Black dog 3.55-4.20

Munoz

Hi,

I was listening to this song and I noticed that Robert sings/moans between 3.55-4.20. I never thought of it before, so I thought I'd ask about it. Does anyone know what he sings?

Sorry if it has already been discussed.

Thanks!

/Munoz

I think you're talking about the bits that go something like, "babe, ooh, yeah..." etc. and then something like "push it, babe"...just ad-libbing, not really important to the song as a whole, but anyway I think I'm talking aboutthe wrong thing. :blink:

But dude that's the wonderful thing about it -- I had been listening to "Black Dog" for years before I heard those buried voices at the end. It's awesome to still be finding new (to us) and odd things in Zep's music after all these years.

I've never really paid much attention to it until you mentioned it. I've been playing with my audio software trying to isolate his voice, but not having a great amount of success. Sounds like he repeats the line "Tell me won't you do me now" a couple times, "woah baby" a few times, then "push it babe, push it babe".

I guess you are right :) Thats why I decided to ask about it, I've been listening to this song for so long without noticing. Heh, now I hear it all the time, it's like the pedal sqeak on SIBLY:p

moaning and groaning. Putting down ground work for better vocal overtures, myths and hymns that currently extend to the Gone, Gone, Gone is Led Zeppelin tour with Allison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett subbing for Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones

I had a go at isolating the lyrics some time back and this is what I had got. Not easy though as the lyrics are buried deep in the mix. I will have another go when I get a chance as there is slightly better software for isolating lyrics now (Elevayta player boy pro) - which is not bad for $30!

Ahhh, yeah yeah yeah, time for you to be moving

Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, I want you to get moving on

Oh Baby, baby, ooh, keep movin'

Oh yes (to us), baby (to us), baby (to us)

Ba-by, ba-by, ba-by, ba-by-aby-abe

Ooooohh, baby

Ooh, oooohhhhhh, ooh

(I wasn't the first today)

Keep on, keep on, you're moving

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Girl I'm not so foolish now, now, now

Speaking of lyrics.... there used to be a "lyrics" section on led-zeppelin.com. It was really GREAT, and so convenient! All arranged by album! When he dropped the hyphen, the Administrator also dropped all the lyrics! Why, oh, WHY did he do that!? That was a major part of the appeal of the old site! I know it's a bit off topic, but I didn't know where else to ask this. Man, I really enjoyed those lyrics! (For those interested, robertplanthomepage.com has all of RP's solo lyrics. Maybe that site could also give us Led Zep lyrics, since they did a beautiful job with the solo lyrics.)

Archived