Iron Maiden thread

One and Only

Another shot of 'Ed Force One' somewhere in South America on the current tour... shades of the Starship and Caesar's Chariot... not many bands are big enough to have the clout for this mode of transport especially when the captain is the lead singer! Not even Robert managed that!

1323652.jpg

I saw Maiden live about 8 times and I was pleasantly surprised with Eddie each and every time! :). Their music is real cool and beats the hell outta other bands like Saxon and co.

My fave song by Maiden has gotta be RUNNING FREE!

I saw them in San Diego a week before they recorded their live album "Live after Death" in Long Beach. This was during their massive Powerslave tour! I could swear there was another Maiden thread somewhere else on this forum...

This had to be the concert that had the lowest volume of any that I have ever been to. Odd considering the band...It was tied for the "lowest volume" concert by their apppearance in 1986 at St.Louis arena..."Somewhere in Time" tour...

Apparently they are playing the -somewhere in time album on tour. That record is over 20yrs old now, remember it back in high school. talk about somewhere in time...

-walks out of thread feeling old.

They are unfortunately just playing two songs from it. Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait. I wish they would have added Sea of Madness.

I’m really looking forward to see them back in action this summer.

They are unfortunately just playing two songs from it. Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait. I wish they would have added Sea of Madness.

I’m really looking forward to see them back in action this summer.

yeah, I always liked "Alexander the Great" from that album, as well. This was the last Maiden album I ever purchased, except for the "remastered' versions of the first six or so albums..."albums", jeez I'm old...

yeah, I always liked "Alexander the Great" from that album, as well. This was the last Maiden album I ever purchased, except for the "remastered' versions of the first six or so albums..."albums", jeez I'm old...

I was hoping to they would play Alexander, but no such luck.

You should get the Seventh Son album as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I really love Iron Maiden and this is how I discovered them...

Way back in the early 80's I would go see bands at a small 3300 seat auditorium near my home. One of the bands I went to see was 38 Special and this band Iron Maiden was opening for them. I had never heard of Maiden before and it was absolutely the oddest pairing of opening band/main act I had ever seen. IRON MAIDEN blew away 38 Special... so much so that people walked out of the show in the middle of 38 Specials set. My seat was in the 3rd row so I could see how annoyed the band was that people walked out. On that day I became an Iron Maiden fan for life.

Great heavy metal band with a unique sound. I have good memories back in the 80's.

One of the best dual guitar combination in rock. Amazing guitarists!

With Judas Priest they sit at the olympus of Bristish Heavy Metal.

• 4 weeks later...

The Billboard Q&A: Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson

iron_maiden_03l.gif

Iron Maiden

Paul Bruce Dickinson made his live debut with Iron Maiden at the end of 1981, some two years after the band started its enduring relationship with EMI Records. He had viewed the group's early emergence from a ringside seat as lead singer with Samson, another of the bands in what the rock press dubbed "the new wave of British heavy metal." Since then, he has been not only Iron Maiden's definitive lead singer, but an author, sportsman, a solo artist for five years in the 1990s, a radio DJ and a pilot. In the middle of the most successful global tour of the band's career, he sat down with Billboard to discuss his, and Maiden's, life and times.

You can read the interview here.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Iron Maiden/ Anthrax/ Lauren Harris concert at Irvine Meadows

this past Friday night May 30...due to traffic, missed Lauren's(Steve Harris' daughter...

bring your daughter to the slaughter anyone?) set.

Didn't notice any loudness issues with the sound...it wasn't the LOUDEST show

I've been to, but it seemed loud enough from where I was sitting.

Not the greatest Iron Maiden show I've seen...nothing to compare with the Maiden shows

I saw from 1981-87...but it was still pretty rocking. The Trooper is always a great moment,

and I totally wasn't expecting Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

As usual at Irvine, people indulged in that hoary old cliche of setting bonfires in the

grass area above the seats.

All in all, I'm glad I went, as I hadn't seen Iron Maiden in ages and watching that Metal

weekend on VH1 Classic last week got me in the mood to see them again.

Could have done without the Seventh Son songs...would have liked to hear Loneliness of

the Long Distance Runner, Wrathchild or Murders in the Rue Morgue instead.

Here is the setlist from the show:

Transylvania (over the PA with Ed Force 1 footage)

1. Churchill's Speech/Aces High

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight

3. Revelations

4. The Trooper

5. Wasted Years

6. Number of the Beast

7. Can I Play with Madness

8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner

9. Powerslave

10. Heaven Can Wait

11. Run to the Hills

12. Fear of the Dark

13. Iron Maiden

Encore:

14. Moonchild

15. The Clairvoyant

16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Oh, and for those interested, here is Anthrax's set:

1. Indians

2. Got The Time

3. Caught In A Mosh

4. Madhouse

5. Antisocial

6. Room For One More

7. Safe Home

8. Only

9. I Am The Law

Ummm, I'm no Anthrax expert, but it didn't look like Joey Belladonna up there

singing...yes, I know:I'll google or wikipedia it, haha.

Archived