign.”

An aide later clarified that the Dalai Lama meant he would step down as the political leader of the exile government — not as the supreme religious leader of Tibetan Buddhists.

*source*

--------------

g-080318-cvr-tibet-5p.grid-4x2.jpg

young frustrated Tibetans ^

displeased/concerned Dalai Lama >

par1825411.rp350x350.jpg

:unsure:

Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung Om Mane Padme Hung ....

What's with the personal attacks Gansbarre? Didn't you get a copy of the posting rules here? You want I should send you the link? You looking to get banned or something? Because just say the word and I'll have your account pulled and you sent to the nether region of cyber-space faster than you can say "member of the dissenters."

Fair enough bud?

Let's try to keep this discussion on track and leave out the personal rancor and follow the rules around here.

Oh I see....

So it's okay for you to be personal, and attack people and say whatever the hell you like, and be rude and offensive, but when someone's doing it to you, you start to throw you power around saying you're gonna get me banned.

Don't mess with you eh? Or you'll teach me a lesson? Get me banned?

Christ, you're pathetic

Calls Mount for Olympic Ceremony Boycott

Mar 18, 6:04 PM (ET)

By JOHN LEICESTER

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080318/D8VG3QDG0.html

PARIS (AP) - Moves to punish China over its handling of violence in Tibet gained momentum Tuesday, with a novel suggestion for a mini-boycott of the Beijing Olympics by VIPs at the opening ceremony.

Such a protest by world leaders would be a huge slap in the face for China's Communist leadership.

France's outspoken foreign minister, former humanitarian campaigner Bernard Kouchner, said the idea "is interesting."

Kouchner said he wants to discuss it with other foreign ministers from the 27-nation European Union next week. His comments opened a crack in what until now had been solid opposition to a full boycott, a stance that Kouchner said remains the official government position.

The idea of skipping the Aug. 8 opening ceremony "is less negative than a general boycott," Kouchner said. "We are considering it."

Asked about Kouchner's statement, China's U.N. Ambassador Wang Guangya said: "Certainly I think what he said is not shared by most of the people in the world."

International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge said last month that he expects many heads of state - including President Bush, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicolas Sarkozy - to attend the opening ceremony.

Such an opening ceremony boycott presumably would not include the athletes, who under Olympic rules are forbidden from making any kind of protest at events or venues - including the opening ceremony. It's not mandatory that every athlete participate in the opening ceremony.

"We strongly encourage our athletes to participate in opening ceremonies," said U.S. Olympic Committee spokesman Darryl Seibel. "It is a tremendous honor to walk into the Olympic Stadium behind the flag of your nation, and to do so in a ceremony honoring and celebrating athletes from around the world."

The violent protests in Tibet, the most serious challenge in almost two decades to China's rule in the region, are forcing governments and human rights campaigners to re-examine their approach to the Aug. 8-24 games.

Human Rights Watch, which has not been pushing for a boycott, may soon change its stance and urge heads of state not to go to the opening ceremony, said Sophie Richardson, the New York-based group's Asia advocacy director. So far, the group has been suggesting that foreign leaders "think long and hard" about whether they want to seen alongside China's leadership, she said in a telephone interview.

"Their presence at the games is going to be represented and reported by the Chinese government as a sign of approval," she added.

Prince Charles has already said he will skip the Olympics. He supports Tibet's spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, who has been living in exile since an uprising against Chinese rule in 1959.

Hollywood director Steven Spielberg also withdrew in February as an artistic adviser to the opening and closing ceremonies, saying China had not done enough to halt the bloodshed in Darfur. China buys much of Sudan's oil and supplies many of the weapons used in the Darfur conflict.

China is trying to stop any boycott movement from gathering steam. In the government's highest-level comment on the protests in Tibet and neighboring provinces, Premier Wen Jiabao accused the Dalai Lama and his supporters of orchestrating the violence to taint the Olympics.

"The Beijing Olympics will be a grand gathering for people from around the world," Wen said. "We need to respect the principles of the Olympics and the Olympic Charter and we should not politicize the games."

The International Olympic Committee has been forced to lobby against boycott calls and the possibility of the games turning into a political demonstration.

The IOC's basic position, as stated repeatedly by Rogge, is that it is a sports organization and unable to pressure China or any other country on political matters.

IOC spokeswoman Emmanuelle Moreau reiterated that the Olympic Charter forbids protests at any games sites. Her comment came in response to suggestions from some French lawmakers that Olympic athletes wear Tibetan armbands or scarves on medal podiums or at the opening ceremony.

"It's unsportsmanlike to want to gag athletes, to follow in the footsteps of totalitarianism," said one of the lawmakers, Gerard Bapt.

Moreau would not get into specifics on how the IOC might respond to protests in Beijing.

"Lots of people and lots of organizations are commenting at the moment. We don't want to get dragged into the debate. We have rules and procedures, which means that when things happen, we can deal with them. We are not going to start commenting about what might, or what might not, happen," she said.

The consensus is that a total boycott would only hurt the athletes, as shown by the political boycotts of the 1976, 1980 and 1984 Olympics. The Dalai Lama has also said a boycott is not the answer.

European calls for a boycott of the opening ceremony predate the protests in Tibet, which began peacefully March 10 on the anniversary of the failed 1959 uprising.

A Dutch lawmaker, Joel Voordewind, had already suggested last month that countries "take part in the games but skip the party beforehand."

But the Tibetan unrest has added urgency to the issue by refocusing attention on China's human rights record.

Even before the Tibetan protests, three-time Olympic swimming gold medalist Pieter van den Hoogenband of the Netherlands called on Rogge to speak out on behalf of all athletes urging China to improve its human rights situation. On Monday, world 50-meter butterfly champion Roland Schoeman of South Africa said the IOC "should stand up and say, 'The way these people (Tibetans) are being treated is not acceptable.'"

Luciano Barra, a longtime Italian Olympic official who was deputy CEO of the 2006 Turin Winter Games, also believes the IOC should prepared to do and say more.

"For a question of credibility, the public opinion will say, 'You are just thinking about the games, not thinking about millions of people and freedom," he said.

About 400 people chanted a prayer and waved Tibetan flags Tuesday at a protest near the IOC headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland. Wangpo Tethong, who presides over the self-declared Tibetan National Olympic Committee, said Rogge "must clearly denounce the killings and force China to stop it."

For some Olympic watchers, the violent demonstrations in Tibet come as no surprise and are something the IOC can't be expected to resolve.

"This is what people anticipated when giving the games to Beijing. The Tibetan issue is always there. This was clearly going to be part of the last six months of the run-up to the games," John MacAloon, a University of Chicago professor and Olympic historian, said in an interview.

IOC executive board member and marketing chief Gerhard Heiberg said Olympics officials can't lecture China but does raise human rights and other issues in its regular, private contacts with the Chinese.

"We still maintain that the Olympics are mainly a sports event and we do not want to get involved in a sovereign state's domestic and foreign policy," the Norwegian said in an interview. "Formally we keep out of this, but of course, behind the scenes there can be silent diplomacy, trying to explain how things could hurt the success of the games. This is also important."

Paris-based press freedom group Reporters Without Borders came out in favor Tuesday of an opening ceremony boycott by heads of state and government, and royalty. The president of the EU Parliament, Hans-Gert Poettering, also said politicians should consider staying away from the ceremony if the violence continues.

"Calling for a complete boycott of the Olympic games is not a good solution. The aim is not to deprive athletes of the world's biggest sports event or to deprive the public of the spectacle," said Reporters Without Borders. "But it would be outrageous not to firmly demonstrate one's disagreement with the Chinese government's policies."

---

Associated Press Writers Angela Charlton in Paris, Stephen Wilson in London, Eddie Pells in Denver, Stephen Wade in Beijing and Graham Dunbar in Geneva contributed to this report.

Isn't it funny how when it comes down to brass tacks we Americans all know what it means to be free.....................And I think it's important that other people here on this forum know that WE AMERICANS are like that despite our many differences.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, you make it sound like you are the only people who know what it means to be free.

I'm just as free as you are. :D

And wearing T-shirts!

helen0038.jpg

Me in a Free Tibet shirt. (OK, you gotta look close.)

Very nice :thumbsup:

Now how about let's see some snaps of you in a "Free Tibet" bikini? :D

Again,.. very well said, Del. :thumbsup:

Cheers to you too, brother! :beer:

I will add the caveat though that we should not deign to think that non-'WE AMERICANS' are any less able to recognize bare naked oppression when they see it, nor are they any less able to appreciate freedom than we are, nor do they value freedom any less than we do. In the cause of Tibet.. and the cause of oppressed peoples everywhere.. along with the "wild eyed Obama loving liberals and rapid conservative hawks like me standing toe to toe against a regime like China", we should open our arms to anyone.. despite our many differences.. who holds freedom as the highest principle and invite them to stand side by side with us in this cause and in causes like it. This particular cause is not an America vs China issue, this a Freedom vs Oppression issue; this is a Humanitarian vs Despotism issue; this is a World Community vs Chinese Regime issue; this is Freedom for Tibet issue.. this is a Save the Tibetan Culture From Genocide issue!

:hippy:

Very true Hermit. I was just underscoring that fact that "We Americans" who are not so similar are able to see the truth in this situation with Tibet. I didn't mean that others are not capable of the same.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, you make it sound like you are the only people who know what it means to be free.

I'm just as free as you are. :D

Not what I said at all.

But you do agree that Tibet is NOT free don't you? And you do agree that the Chinese are still repressing freedom don't you?

Oh I see....

So it's okay for you to be personal, and attack people and say whatever the hell you like, and be rude and offensive, but when someone's doing it to you, you start to throw you power around saying you're gonna get me banned.

Don't mess with you eh? Or you'll teach me a lesson? Get me banned?

Christ, you're pathetic

Just reminding you that personal attacks and troll like behavior is not being tolerated around here Gainsbarre. I mean since you have yourself been supportive of getting others banned for similar behavior in the not so recent past. Just keeping it real as they say.

Now I am making a big effort to keep this discussion on track, despite the fact that you have seen fit to attack me personally. And in addition to that you have aslo made a rude and insensitive remark which is not appreciated by many Christians. Please leave Jesus out of this if you don't mind.

I would hope that you will at least apologize for that last comment if only for your own good.

You are dismissed now.

CPS.MQQ36.170308201415.photo00.photo.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/17/dalai.lama/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/1...rest/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Expressing hope that the future of Tibet and China will move beyond mistrust, the Dalai Lama accepted the Congressional Gold Medal from President Bush Wednesday during a ceremony in the Capitol Rotunda.

"I am deeply touched that this great honor has been given to me, a Buddhist monk born of a simple family," he said.

Earlier, China slammed the United States for bestowing the nation's highest civilian honor on the Dalai Lama, calling the ceremony an affront to the budding relations between the countries.

But the Dalai Lama repeated his stance that he's seeking a "meaningful autonomy" for the Tibetan people, not independence from China.

"Despite all this, Beijing continues to allege that my hidden agenda is a separation and restoration [of] Tibet's old social political system. Such a notion is unfounded and untrue," he said.

"Much of the world is waiting to see how China's concepts of harmonious society and peaceful rights would unfold."

Though Bush said the ceremony was not meant to antagonize the Chinese, he made repeated references to religious oppression.

"Americans cannot look to the plight of the religiously oppressed and close our eyes or turn away," Bush said.

Calling the Dalai Lama a "universal symbol of peace and tolerance, a shepherd to the faithful and a keeper of the flame for his people," Bush presented the medallion to the Dalai Lama. Watch actor Richard Gere explain the importance of the ceremony »

Don't Miss

Spiritual leader not fazed by Chinese ire

China protests Dalai Lama honor

Protesters storm Chinese Embassy in New Delhi

Time: Does the Dalai Lama Still Matter?

The spiritual leader grinned broadly, pulling the award from its case and showing it to the lawmakers with whom he shared the stage.

Democratic and Republican leaders praised the Dalai Lama's record of promoting peace and urged China to allow the return of the exiled leader.

Bush also lauded the spiritual leader who as a boy kept a model of the Statue of Liberty by his bedside.

The president met privately Tuesday with Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th dalai lama, in the White House.

Before the Wednesday honor, Bush said he was attending the ceremony because he admires the Dalai Lama, the two of them both support religious freedom and because "I like going to the gold medal ceremonies."

He further said fostering religious freedom was in China's best interests and that Beijing should meet with the Dalai Lama.

"If they were to sit down with the Dalai Lama, they would find him to be a man of peace and reconciliation," Bush said.

China saw the ceremony as a political statement and believes the honor represents U.S. acquiescence to the Dalai Lama's calls for Tibetan autonomy. Tibet, said Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao, is "an inalienable part of China" and Chinese-Tibetan affairs are strictly a matter of Chinese domestic policy.

"U.S. leaders meeting the Dalai [Lama] seriously violate the basic principles of international relations," Liu said.

The Dalai Lama laughed off Chinese criticism of his visit, saying Tuesday in Washington, "That always happens."

The Congressional Gold Medal -- one of four honors Congress is doling out Wednesday -- is presented "both for singular acts of exceptional service and for lifetime achievement."

Past recipients include Mother Teresa, former South African President Nelson Mandela, former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and baseball and civil rights icon Jackie Robinson.

White House spokesman Dana Perino said Bush considered the Dalai Lama "a great spiritual leader." Bush, who has met with the Dalai Lama four times, told Chinese President Hu Jintao at a summit in Australia last month that he would be attending Wednesday's ceremony, Perino said.

She quickly dismissed the notion that the president was trying to make a statement by attending the ceremony.

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....COMMUNIST CHINA MY ASS....if China is still commie, then I'm King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table put together.......RATHER RIGHT-WING FASCIST CHINA!!!, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Just reminding you that personal attacks and troll like behavior is not being tolerated around here Gainsbarre. I mean since you have yourself been supportive of getting others banned for similar behavior in the not so recent past. Just keeping it real as they say.

Now I am making a big effort to keep this discussion on track, despite the fact that you have seen fit to attack me personally. And in addition to that you have aslo made a rude and insensitive remark which is not appreciated by many Christians. Please leave Jesus out of this if you don't mind.

I would hope that you will at least apologize for that last comment if only for your own good.

You are dismissed now.

First of all, you lied when you accused me of being supportive of getting other people banned.

Sam, our Mod, can attest to the fact that I have -never- asked for anyone to be banned, on this forum or on the JPJ forum, I have never complained to Sam about any member on any board, and I have never threatened anyone with trying to get them banned...

Do you know why Del? Because I'm a big boy who can take care of himself and doesn't have to go crying to someone or get the moderators to enact some sort of revenge, I can take your "comments" and get over it, mostly because I have a life and what you think and say doesn't worry me a great deal. I'm sorry, you'd probably like me to worry about what you say but I don't.

Anyway Del, I find it highly ironic that YOU should be chastising me over Christian virtue since you are so empty of it yourself.

Anyway since you want to defend Christian values, perhaps I should remind you of a little quote from the Bible, Luke 6:31

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you".

So Del, I'll do a deal with you: I won't call you any names as long as you stop attacking every post I put up on this forum...

You may not agree with my comments or opinions, that's fine, you don't have to.

But if you think I'm going to show you the slightest bit of respect when you attack my posts, abuse me, make all sorts of degrading comments about me, well you know where you can shove it, don't you?

This all started because I put up that post in that other thread about how I felt America should give up its guns. I didn't know you and I didn't comment anything about you. But instead of just disagreeing with me, you thought "oh good, a newbie to slash and burn" and you came after me, swords flashing and guns blazing.

So don't come all high and mighty and moral at me. You have nothing to be proud of.

If you're going to bully people on this forum, then you're not going to have an easy time of it with me

HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....COMMUNIST CHINA MY ASS....if China is still commie, then I'm King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table put together.......RATHER RIGHT-WING FASCIST CHINA!!!, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Sir, if you could never post in political threads again, I'd appreciate it.

You refuse to back up anything you say. You always claim that the right-wingers are responsible for all evil in the world. And you refuse to believe that fascism is left-wing at heart

Either post why they are right-wing, and provide some data or even just your own philosophy, but do not make statements this general and broad and not explain them.

First of all, you lied when you accused me of being supportive of getting other people banned.

Sam, our Mod, can attest to the fact that I have -never- asked for anyone to be banned, on this forum or on the JPJ forum, I have never complained to Sam about any member on any board, and I have never threatened anyone with trying to get them banned...

Do you know why Del? Because I'm a big boy who can take care of himself and doesn't have to go crying to someone or get the moderators to enact some sort of revenge, I can take your "comments" and get over it, mostly because I have a life and what you think and say doesn't worry me a great deal. I'm sorry, you'd probably like me to worry about what you say but I don't.

Anyway Del, I find it highly ironic that YOU should be chastising me over Christian virtue since you are so empty of it yourself.

Anyway since you want to defend Christian values, perhaps I should remind you of a little quote from the Bible, Luke 6:31

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you".

So Del, I'll do a deal with you: I won't call you any names as long as you stop attacking every post I put up on this forum...

You may not agree with my comments or opinions, that's fine, you don't have to.

But if you think I'm going to show you the slightest bit of respect when you attack my posts, abuse me, make all sorts of degrading comments about me, well you know where you can shove it, don't you?

This all started because I put up that post in that other thread about how I felt America should give up its guns. I didn't know you and I didn't comment anything about you. But instead of just disagreeing with me, you thought "oh good, a newbie to slash and burn" and you came after me, swords flashing and guns blazing.

So don't come all high and mighty and moral at me. You have nothing to be proud of.

If you're going to bully people on this forum, then you're not going to have an easy time of it with me

I will only say that this about YOU using personal attacks in this thread. That's all. Read into it whatever you like.

Btw, you were already dismissed.

Now back to 'Free Tibet'

NEXT!

Respect the stars, Gainesburro. <_<

Damn you, and your insubordination.

Drop and give the General 20!

No, forget 20. You keep going until Sarge tells you you can stop!

military_training_pushups_hg_clr.gif

:P

-------

The Dalai Lama says..

I'm talking to you!

Yeah.. you!

art.dalai.lama.ap.jpg

Don't be a yakass!..

FreeTibetscreensaver.jpg

..support freedom for Tibet!

May all beings be free from suffering.

:hippy:

ok,.. The Dalai Lama only really said the last line. ;)

but you already knew that. ^_^

You refuse to back up anything you say. You always claim that the right-wingers are responsible for all evil in the world. And you refuse to believe that fascism is left-wing at heart

Either post why they are right-wing, and provide some data or even just your own philosophy, but do not make statements this general and broad and not explain them.

Please don't get offended by me asking this question, but do you know what Communism actually is?

Not what I said at all.

Ok, fair enough. It seemed like you were saying that though. :D

But you do agree that Tibet is NOT free don't you? And you do agree that the Chinese are still repressing freedom don't you?

Yup, and yup.

First of all, I shall post wherever and whenever I want to.....FYFI.... :))......and you know why, because this is a FREE forum AND because (above all!! :)), as long as there are RIGHT-WINGERS here posting the most OBNOXIOUS of things (and NO, I'm NOT going to list them!! :)), I'll post my thing too.....GET RID OF THOSE RIGHT-WINGER BLASPHEMOUS posters here and I'll be too happy to be gone too :)).

B)YES, I SINCERELY BELIEVE RIGHT-WING IDEALS ARE AT THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.....IN HISTORY, THERE HAS YET TO BE A WORLD WAR STARTED OFF BY ANY OTHER PARTY OR PART OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM.....and if this explanation is NOT enuff for you, go ask any Jew or other oppressed people (say in South America!!:):)) what right-wing REALLY means.

IS THAT ENUFF OR DO YOU WANT MORE??! :):)

Robert.

First of all, I shall post wherever and whenever I want to.....FYFI.... :))......and you know why, because this is a FREE forum AND because (above all!! :)), as long as there are RIGHT-WINGERS here posting the most OBNOXIOUS of things (and NO, I'm NOT going to list them!! :)), I'll post my thing too.....GET RID OF THOSE RIGHT-WINGER BLASPHEMOUS posters here and I'll be too happy to be gone too :)).

B)YES, I SINCERELY BELIEVE RIGHT-WING IDEALS ARE AT THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.....IN HISTORY, THERE HAS YET TO BE A WORLD WAR STARTED OFF BY ANY OTHER PARTY OR PART OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM.....and if this explanation is NOT enuff for you, go ask any Jew or other oppressed people (say in South America!!:):)) what right-wing REALLY means.

IS THAT ENUFF OR DO YOU WANT MORE??! :):)

Robert.

I want more.

Hitler's Nazi Germany was a left-winged country economically. Fascism dictates that the government runs business...thats a LEFT-Wing ideal. Same with Benito Mussolini's fascist state.

Communism is left-wing, look what that has done for the world. Look at the left-wing countries in the world with human rights records as deplorable as far-right countries:

China

Vietnam

North Korea

The Soviet Union of old

Cuba

shall we continue?

Cuba is very left-wing, and yet its government holds that no one can criticize the government.

Your idea that right-wingers are the root of all evil is flawed severely. Mthinks you're brainwashed.

And why the 10 million smilies?

American "Sit" to poop.... but at the Beijing Olympics, and many other places in the world... they "squat".....

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/112...tml?source=mypi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet

Link includes the plusses and the minuses of the squat toilet.

JapaneseSquatToilet.jpg

I ain't gonna take this china shit sitting down any more, they have to be stop.

Who are these right wingers you're talking about.

I want more.

Hitler's Nazi Germany was a left-winged country economically. Fascism dictates that the government runs business...thats a LEFT-Wing ideal. Same with Benito Mussolini's fascist state.

Communism is left-wing, look what that has done for the world. Look at the left-wing countries in the world with human rights records as deplorable as far-right countries:

China

Vietnam

North Korea

The Soviet Union of old

Cuba

shall we continue?

Cuba is very left-wing, and yet its government holds that no one can criticize the government.

Your idea that right-wingers are the root of all evil is flawed severely. Mthinks you're brainwashed.

And why the 10 million smilies?

Hahhahahhaha I can only laff at your understatements....again!! :). If you think I'm anywhere near left-wing, your dead wrong, but I'm not a RIGHT-WING SCUM either......your 2nd error man! I'm saying that most politicians should hang (SEEING THAT THIS VERB HAS BEEN USED AND ABUSED in other posts above, I'll use it FREELY here too!!).

The more I read the OBNOXIOUS RIGHT-WING posts above, the more I appreciate watching the NUREMBERG TRIALS on DVD!! :)

Robert.

Hahhahahhaha I can only laff at your understatements....again!! :). If you think I'm anywhere near left-wing, your dead wrong, but I'm not a RIGHT-WING SCUM either......your 2nd error man! I'm saying that most politicians should hang (SEEING THAT THIS VERB HAS BEEN USED AND ABUSED in other posts above, I'll use it FREELY here too!!).

The more I read the OBNOXIOUS RIGHT-WING posts above, the more I appreciate watching the NUREMBERG TRIALS on DVD!! :)

Robert.

Where in the hell did I say you were left-wing? :huh:

Go back and prove me wrong if you want. Oh and it's "laugh".

Oh and by the way bud, theres as much scum on the left-side of the aisle

________________________________________________________________________________

____

Now for Gainesbarre...you want me to explain Communism to you...despite the fact I could copy/paste it? I'd feel like I was cheating :lol:

I'll give you the very broad generalization of it I guess?

Communism is basically derived from Karl Marx and the Marxism that derived from his thinking. It's stateless, it's classless, everybody and their brother is equal to another in every kind of social aspect. The government controls the economy, and wealth is redispersed to the masses.

Have I hit it, or am I flat-out wrong? :huh:

Isn't it funny how when it comes down to brass tacks we Americans all know what it means to be free. And wether or not we are conservatives or liberals, christian or other, we all know bare naked oppression when we see it. And I for one am confident that with our backs up against the wall you would see wild eyed Obama loving liberals and rapid conservative hawks like me standing toe to toe against a regime like China. And I think it's important that other people here on this forum know that WE AMERICANS are like that despite our many differences.

As cheesy as that may sound it is true. Not to put any other country down, but this is one of the reasons that makes america so great. We may be of different religious/political beliefs, but when the chips are down, we stand together, everytime. I still have a goal to get one of the early colonial flags tattoed on my person. It also has been my personal creedo for as long as I can remember: DONT TREAD ON ME...

Archived