DID SOMTHING HAPPEN TO JIMMY?

Oh yes. He died last year...PSYCHE!!! Just kidding! Sorry! I was being a punk! Na...it's a tribute at the Classic Rock Awards for Classic Rock Magazine. I consider it the best music publication of all time! It so rocks!

Jimmy Page Awarded Living Legend Award at Classic Rock Magazine's Roll of Honour 2007

Jeremy Singer | Nov 6 2007

Gibson proudly sponsored the highly coveted Living Legend award at this year’s Classic Rock Magazine's Roll of Honour Awards. The Living Legend award went to Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page. The prestigious awards were held at London’s Landmark Hotel.

Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler was on hand to present Jimmy Page with his award which included a presentation of a '54 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop personally signed by Les Paul. Before Jimmy took to the stage, the packed house of rock's royalty watched footage of his illustrious career which included personal video messages from Les Paul, Scotty Moore, Robert Plant, and Joe Perry.

Speaking to reporters at the event, Jimmy Page said Led Zeppelin's long-awaited reunion concert at The O2 on Dec 10 would essentially be a greatest hits set, revealing, "I can't give away all the titles but it's pretty much all the songs that people would want to hear, and the ones that we'd want to play too, so that's a great chemistry."

“Jimmy Page has earned his reputation as one of the word’s greatest guitarists, having helped shape and influence rock music around the world," said Henry Juszkiewicz, Chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitar Corp. "The Classic Rock Magazine Roll Of Honour Living Legend award only confirms Jimmy’s status and global appreciation as a true master of his craft. I am proud that Gibson Guitar sponsored this prestigious and important award and wish Jimmy Page well.”

I wish someone would post the tributes that Scotty Moore and Les Paul did too. I'd love to hear them...

Absolutely, I'm dying to see what Les Paul had to say, I know he loves Page, when I met Les Paul at Fat Tuesday's in New York City about 20 years ago, he mentioned he was good friends with Page and that he was "nowhere near as good as that guy (Page)", and that Les Paul, Jimmy Page, and Plant all have a mutual admiration society. When Les talks, people tend to listen, as the grandpappy of modern recording and the classic Les Paul guitar, you gotta respect that!

Archived