United States Of America Thread

donkey

What scares me is how connected (with gadgets) we are, like PCs, MACs, PDAs, Cell phones, etc and yet we communicate with each other very little.

Technology with all it's glory (texting and even these forums) it is all so cold and isolating.

For instance:

My 31 yr old son now texts me greetings for Happy Mother's Day or texts me with Happy Birthday. No phone call, just texts. Doesn't anyone talk anymore? THAT is what is scary to me.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

topten2_borg4d.jpg

Edited by Uncle Bill

I like to drive to South Dakota and see the transition from midwest to west. I like the west coast alot, too, because the landscape is amazing.

I'll be making this trip for the first time in September. A friend and I rented a house not to far from Yellowstone. I wanna see me some mountains before it's too late. :D

I'll be making this trip for the first time in September. A friend and I rented a house not to far from Yellowstone. I wanna see me some mountains before it's too late. :D

Oh, you will love the trip. I don't know if you're in western WI, but you can zip through MN and stay In Sioux Falls overnight if you want. Then stop at the corn palace in Mitchell, then Wall Drug (both those places are cheesy as hell, but fun). Then hit the badlands, which are awesome. Then to the Black Hills (lots of interesting places there, like Mt. Rushnore, of course), and then to Devil's Tower. I love that trip.

:rolleyes:

Is there another country that you know of you would feel safer in? Sounds like you need to move to another town. I know many move to the burbs.

1. Never trust someone who carries a gun. I dont care who it is <_< ///

2. Dont move somewhere where only the criminals can own one....and there are many. How does that saying god? "Never take a knife to a gun fight."

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Crime is very low here. The only thing you see is kids getting drunk now and again. Move somewhere safe. If it's here bring 2 or 3 mil for a home :P

donkey

"I'm a flea bit donkey, all my friends are junkies,

I'm glad your a donkey woman TOO!"

So where is here?

I have news for you, Suz, guys aren't the only ones looking to protect themselves. I keep one, hope and pray never need to use it, but i know how to shoot. Shooting guns for sport (at clay pigeons and at target ranges) is actually a lot of fun.

Edit: i don't agree with hunting, unless you live in the wilderness.

I'm a vegetarian myself. Never was too crazy about those little rats with wings anyhoo.

zepbaby

• 1 month later...
been away for 2 years now and here are a few things i miss about living in america...

going to the drive-in...

grocery stores open on a sunday...

understanding the conversations going on around me...

So when do you get to come back to the states?

Hi all,

Hi marolyn! :o heck no! :P I either grill or bake salmon,served with home-made dill mayo,rice and some veggies,..........

This is Micky D's way of applealing to local tastes(I think?)

KBBQ

laks=salmon...are these all the rage in the states too???

bergen, norway

n566304403_450904_3702.jpg

• 2 weeks later...