Help me choose a new bass drum pedal

Jarlaxle 56

Ok, as the topic said...I'm looking for recommendations on a good line of doublekick bass drum pedals. I've been told that Pearl or Tama are the way to go...so could anyone help me out with some good recommendations or advice? I'd really appreciate any advice on doublekick pedals, as this will be my first one (currently using a single). I will probably ask my teacher but it's nice to have a variety of opinions. :)

Ok, as the topic said...I'm looking for recommendations on a good line of doublekick bass drum pedals. I've been told that Pearl or Tama are the way to go...so could anyone help me out with some good recommendations or advice? I'd really appreciate any advice on doublekick pedals, as this will be my first one (currently using a single). I will probably ask my teacher but it's nice to have a variety of opinions. :)

Don't really have an opinion on the brand, but if you are going into the recording studio (and on the off chance your song being recorded is a hit), hopefully you will remember to lubricate all your pedals so that we don't end up hearing it 'squeek' like on Since I've Been Loving You for the next 100 years.

I played DW double bass systems for 15 years, and kept wearing out the u-joint extension rods, but I liked the pedal action.

I switched in 2001 to a Pearl system, and I have to say it is the best quality pedal I've ever played. It comes with 4 different cams, the one on the system being the standard action, and the others supply varying degrees of velocity. I've played the hell out of this system, throw it unmercifully into my hardware case for transport, and travel pretty extensively at times with it. It never rattles apart during transport, and is always ready to go to work.

You will not go wrong with the Pearl.  B)

Ok, cool, I have had some problems with the one I'm currently using breaking apart on me and then having to tighten some things on it. So, I guess it would be pretty good to get something that is extremely durable. I was leaning towards Pearl anyway because of the fantastic cymbal stands I have :whistling:

• 5 years later...

Here's one I got off EBAY some years back. It's mainly a collector's piece and Ludwig told me it was made in the early 50's.

I use a TAMA pedal on my Roland E Drums. It strikes downward onto the bass drum pad and I think gravity also gives it a boost for pedal speed. :^)

post-503-0-72383600-1354490188_thumb.jpg

Archived